Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Still feeling this stupid disappointment!!

It feels like everyone around me is having a boy and everyone with a daughter is now having a son. I can't get over how "unfair" it is that I'm having my second daughter. I know my husband is still upset about it too but we don't talk about it. Of course we already love this girl and are excited to meet her. It's more about not having a son. Dh isn't so sure about trying again because he's already 43 but I would really like to try one more time. I'm due in 6 weeks and really thought the GD would have worn off by now. Anyone else still struggling with it? I hate the feeling of being disappointed because it's not this baby's fault and like I said we already love her to pieces. I also hear such negative remarks from people regarding any feeling of GD.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my 2 sons are 12 and 8 and i still struggle with it,this is why we are swaying as this will probably be our last.it does seem unfair how almost everyone who we see has b/g or g/b
    just think of the fun times your girls will have together.
    i always think that if the next ones a boy,i may have grandaughters to look forward to.you both need to sit down and talk about wether you would think at all about trying for a boy,maybe explain that you have seen this site and there are things that you can do to conceive a boy and he may change his mind.x

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the term gender disappointment makes people "judge" because we technically aren't disappointed in our kids, we are just disappointed we still don't have the gender we wanted aswell. We love our kids, it's not about that. You know you are going to love your daughter, you are just still struggling with the idea that you aren't going to be having a boy, and I think that is 100% fine.... It's just a shame other people aren't grown up enough to understand that feelings are just that, feelings and we can't control them. It doesnt make us mean or bad parents, all it means is that we didnt get what we wanted and we are upset about it.