Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trying to move on?

I'm not very good with introductions, but I'll give it shot anyway
    I was Myloves on IG but I changed my name a couple of months ago, then those monkeys brought me here to Gdreaming because I was getting sick of them.
    I had alot of issues resulting from a terrible childhood and men related to me in general which made me scared of the idea of raising a son(s). When I had DS1, I had gender depression, although it was pretty mild compared with the dark days when I was pregnant with DS2 - who is now my sweetheart and the easiest of the two. I didn't bond with either of them at birth properly, but I bonded with DS1 much faster.

I've never had issues with other people having sons of course, or males that aren't related to me. I mean, I look at families that have many boys and think of them as adorable - but for some crazy reason, I just don't think that way about my own family.

I'm also not so worried about my boys being little boys (I think little boys can be so sweet:hearts it's the fact that one day they will be grown men and I can't help but think that I might be failure at raising my boys. What if screw up and they become horrible as teens and continue on to be even worse adult men? What if they end up like my brothers/dad/uncles? I hate thinking this way, I really do - but I can't even help it. I love them with all my heart, and I'm writing this in an attempt to open up and tell you all about my problems so that I can take a step forward and try to overcome them.

Another thing is, I always wanted 2 or three girls. Not just one - so when my DD was born, I was happy and sad at the same time. I was sad that I would never ever have another girl because my husband said he was done. He only ever wanted one or two kids at the most. I was the one who pushed for a third and he agreed with me only because he thought there might have been a chance we had a girl. (He knew how much I wanted a DD). I'd love to hear from other moms who had 2 boys and then a girl - or even familes who have many boys but only one girl. Does you daughter feel lonely? I'm worried that my sons will leave my daughter out of their games/etc. They seem to get along fine with their baby sister for now and I'm hoping it will last.

Thanks for reading my short story. If you didn't decide to stop reading halfwat through that is. :P
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure if you want to hear from me because I have more than one DD, but I am going to try anyway! Here's the thing- your DD doesn't ever have to be lonely- 1. She has YOU! You guys can have a really special relationship- one that I will never know- and it can be whatever the two of you want it to be! Yes, having more than one DD is nice some days, but a pain in the butt others. They fight just like I imagine brothers would but with hair pulling.

2. She will make friends! She will have friends and just because she doesn't have a blood sister, there is no reason she cannot find a soul-sister in life.

3. She has 2 brothers that came before her that she will likely be great pals with! Many people have awesome brother/sister bonds. I have a sister and we get along fine but I talk with my brother more as an adult!

I think as parents, a lot of what we worry about are our issues and have nothing to do with our kids. Our kids are just fine for the most part. We can project our concerns and worries on them, but that's all we are doing is projecting and they are just fine. I am sure your DD will be just fine!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont have a sister, I have an elder brother & i am so close to him even after marriage. Brothers are really sweat & caring. I share every thing with my brother & he is so supportive. trust me having brothers is a nicest thing in the world. Your DD will be very happy with her brothers.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykids View Post
    I dont have a sister, I have an elder brother & i am so close to him even after marriage. Brothers are really sweat & caring. I share every thing with my brother & he is so supportive. trust me having brothers is a nicest thing in the world. Your DD will be very happy with her brothers.
    Thanks so much for answering! My boys are getting along pretty well with their sister atm, and I'm hoping it will last!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was one of three girls, no brothers My sisters and I always wanted a brother. I always wished for a brother then went on to pray for sons since I never had a brother. I think your daughter will be so lucky to have 2 brothers. I always envied my friends with brothers, especially older brothers that would protect them and be the older protective brother. She's very lucky!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 boys and then a little girl also. From time to time I get a little sad knowing that she will never have a sister. I like what NBP wrote, made me feel better.

MS/PGD/IVF OHW

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I am not sure if you want to hear from me because I have more than one DD, but I am going to try anyway! Here's the thing- your DD doesn't ever have to be lonely- 1. She has YOU! You guys can have a really special relationship- one that I will never know- and it can be whatever the two of you want it to be! Yes, having more than one DD is nice some days, but a pain in the butt others. They fight just like I imagine brothers would but with hair pulling.

2. She will make friends! She will have friends and just because she doesn't have a blood sister, there is no reason she cannot find a soul-sister in life.

3. She has 2 brothers that came before her that she will likely be great pals with! Many people have awesome brother/sister bonds. I have a sister and we get along fine but I talk with my brother more as an adult!

I think as parents, a lot of what we worry about are our issues and have nothing to do with our kids. Our kids are just fine for the most part. We can project our concerns and worries on them, but that's all we are doing is projecting and they are just fine. I am sure your DD will be just fine!
    Thanks for replyingh NBP! I'm very glad to hear from someone who has lots of girls actually It's nice to see many people's perspectives.
    '04 '07 '10

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Glittergirl View Post
    I was one of three girls, no brothers My sisters and I always wanted a brother. I always wished for a brother then went on to pray for sons since I never had a brother. I think your daughter will be so lucky to have 2 brothers. I always envied my friends with brothers, especially older brothers that would protect them and be the older protective brother. She's very lucky!
    Thank you for all your replies ladies your making me feel much better:hearts:
    '04 '07 '10

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Thankyou - I really needed to hear that :P
    '04 '07 '10

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Liv View Post
    I have 2 boys and then a little girl also. From time to time I get a little sad knowing that she will never have a sister. I like what NBP wrote, made me feel better.
    Liv, it's great to see another mom who wishes for a sister for her dd at times too! Glad you replied.
    '04 '07 '10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast