Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am an Aussie, so I will have a winter baby, but all my others have been too (two June, two July) so everything I have from them that isn't blue, will fit nicely. It would be lovely to have a Summer baby and take her for walks etc but I will be snuggled up at home again.

I cycled at home in Australia. Gender selection is actually banned here but like other Aussie ladies on the HT boards, I found a sneaky way around it. If that had not been possible, my back up plan was to cycle with Dr Potter at Huntington Reproductive Center in the USA. I am kind of disappointed I didn't go to the USA in a way, because I was looking forward to a Californian holiday. My DH has promised when our DD gets to a reasonable age we will go to Disneyland etc with all the children, with the money we saved by cycling at home.

I am sorry that it appears your sway for a girl has not worked. You never know at this point though, sonographers can get it wrong. But if your DS4 is on his way, I know you will fall in love with him from the moment he arrives. I was so in love with my DS3, and although I don't have a favourite, we are definitely the closest. Your last little boy will be the most precious thing. I really hope you can add your little girl into the mix.

And don't worry about the comments. The one thing I have learned from the ladies on these boards is that everybody gets them, regardless of their family make up. Even people with a pigeon pair get the "oh how perfect" comments. The girl mums get "oh your poor DH, no son" and the all boy mums like us get "oh you must have your hands full with all boys". I have not had anyone say anything negative about this pregnancy, but even if they do, I now realise it is strangers and acquaintances who are just trying to think of something to say most of the time.
    Last edited by zibibbogirl; January 31st, 2013 at 07:05 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course, it never crossed my mind that July is a winter month for you! It gets pretty cold in winter here though (UK) - windy, icy and we had snow a couple of weeks ago.

You're right with the comments on the whole, I think most people just have to think of something to say with their "congratulations" and they have to embellish it. Thinking back, the most hurtful comments I have received in the past were from family members. Like, my sister, who now has 2 DD's (at the time she only had DD1) saying, "Urgh, boys are so *icky*, they spread their bogies (boogers) all over the telly and they're just happy to sit in their dirty nappies, my DD just *loves* to be clean..." And my SIL, who said, "You should keep your legs crossed from now on!" and "PROMISE me you won't have any MORE kids?!!" (I mean, wtf?)
    DS1 (2007)
    DS2&3 twins (2010)
    DS4 "failed" sway (2013) - apple of my eye
    Tried HT for in 2016-18
    Genesis Cycle #1 Aug 2016: 8 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilised, no normal XX, no transfer
    Genesis Cycle #2 Apr 2017: 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilised, 1 normal XX (under 5-probe FISH), BFN
    Genesis Cycle #3 Jul 2017: 12 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilised, 3 normal XX (under 5-probe FISH) of which 2 transferred, BFN
    Genesis FET Oct 2017: 1 XX hatching blast transferred, BFN
    Clinic C**** Cycle #4 Mar 2018 2017: 16 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilised, 8 tested with PGD. 1 euploid XX, 1 mosaic XX.
    Clinic C**** FET Jun 2018 1 euploid XX transferred, BFN What is going on? Repeated no implantation

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your sister doesn't know much about boys. I have never had one of mine spread boogies on the telly. And DS3 will let me know loud and clear as soon as he requires changing. People have such strange assumptions don't they?

As for your SIL I would make a deal with her. I would tell her I will keep my legs closed if she can do the same with her mouth! Lol. Only joking of course, but some people think they are so funny.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zibibbogirl View Post
    As for your SIL I would make a deal with her. I would tell her I will keep my legs closed if she can do the same with her mouth! Lol.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
    The irony is, I don't think *her* DH gets either end, the legs or the mouth, if you KWIM!!

Sorry, TMI!!
    DS1 (2007)
    DS2&3 twins (2010)
    DS4 "failed" sway (2013) - apple of my eye
    Tried HT for in 2016-18
    Genesis Cycle #1 Aug 2016: 8 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilised, no normal XX, no transfer
    Genesis Cycle #2 Apr 2017: 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilised, 1 normal XX (under 5-probe FISH), BFN
    Genesis Cycle #3 Jul 2017: 12 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilised, 3 normal XX (under 5-probe FISH) of which 2 transferred, BFN
    Genesis FET Oct 2017: 1 XX hatching blast transferred, BFN
    Clinic C**** Cycle #4 Mar 2018 2017: 16 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilised, 8 tested with PGD. 1 euploid XX, 1 mosaic XX.
    Clinic C**** FET Jun 2018 1 euploid XX transferred, BFN What is going on? Repeated no implantation

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by little_quickstepper View Post
    The irony is, I don't think *her* DH gets either end, the legs or the mouth, if you KWIM!!

Sorry, TMI!!
    Ha! I just worked out what you meant, LOL!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting thread, I have 4 boys including a set of twins and am very strongly thinking about HT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12