Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Had my baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Halah, congrats on your son! I am glad to hear you are in lovey land with him already. I am sorry to hear about your sis....I also totally know how it feels to be anticipating hearing what others are having and hoping they don't get their dg. It is really hard, and totally natural to feel that way. I have had 2 m/c this year, so I almost get a bit jealous when I hear people are pg at all! The only pg friend I have IRL who I want to have her dg is a friend who also struggled for a couple of years to get pg. My weird little heart thinks she deserves her boy (she has a girl and is only having 2). My ex-husband and his new wife are pg now, and of course, due right when I would have been with my last m/c, and I am sure they hope it's a boy. And I'm sure my daughters will tell me in the next few weeks that they are having a boy. I am gearing my heart up for that already. I guess that's why I wanted to reply....just to say I know how you feel and hope you are doing ok. Just know that you are indeed SUPER lucky to have 4 wonderful healthy kids, what a blessing!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you LolainLove. I hope that your ex has a girl, or that you find peace in them having a boy.

And you're right, I'm very blessed. I keep looking at my little guy and I can't imagine him being anything other than who he is. He's a dream. I will have to post a pic sometime soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOVE to see a pic! You are so right, after you have your baby and see him/her grow into the lovely little person they become, you cannot possibly imagine them being someone else. I'll have to post back when I hear the dreaded news, LOL. I am just assuming its a boy so I don't get upset. Thanks!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can understand what you are sort of going through. My SIL which is a snob had twins last October Boy/Girl. My heart sunk to the ground when my husband was talking to her on the phone last July and I heard him say she was having a boy and a girl. We have moved pretty far away, but she is coming to visit this fall and my heart about sunk again this weekend when we got the call they are coming for a week.

Part of the hurt with her is when my husband told her (which I was pissed, that I was a little upset about my 3rd one being a boy right after the ultrasound) she said to him "well at least she can have kids." At the time, she was having a hard time conceiving. After that conversation she knows I have somewhat of an insecurity about not having a daughter and I have this feeling her and her husband will be displaying the girl like a princess (they are just like that). I just don't know if I can handle that for a week. Thank God my kids will be starting school that week. I can at least escape the house for a little while.
    Last edited by Juniebjones; June 29th, 2011 at 04:21 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Halah View Post
    Thank you LolainLove. I hope that your ex has a girl, or that you find peace in them having a boy.

And you're right, I'm very blessed. I keep looking at my little guy and I can't imagine him being anything other than who he is. He's a dream. I will have to post a pic sometime soon.
    I'm sure he absolutely gorgeous!
    You're so lucky to have a family member who is sensitive to you feelings. Are you planning to have any more in the future? Who knows, perhaps you may have daughter to join your four sweet sons .
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Myloves View Post
    I'm sure he absolutely gorgeous!
    You're so lucky to have a family member who is sensitive to you feelings. Are you planning to have any more in the future? Who knows, perhaps you may have daughter to join your four sweet sons .
    Maybe, I haven't given up yet.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe, I haven't given up yet.
    That's great to hear! I love your attitude - stay positive, hunny.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! He's actually my 4th boy. And he really is so precious. As my husband said, she may have gotten a girl but no ones kids are cuter than ours, haha.
    Sounds to me like you have a great husband AND great kids! Hope you're doing better and better with the news as the days pass.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can relate. I have a SIL who had a girl after 2 boys while I have 4 boys. My SIL can be a total snob about it (not saying your sister will be the same) but I have to wonder why my SIL had a girl when she's so snotty and i KNOW if I had a girl and she didn't I wouldn't rub it in her face. I just don't do that kind of stuff. She's always telling me what a special bond her dd has with her dh and that "there's just something about having a daughter" that's so wonderful. Why would she say this stuff to me - a boy mom? I don't get it. On the other hand I have 2 sisters, one who has 2 girls and 3 boys and she would never dream of being snotty about it to me. In fact she tries to say "trust me, if you have girls you're just going to have to spend more money when you go shopping" to perk me up about not having a dd, lol. Anyway, hopefully your sister is sensitive to your feelings and not a total asshat like my SIL is.
    5 Beautiful Boys! ages 1-11

4 early losses
    8/2011
    11/2011
    12/2013
    5/2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BlueLooking4Pink View Post
    I have a SIL who had a girl after 2 boys while I have 4 boys. My SIL can be a total snob about it (not saying your sister will be the same) but I have to wonder why my SIL had a girl when she's so snotty and i KNOW if I had a girl and she didn't I wouldn't rub it in her face. I just don't do that kind of stuff. She's always telling me what a special bond her dd has with her dh and that "there's just something about having a daughter" that's so wonderful. Why would she say this stuff to me - a boy mom? I don't get it.
    I just don't understand why people are so cruel. I am afraid I would have nothing to do with someone like that, family or not. You are very generous to put up with her.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast