Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DD #2

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautifully written, NPB. I remember being sad, but there was only one reason- because my DH (ex now) was so pissed off about it. When dd2 was born, I remember the isolation and feeling like she was so unwanted by him, and I would just rock her for hours and tell her that I always wanted her, more than anything, and was so glad that she was given to me. Now, she is my spicy little meatball, and we have a bond that is incredible. I think she knows, she remembers in a strange way, how much I wanted her to know I loved her and was thankful for her coming along.

Now I know why I was given two girls....because in our divorce, they have come to be a source of strength for each other and for me....all three of us bonded in our "womanly" power to get out and be ok. If either one of them were a boy, the ex would be unrelenting about him, but he doesn't care about the girls, because he believes women are a weaker and subservient gender (I know.....all this info would have been helpful BEFORE we got married).

All this to say, as NBP so eloquently put it, life would not be the same without our amazing little daughters, and despite how sad we may have been in the beginning, you come around to realize that you would have it no other way.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautifully written and I so feel the same. I always say my DS2 "fixed" me. For all the heartache I went through while I was pregnant with him, it was like the moment he was born I just exhaled and relaxed. I always say he is my little ray of sunshine.

My first was (IS) incredibly challenging - profoundly smart but also profoundly challenging, and it wasn't until #2 came along and I finally let go a little bit that I realized that I had been suffering low-level anxiety since he first was born.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LolaInLove your post made me tear up. Now I feel like getting my little DS2 out of his crib and rocking him and telling him how much I want him, and how sorry I am for all the disappointment I felt.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You wrote exactly how I felt and what I did with DD3, and it was sooooo hard to put on a "normal face" much less a smile and DH had to think I was crazy because I would randomly cry, but I think that helped him see how much I wanted a boy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12