Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

boy clothes shopping sucks.

i love my son. i pray the next one is a girl. but for now....

BOY CLOTHES SHOPPING SUCKS especially when you are surrounded by 10xs more cute and frilly girl things. I hate that boy clothes are either "monster" or bugs or trucks or dinosaurs. plaid or stripe? t-shirts. pants. shorts. BORING.

i want to buy pink. flowery. frilly.

oh please, oh please, for our next child... please be a healthy baby girl.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where do you shop? I know it sucks, those stupid superman things. Maybe you can shop online and have more succes than in stores?
    Sitting, waiting, wishing.

our lovely son born in 2013.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is precisely how I feel about the clothes......and it only gets worse the bigger they get! But I have been able to find a few orange items that cheer me up.....the fact that so much is blue for boys at any age drives me mad!!! And the dinosaur and monster crap...well, we won't get me started on that.

I find it is better to buy fewer nice items that I like within budget than more clothes that I don't really care for. My exception is play clothes....the cheaper off FB the better!!

Wishing for pink for you!! And myself in the selfish, I want to shop for ladybug clothes way!!!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it doesn't exactly help but if you are in the UK at all Next has a lovely range this year for little boys - i took my son shopping the other day and we came home with loads
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I could easily write the opposite...I am so sick of pink it isn't funny.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually think its fun shopping for boy #7 that's what helped me with my GD. I love the Carters brand they have very cute boy clothes.
    Mommy to 7 finally had #1 in 2016! Had boy #8 after. Now returning to try to sway for final child praying for #2 🤞🙏

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is fun buying girl clothes, but I think they have a lot of cute things for boys these days. This is like the golden age of kids clothes LOL. I like the surfer and puppy and monkey and guitar styles for boys. But then again I like monsters, tractors, superheroes, etc. they have some awesome Hawaiian shirts for boys.

I just ordered a bunch of clothes for my boys and I had just as much fun doing it as if I had ordered for DD.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Orient Expressed is having a sale right now and they have darling things for boys.

BOYS TOPS
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually have found myself a bit "disillusioned" when it comes to shopping for girls.

I have always loved buying for my guys. I don't do bugs or dinos or anything sports, those aren't our style (although if my kid liked it, I prolly would). But they have great overalls, little ties, polos, cargo shorts, little button downs (my fav, especially in the spring/summer with rolled sleeves). I have no trouble finding patterns and colors I love. My favorites for my older son are black, yellow, and orange (not together!). My favorite on my younger are deep brown and lime. We do VERY little blue or red. Although aqua and teal are totally our style. We also have pink and salmon. I refuse to limit what colors they wear and have found some great stuff along the way! I just look for the less obvious stuff. Carter's, Gap, Tony Hawk (at Kohls), Old Navy...they all have provided me some gems of clothing for them. And I buy ahead, so I get good clearance deals

But, naturally, when we got a girl, I went nuts in the clothing section. So fun to look at and buy!

But I'll tell ya...little dresses are entirely impractical and the bloomers...arg. They are cut huge or teeny, no in between. Fluffy collars are annoying, toile and flowers are itchy. Pink is all fine and good...occasionally. I just found that I tend to like her best in blue! Lol. It compliments her skin and eyes. It just ended up that I dress her almost exactly the same as my boys...little rompers in cotton with a sun hat. The only clues you would get that she is a girl is the occasional headband (but they often slip down into her eyes, so we don't wear them much). So I admit it "seemed" more fun than it turned out to be. The shopping was fun, but the actual dressing tends to come down to what is comfortable and practical for her, and that ends up being the little colored seperates, all-in-ones, and onesies. They just happen to have different designs.

I am kinda glad to discover I enjoy dressing my boys just as much as I enjoy dressing her. It's pretty equal

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You really have to look long and hard for boys clothes that are cute. I love the baby/toddler stuff (for both boys and girls) on threadless.com. They were a lifesaver when I was going through EDG with my son. Baby Gap has some really cute things but they are pricey. Now that he's getting a bit older I love dressing him in polo shirts and khaki shorts in the same colors as DH. It's so cute seeing father and son dressed alike. I wish you luck in trying to find things for your son and hope you feel better. *hugs*
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast