Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am having my third girl in July and I really thought this one would be a boy. It hurts a bit more because of a bunch of my girlfriends who have two DD's all had their third recently and they were all boys! I was hoping it would be me along with them but it isnt. Maybe next time.
    2001 2006 2011

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I definately find it harder when you are pregnant and then a friend or an aquaintance you are is also. I drove my crazy on what gender they would have.
    2003 2006 May 2010 (My VBA2C baby)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the feeling!! My sister in law (who my husband & I both cant stand anyway because she is just such a B*tch) is also TTC, they have 1 little girl & they really want a boy, & I know when she gets pregnant, shell get it. She seems like she always gets her way. When I see little boys I think how much fun it would be to have one of my own. I love my daughters more than life itself, but I think a boy would complete us. My oldest wants a baby brother too.
    April 2008, March 2010, December 2012

TTC #4 sometime the middle to end of 2013, we'll be SWAYING & PRAYING God sends us a

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That WHY ME question is so hard to get over....I totally know what you mean. If I have a third girl, and this is my last child, I will struggle very much with that. The only thing that makes me feel better is when I realize that someday it will be fine and I'll be over it, and hopefully I will create ways within our family to celebrate the lot we've been given without feeling any lingering moments of the why me. Keeping you in my prayers, Lilac.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    That WHY ME question is so hard to get over....I totally know what you mean. If I have a third girl, and this is my last child, I will struggle very much with that. The only thing that makes me feel better is when I realize that someday it will be fine and I'll be over it, and hopefully I will create ways within our family to celebrate the lot we've been given without feeling any lingering moments of the why me. Keeping you in my prayers, Lilac.
    Amen to this. A friend of mine today who has a son just found out her current pg is a girl, and I was so jealous I was glad we were texting or I'm SURE my "I'm so happy for you" would have been very hard to get out. Why can't I have one of each?!? I actually am totally OK when my friends have boys as long as they have all boys, I tend to get uber jealous when someone has kids of both genders. But Lola, ITA in that I feel like once I'm out of the TTC/childbearing phase, I think I'll be able to settle in to what we have been blessed with and celebrate it. I don't think I will struggle with this my whole life.

ITA with you, too, TexasMommy - I couldn't possibly love my girls more and wouldn't change their being here for the world ... I've just ALWAYS felt like I would have a son. Always. And I've always felt like I would have 3 kids (in spite of really only wanting 2) so I just have my fingers crossed the 3rd is our son, because I'm definitely not up for 4.

I have to say I'm so glad there are threads and forums like this so we can commiserate and support one another. It's a tough thing to share IRL.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh, I'm with you, I'm SUPER excited over grandchildren...my son thinks I have a screw loose.

In some ways I think it might be more fun to get a granddaughter (or son) instead of have one myself anyway...because grandkids are like all about the fantasy...the shopping, the fun stuff...without the day in-day out downsides that would ruin my dream.
    I like that perspective re: grandkids, Atomic! I'm going to start thinking that way :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's just hard. You want what you want, and we aren't talking which shoes we get for our special evening gown, it's our KIDS, so it stings. And I am also glad that we have this forum because I feel like a giant b$#@h IRL saying anything about hoping this one is a boy. I guess it makes me seem too desperate and vulnerable and ungrateful or something. And I'll feel worse if it isn't a boy and I need somewhere to vent!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    I like that perspective re: grandkids, Atomic! I'm going to start thinking that way :-)
    My mother-in-law was only blessed with one child, she was told it was a girl, but he wasn't. She was the youngest of 3 girls and just thought she would have a girl. She has family heirlooms that belonged to her mother and grandmother and has always wanted someone to pass them on too..... she put a lot of hope into having a granddaughter. I would stop having kids now if my heart wasn't set on having a girl for her. I could hold the heirlooms for my possible granddaughter but it wont have as much meaning from me as it would coming from my mom-in-law.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a lovely reason to shoot for a girl, Purplepoet. I'll give you all the pink dust I can :-)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasMommy View Post
    I know the feeling!! My sister in law (who my husband & I both cant stand anyway because she is just such a B*tch) is also TTC, they have 1 little girl & they really want a boy, & I know when she gets pregnant, shell get it. She seems like she always gets her way. When I see little boys I think how much fun it would be to have one of my own. I love my daughters more than life itself, but I think a boy would complete us. My oldest wants a baby brother too.
    My kids are close in age to your kids... the other day while playing outside James saw the neighbor girl and said "I am a boy and your a girl" "I have a brother do you have a brother" the girl said "I have a sister".... James looked at me and said "can I have a sister"... I cried!!!
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast