Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks Claire I`m going to try and do that i`m just avoid at the moment and when I do see her I`m going to try and fake it just hard when it is painful xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many of us have been where you are. After years of Gender Disappointment I would say stay away from Facebook and blogs, etc if you are struggling with GD. People only post the best news on their and its bound to get you down.
    Hugs, you'll get through this. Just remember many of us know where you are and we understand.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks girls for your advice it has helped a ton today least I`m not teary today xx

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wish I had some advice for you.. I don't blame you for shutting yourself away from her. Masive hugs x

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally understand how you feel. When I was pregnant with DS 4 a girl I know vaguely at the boys school was also pregnant with number 4. She is a real big headed type anyway, always has the biggest mouth, bragging about something or other and everyone can hear what she's saying whether you want to or not, so i usually try to avoid her to be honest.

She also has 3 boys similar ages to mine. I stupidly told her when she asked I was having another boy and that I was okay with it but would have liked a girl. She said she wasn't going to find out but wanted another boy as 4 boys would be great.

Anyway, she had her baby a few days before me and when I saw her at the school she was pushing a PINK pram and made a bee line for me, telling me how surprised she was she had a girl and how she was so happy and all the pink dresses she'd been buying. I think she knew all along she was having a girl, what should have been the first happy outing with DS 4 was totally ruined and came home and started crying my eyes out. I literally hated her for being the one who got her daughter and then really pushing my face in it too!

There was another girl at the school also pregnant at the same time as me she had 3 boys also and guess what? She also had a girl. I just wonder why it can't be me for a change.

Keep your chin up, fake it up with your friend and just think, something that really helps me is, yes so she has her daughter so what I want my daughter not hers!

Hugs, I really do know what your going through and it's rotten. Xxx
    Last edited by 5boysandcounting; February 7th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know...see here's how I think of it (I have 4 boys). I've had friends have a girl after 4, 5 boys and if they were all *walking on eggshells* around me, hiding me from posts on FB, downplaying their happiness, fearing they can't say how FUN it is to buy pink...then, uhhhh....I would be MORE insulted personally. It insinuates there is something *wrong* with having all boys.

A PP said to focus on the kids you have..which is true but somehow *hard* to do when you are grieving...I think GD is actually Gender Grief. It is a grief process saying goodbye to a dream/person you wanted but didn't have. Its saying good-bye. BUT when you get through a bit of that grief process you learn that the little faces right in front of you is pretty much the only thing that heals you. Its the grief part that is hard.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    totally agree void But I hope you were not referring to me never wanting be friends with others that have mixed gender or there gd. Of course that would be silly I would be a very lonely person as most of my friends have mixed genders . For me I often have little flare ups we shall say when my friends especailly close friends annouce they are having girls it hits me in the heart most of the time I fake it until I`m ok about it , however on this ocassion I just couldn`t I knew this particular friend would see straight throw me and I did`nt wan`t to become awkard or even make her feel bad. SO I thought best to back off until dusk settles which it has . All I know at certain times a do have to protect myself not just for me but for my boys as it don`t help me or them these flare ups xxx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Harleyquinn, you're so right, it's grieving for what you don't have when everyone else has it and that's staring at you in the face.

You made me remember, when my mum died when I was 12 (over 20 years ago now!), I felt so bad *every* time one of my friends mentioned their mum. It didn't matter what the mention was or whether it was something good or bad. It just mattered to me and upset me inside, that I didn't have my mum anymore and everyone else did. I didn't feel bad for them that they had a mum (well, maybe a really tiny bit), but I was just mainly sad for myself. So yes, you're 100% right, it's a grieving process.

That's why I'm dreading the comments when I have to announce that this one's "another" boy. It's NOT that I'm disappointed in him BECAUSE he's a boy, I just want to have a girl too, without knackering my body and my finances by having numerous children. Then I feel really greedy.
    DS1 (2007)
    DS2&3 twins (2010)
    DS4 "failed" sway (2013) - apple of my eye
    Tried HT for in 2016-18
    Genesis Cycle #1 Aug 2016: 8 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilised, no normal XX, no transfer
    Genesis Cycle #2 Apr 2017: 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilised, 1 normal XX (under 5-probe FISH), BFN
    Genesis Cycle #3 Jul 2017: 12 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilised, 3 normal XX (under 5-probe FISH) of which 2 transferred, BFN
    Genesis FET Oct 2017: 1 XX hatching blast transferred, BFN
    Clinic C**** Cycle #4 Mar 2018 2017: 16 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilised, 8 tested with PGD. 1 euploid XX, 1 mosaic XX.
    Clinic C**** FET Jun 2018 1 euploid XX transferred, BFN What is going on? Repeated no implantation

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    little quickstepper...I lost my sister about a year ago and I realized alot of the things I feel about losing her somewhat related to what others feel when they other people's daughters ect.

There was a time I could NOT go on Facebook at all because so many had a sister, and if they had one they were making statuses about how she was the most awesome sister ever, or like, so mad at their sister or how their sister was coming over to help and it just went on and on and on. I felt, how can they be saying this when they know I lost my sister?? But of course thats silly, because nobody really understands what it is like to lose your sister and I can't begrudge all the sisters in the world, but it makes it no less painful for ME.

So I completely relate when it bothers some women to see other's DDs when their heart aches for one. My heart aches for my sister and it will ALWAYS be hard to see other people leaning on their sister when mine was so cruelly taken away.

Other people will always have sisters, and us moms of all boys will always see daughters everywhere we go. I think its important to grieve and feel all the feelings because otherwise, walking around with a big raw wound of grief will make you bitter and unhappy and really spreading no joy in the world. Nobody says grief is easy so thats the part that majorly sucks is to figure out how to carry on without it eating you up. Its no way to live and unfortunately I have been taught lessons in life that show me that this is my life and only I can choose how to deal with the cards that were dealt me. Comparing myself to others or wanting what they have only takes me backwards and goddamn it I am going to move forward...always. (you have to get mad sometimes )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12