Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DH was in a BGB family, and my SIL loved growing up with two brothers....she always felt protected....she says no guys ever messed with her because they knew her doting brothers would tear them up if they did. My SIL is a very well adjusted woman and is very close with MIL and me, of course....she made tons of girlfriends, more than I did having a sister myself, and I sort of envy how many friends she has. I could be off base here, but seems to me that in my family, and I see this with my girls and many other families with multiple girls, that the sisters tend to hover together, whereas the only DDs go out and become little social butterflies and make tons of good friends. It's kinda win-win to me....either situation is just fine! I don't have any boys (even though I really want one) but I can only imagine that you will raise some amazing young men if you are this conscientious of a mother. But you have a wonderful family and are so lucky to have both genders, so just know that you are blessed! I hope that you feel more at peace every day.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    My DH was in a BGB family, and my SIL loved growing up with two brothers....she always felt protected....she says no guys ever messed with her because they knew her doting brothers would tear them up if they did. My SIL is a very well adjusted woman and is very close with MIL and me, of course....she made tons of girlfriends, more than I did having a sister myself, and I sort of envy how many friends she has. I could be off base here, but seems to me that in my family, and I see this with my girls and many other families with multiple girls, that the sisters tend to hover together, whereas the only DDs go out and become little social butterflies and make tons of good friends. It's kinda win-win to me....either situation is just fine! I don't have any boys (even though I really want one) but I can only imagine that you will raise some amazing young men if you are this conscientious of a mother. But you have a wonderful family and are so lucky to have both genders, so just know that you are blessed! I hope that you feel more at peace every day.
    Thank you so much for those kind words Lola! They mean alot to me. I'm hoping my daughter will be more socail than I am lol. My DS1 is really social and I'd love another little social butterfly.
    I really hope you get your boy (and your daughters get their brother) soon! August is only around 3 mnths away now!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Myloves View Post
    Thank you so much for those kind words Lola! They mean alot to me. I'm hoping my daughter will be more socail than I am lol. My DS1 is really social and I'd love another little social butterfly.
    I really hope you get your boy (and your daughters get their brother) soon! August is only around 3 mnths away now!
    Thanks! Hoping I just get blessed with a healthy baby that makes it at this point. Ruby Mae is the CUTEST name, by the way!!!! I am just so happy for you!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Thanks! Hoping I just get blessed with a healthy baby that makes it at this point. Ruby Mae is the CUTEST name, by the way!!!! I am just so happy for you!
    Aw thankyou - I picked it out because my mother's name was May, and I always had a little vow that I would name my first daughter Ruby. I'm beyond happy that I have Ruby, now if I only I could just clone her...

Whatever baby you do have, I hope you have a happy and cheerful pregnancy.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12