Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry My SIL just hit the shit list....

My SIL knows that I would like a girl and knows that we are swaying. I have made 2 dresses for my neice so far. Last weekend I mentioned that if she doesn't put them in a keepsake chest that I may have use for them soon. She looked confused for a second and said "No matter how much you want a girl you are just going to have more boys" "I can see you having 10 boys and still trying for a girl while your boys starve" and it gets so worse... so bad that the Gods are angry...the fires of hell are hotter then ever... my soul is crying...She told my MIL (my BIL is really my MILs step-son, he doesn't treat her like a mom) that she should make a WILL right away leaving her family jewelry and heirlooms to my neice because she will be the only girl. She said it in front of my neice, and it made her ask if she could have the jewelry. My MIL was cool about it because we already have an agreement that my hubby will save them should he have a granddaughter. But the nerve to ask for something that has no family conection or meaning to them.

I am so pissed I could scream I don't need those type of comments right now I am so close to the start of TTC
    Last edited by purplepoet20; June 30th, 2011 at 04:00 PM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She sounds awful. I would have put her in her place!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was about to cry so I left... my MIL said she cried all the way home which was a 5hr drive, she still doesn't know about the talk I had with my SIL.

When she told me she asked if we are going to try for another baby. I told her I will talk to her son and let her know by her birthday in October or Christmas. I hope to be pregnant and know the gender so I can... make a photo telling her what it is. I was going to be nice and just put pink and purple hearts on it but now I want to be mean and make a card that says something like "grandmas only princess". But then that may hurt my hubby's cousins daughter... my MILs sister passed years and years ago and my MIL is nana to her neices two kids, one girl and one boy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What an awful thing to say. I am sorry you had to deal with someone so unkind.

MS/PGD/IVF OHW

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, she sounds like a bitch! I am sorry!! Try to ignore her; she has NO control over what gender your babies are!!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just try to keep positive within your own heart....you can and will have a girl!!! And give that B a piece of your mind next time. How dare she say that to you and upset your MIL also?
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She must be jealous of you in other areas of your life if she would be so happy you do not have what you want. I would avoid her at all cost. I find as I get older I have so much less time for people like her and I cut them out as much as I can. Try to see her only when it is mandatory and when you do see her give her the cold shoulder. Protect yourself. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you will have your daughter.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess maybe her life does suck... Her and her hubby were married for 8 years and were talking about divorce when surprise she got pregnant. Even after years of saying they didn't want kids. They tried to make the relationship work but recent she made her hubby move into the basement apartment. They are trying to stay in the same house for the kid but it would be better if they moved on. They both ignore their daughter and spend very little time with her, which is why I spoil her because I feel so sorry for her. The only reason why they are still legally married is because they can not afford to sell there homes and business because they are in debt. My SIL has made a comment about wanting a son because they are easier then girls.

So over all... I am happily married, no debt at all, a house, two healthy boys, getting ready to expand my family, and my life is great! I never thought of people being jealous of me. I am always the quiet one who feels like the outcast, even in my own family....

Thanks everyone I feel better... I even went and held some of the little girl outfits I have sitting in my closet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG then yes, Angel is right on the money there. Misery loves company, kwim? Ignore her, Purple, and go make you a little lady. Don't forget that stess sways boy!!! You want to be chill and happy and passive, meaning low testosterone. xo
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She's a silly b*tch and she's trying to get your goat. Like Angel said, she's undoubtedly seething because she has such a loser life. I'm sorry you had to hear those hurtful things. Don't let then stress you out too much.
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast