Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always find a lot of cute boy clothes. Like in zara for example or h&m. But for example my dd wears boy clothes sometimes and the boy im pregnant with now will problaly wear pink sometimes too . I think in general we should get better with buying what we like (and what the kids like) than just feel that we have to buy blue because its a boy or pink because its a girl. Dresses are often not even comfortable for Little girls (especially when they start to move around more) Hope you will find clothes that you like!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogz&boyz View Post
    I actually have found myself a bit "disillusioned" when it comes to shopping for girls.

I have always loved buying for my guys. I don't do bugs or dinos or anything sports, those aren't our style (although if my kid liked it, I prolly would). But they have great overalls, little ties, polos, cargo shorts, little button downs (my fav, especially in the spring/summer with rolled sleeves). I have no trouble finding patterns and colors I love. My favorites for my older son are black, yellow, and orange (not together!). My favorite on my younger are deep brown and lime. We do VERY little blue or red. Although aqua and teal are totally our style. We also have pink and salmon. I refuse to limit what colors they wear and have found some great stuff along the way! I just look for the less obvious stuff. Carter's, Gap, Tony Hawk (at Kohls), Old Navy...they all have provided me some gems of clothing for them. And I buy ahead, so I get good clearance deals

But, naturally, when we got a girl, I went nuts in the clothing section. So fun to look at and buy!

But I'll tell ya...little dresses are entirely impractical and the bloomers...arg. They are cut huge or teeny, no in between. Fluffy collars are annoying, toile and flowers are itchy. Pink is all fine and good...occasionally. I just found that I tend to like her best in blue! Lol. It compliments her skin and eyes. It just ended up that I dress her almost exactly the same as my boys...little rompers in cotton with a sun hat. The only clues you would get that she is a girl is the occasional headband (but they often slip down into her eyes, so we don't wear them much). So I admit it "seemed" more fun than it turned out to be. The shopping was fun, but the actual dressing tends to come down to what is comfortable and practical for her, and that ends up being the little colored seperates, all-in-ones, and onesies. They just happen to have different designs.

I am kinda glad to discover I enjoy dressing my boys just as much as I enjoy dressing her. It's pretty equal

I often wondered if baby girls would be able to crawl in dresses and would it be better to wait until they are toddlers.

Isis, have you seen the thread further down the page about clothes Mums have brought for their boys when they wanted a girl. I put up a list of sites plus a very cute photo. Was hoping the thread would have been more used by now with more photos
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and my partners Mum sends us some beautiful boys clothes from Europe including united colours of benetton.

I always had to try not to look in the girl areas of stores when shopping for my new baby boys. The jeolousy consumed me

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2+3boys View Post
    I often wondered if baby girls would be able to crawl in dresses and would it be better to wait until they are toddlers.

Isis, have you seen the thread further down the page about clothes Mums have brought for their boys when they wanted a girl. I put up a list of sites plus a very cute photo. Was hoping the thread would have been more used by now with more photos
    Yeah, we have not even gotten to that point (dd is only 7 weeks old), but I can assure you we won't be doing dresses when she is crawling. How annoying it must be to them! I think dresses are probably better after the first 15 months entirely. Cause picking up a teeny newborn in a dress is silly too. It bunches all up and exposes their entire belly.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never heard of orient express!! Just clicked on the site and I love the clothes!! Thanks atomic!! Check out Kelly kid's for boys! Found this other day. Orient express I'm going to order some clothes!!
    March 17, 2011 Mommy to my handsome son
    May 22, 2014 Mommy to my beautiful daughter

Dreams can come true!!
    Swayed for a girl using Clomid and it worked!

I wanted to thank Atomic & GD for being so supportive & guiding me via emails daily through my sway! I could of not of done it without you Atomic!! I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!! Thank you so much!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Orient Expressed is having a sale right now and they have darling things for boys.

BOYS TOPS
    Oh my gosh, I love this! Thanks Atomic. This is just the kind of clothes I love for little boys. I hoped DS1 would be a boy partly so I could dress him like that.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for the support and for the links to websites! I never heard of those.

I think it will get easy when he gets older. H&M, Zara, crew cuts are our style. I don't even know how to dress him up "sporty" lol but right now he only fits 6-9 months and for boys, there isn't much selection.

Some of the stuff I find are ultra cute on boys but I still do look at the girly stuff and just hope one day I can buy one for my own daughter.
    I my son with all my heart...
    Dreaming of a daughterto call my own.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have brought heaps of unisex clothes for my sons in hope I can use them for a girl one day. Peter Rabbit is good like that

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My problem is that I can't stand unisex/gender neutral clothes =\ ducks, greens, etc. it's weird tho cuz I hate clothes that scream BOY like monsters, trucks, generic sports, etc (but don't mind stereotypical girl stuff like butterflies, glitter, etc)
    I my son with all my heart...
    Dreaming of a daughterto call my own.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladies I got sick of all the pink clothes and impractical dresses I got for DD when she was born. When I got around to buying her clothes I bought greens, yellows, blues and reds for her. And yes DD used to get very frustrated trying to crawl in dresses. But is happy to wear them now.

I imagine that I am going to get fed up of all the blue clothes for DS too after all the gifts.

You can find lots of lovely clothes for both boys and girls these days. But I know I loved to shop for my nephews because it was different for me.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast