Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

For those of you who went team green and didnt get DG

Just wondering what it was like when you gave birth and realised you didn't have your desired gender? Were you disappointed,extremely upset or quite content just to marvel at your brand new baby and it didn't matter? I guess I'm so scared of what my reaction will be like and really want to be happy on the day. Thank you all xxx

due March 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My third dd wasn't my dg, but when she was born, I forgot about wanting a boy totally, until I was taken to my room and was sharing with a lady and her new born baby boy & then I got sad real quick, but it didn't take me too long to realise just how lucky I was to have such a beautiful healthy baby in my arms & just to see how happy my older two dd's were when they came to visit their baby sister.

Oops sorry didn't read it properly, I wasn't team green though!
    Last edited by 3littleladies; September 23rd, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
    DHME
    DD1-2003 DD2-2005 DD3-2012
    Our family is complete.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks 3 little ladies, your post is still helpful :-) I have just booked my 19 week scan today and I'm so unsure as to what would be best for me. If i find out i risk being down for another 20 weeks if i hear it's a boy. On the other hand i really don't want that deflated feeling or depression at birth, I'm so confused wish it were an easy decision! Both my boys were surprises and i didn't feel gd at their births, it came on a bit later for me. So maybe i have my answer already and stay team green because more than likely i will be totally besotted with another blue bundle!

due March 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dreamingofeden, it is a tough decision because when I found out at my 20wk u/s I was devastated and then couldn't enjoy the rest of my pregnancy, which I totally regret now, but I have forgiven myself because that's how I was feeling at the time.

Yes I think you've given yourself your answer!

Gender disappointment really sux, Im not in that horrible place anymore but my desire for a boy is still very much with me grrrr

I hope this is another girl for you!
    DHME
    Our family is complete.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And i hope you get your little guy hun! I would've loved all girls like you, being one of 3 girls myself growing up i loved it:-) But i think i would've longed for a ds to experience the opposite gender just like yourself xxx

due March 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really want to go team green next time because I have never experienced a surprise at birth and want to know what it is like. Everyone tells me you shouldn't when you have your heart set on a particular gender but I don't see how I could feel sad when I look at my beautiful newborn. To risk it though? I want to enjoy my last pregnancy too and I hated the way I felt after my 16 week scan when I found out both my twins were boys.
    Not so long ago I came across this comment on a thread on a baby site

"THEN, my midwife told me this gorgeous story about one of her clients who wanted to ensure she could bond with her baby, irregardless of the gender. She instructed the midwife to put a nappy on the baby as soon as it was born so that she could cuddle/ love / bf the baby for a few hours before ever knowing the gender. I kept imagining how beautiful it would be to love a child for a few short hours with absolutely no gendered expectations."

I had thought of not looking for a few minutes but I had never thought of this and would love to do it now
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is such a great idea ^!! Wow i wonder how a person could do it, I would just wanna know straight away and unwrap that nappy lol! Having had 2 surprises at birth it really is quite beautiful and special,would highly recommend it if you've never experienced it :-)
    Last edited by dreamingofeden; September 24th, 2013 at 03:37 AM.

due March 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not and would love to know what it feels like. I wanted to know with our first but with the second wanted to have a surprise but when I found out it was twins I wanted to get as organised as possible!
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't blame you i would really want to know gender if i was having twins! A big part of me also wants to find out this time just so i can be organised and sort out rooms etc :-) When were your twins born? My baby boy was born July last year.
    Last edited by dreamingofeden; September 24th, 2013 at 04:36 AM.

due March 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingofeden View Post
    And i hope you get your little guy hun! I would've loved all girls like you, being one of 3 girls myself growing up i loved it:-) But i think i would've longed for a ds to experience the opposite gender just like yourself xxx
    Thanks dreamingofeden but im done, my third dd is our last so I guess its son in laws & hopefully grandsons for me!
    I totally get what you're saying about a great childhood, cause im one of four girls! Yes you probably would want a son if you only had girls, thats my reason why I'd want a son just to experience the opposite gender.
    DHME
    Our family is complete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast