Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup, I totally feel you! Ihave a gut feeling this is boy #3 for me, and I know deep down that I will probably never get a girl either..my mom had BGBB. my MIL has 5 sons and 1 daughter. what are the chances of me having a girl?? anyway.. don't stress too much..I know we are meant to enjoy our pregnancies, but only if these comments would go away. some people even make you feel guilty about becoming pregnant. it's terrible.
    2008 2010
    praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep I totally agree with this. Although I am beyond desperate for a girl. By far the worst bit is having to deal with other peoples stupid insensitive comments.

I had my NT San today and although my nub pics don't show a nub in RL I swear I saw a boy nub. Mentioned this to my mum (to prepare here mentally) and she said "oh well we knew it was a boy!" excuse me?? Did we??? No Doctor has confirmed I physically can't have a girl so how did we know this??? Only I'm allowed to say I don't think I make girls lol.
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4Princess View Post
    Honestly, IF it wasn't for people's stupid remarks, I would totally be fine w/ another boy.. I am more afraid of what I will hear from everyone, rather than me not getting my DG. i know sounds crazy but it's only because i'm around so much talk..it's really annoying!
    When I was pregnant with my last son before I went HT, the comments from other people is what bothered me the most. I totally wanted a girl(of course) but people's comments were so out of control. I NEVER ask people what they are having. I always refer to the baby as "baby". I try to be extra sensitive to others even though they probably are not as bothered as I was. You just never know. When I was pregnant with my HT girl, I kept very quiet about it. I had zero desire to shout from the roof tops that it was a girl. People acted so happy and excited for me. Nothing like when I was pregnant with my boys. What a difference being pregnant with an opposite was. It made me never want to discuss gender with any pregnant person. I wish people wouldn't make such lame comments. I know people mean nothing by it, but it still stings when you are on the receiving end.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my goodness.. my thoughts EXACTLY! I actually would be happy with another boy.. am starting think same gender families are fun, but it's peoples and family comments (my in-laws will drive me mad) that are putting on the pressure.. seriously the main reason I'm probably swaying!

When I was pregnant with my first boy the cashier at the grocery store asked what I was having and after I said boy she replied "aw, that's too bad.. I had three boys... sigh" what the heck?! I don't understand the negative stigma attached to boys because I think mine are pretty fabulous.
    Last edited by black&gold; December 9th, 2012 at 06:13 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I feel just like this, I dont' think we are gonna find out with number 3 cuz I don't want to deal with sadness for 9 months. So if ppl ask what I think the baby is I will just say I don't know it's hard to tell, we are just hoping for a healthy baby. I think going team green would be good cuz no matter what the baby is when it's born I think everbody is gonna fall in love with him/her. But to find out early and go the next 4 months with comments and depression is torture and it makes you not want to look forward to having your new baby. A suprise would be a good way to go, maybe atleast for me. I also just want to be humble about it, I had a girlfriend jump the gun at 12 weeks and was like oh I know I'm having a girl, and then 20 week ultrasound it was a boy and she balled her eyes out, so for me to just be humble about it and at least if another boy is born then I won't look so stupid or prideful.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Just a thought but wondering if when we announce we are pregnant we could lie and say tat we are execting boy number 4 so its out there and done with and gives me and others time to deal with it and the comments wont shock me so much when people make comments at birth plus it avoids all the oh i bet you hope it its a girl stuff..... Then if a girl pops out we can just pretend the scan must have been wrong :-)

DH would never agree but its really what i feel like doing !!!
    For me, when we found out ds2 was a boy we didn't tell anyone..we told people that we didn't find out the gender. It was tough but it was the only way I could protect myself ...I personally didn't want the comments. Whenever someone said "oh I hope its a girl this time".. I responded " I would rather a boy so ds1 could have a brother"...just what I did to ease my pain at the time.
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm not planning on telling anyone anything!

I'm sitll not sure whether we're going team green - I think it will be an in the moment decision when time comes, but irregardless we will tell people we don't know what gender we're having. When people ask us if we're having another baby, we always say we might and that it would be nice with another little boy!
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been telling people that I'm not sure if I'm going to find out. I'm definitely going to find out though. I'll see how I feel afterward. I can't not know this time. I will have to deal with my disappointment early on and not fall so hard this time. Having said that, other people don't have to know if you don't want them to. I'm not planning on telling people when my ultrasound is. If asked, I'll probably give a later date so I can have some time to deal either way.
    200320052008:2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Why not just lie and tell people that you don't know what you're having but you're hoping for your 4th boy. That's what I've started doing. When people say things like "I bet you're hoping for a girl", I say "I've seen the boys we make and they're fantastic. I'm hoping for another one of those but will be happy with a healthy baby." That way, I won't have to deal with the awkward pity when our 3rd boy makes his appearance. People will think it's what I wanted anyways and I won't have to deal with any "maybe next time!" comments.
    That's totes awesome. Saving it for future use!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I planned on lying to my sister about knowing the sex (I don't know just yet, but think it's a boy). All of my parent's grandkids are boys and my sister has been telling me SHE will be having the first girl (she is only 7 weeks pregnant). We are finding out for sure on Jan. 12. My plan was to only tell parents and grandparents and tell everyone else we aren't finding out. I just can't stand the competition, even from everyone else. The cousins have chosen sides and everyone is rooting for one of us to have to first girl. This has got to be the weirdest competition ever!

Well, that was my plan anyway. The place we are getting the gender determination ultrasound done allows up to 30 people in the room! I have never even hear of that many people! Well, as soon as my mom found that out she begged for me to invite everyone...so we have 16 people coming, my sister included. It was a good plan, but I guess I am going to have to deal with her smug attitude if it IS a boy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast