Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

12 weeks and guesses boy

So I had my 12 week scan yesterday and everyone has guessed boy, this will be my 3rd boy if it is (pic)

I feel cheated as I had a daughter who was stillborn at 41 weeks. I am still holding out hope this is a girl and zoomed in on the nub which looks like a flat fork with a lump above(pic)

I know I am clutching at straws here and I will get used to the idea but doesn't stop me feeling disappointed. Any advice greatly appreciated. I'll include 12 week of my daughter as a comparison and see what others think xx
    (My daughters)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sorry to hear about your daughter Did you sway this pregnancy? I guess all you can really do is wait until the gender scan to be certain. You never really know until then. I hope this turns out to be your girl!
    18132: @ 8wks

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did abstain for a month with one attempt at plus opk caught first month x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I am sure that makes this so much harder. I can't even imagine what that would do to add to "typical" GD. I'd think it would really add a whole new facet to it.

But I do understand the grasping at straws aspect. I thought I didn't mind what my baby was. But on Thursday we had our NT scan and although baby was pretty wild and uncooperative, I thought I saw a stacked boy nub in one of the still shots on my DVD. And I'll admit, I feel a bit sad about it. Of course, I'm like...oh, baby was moving, it was upside down, maybe it was the cord, etc, etc. But I know this baby is probably a boy because of that shot. (It will also be my third son, although I do have a daughter as well). I think I had expected it to be a girl (we swayed pretty decently and my pregnancy is mimicking my daughters to the letter, and is very different from my boys). So it's a readjustment of expectations. As I imagine you are also struggling with at this point.

I wish I could tell you differently, but the nub does look boyish to me as well. It is "stacked" (much like what I saw) and that does tend to point toward boy. Although I have seen stranger things happen and boyish nubs turn proven into girls. And vice versa. I hope it's the case for you.

But I'm sorry you didn't get the girly nub you desired. It certainly doesn't mean that baby is for sure a boy though.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all coming to terms with it, if I get told girl at 20 weeks I'll be shocked, if boy I know I'll cry but my main focus is walking out of the hospital with a baby. Thank you for the honesty least I've now 8 weeks longer to get used to the idea of a houseful of boys x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbekki View Post
    Thank you all coming to terms with it, if I get told girl at 20 weeks I'll be shocked, if boy I know I'll cry but my main focus is walking out of the hospital with a baby. Thank you for the honesty least I've now 8 weeks longer to get used to the idea of a houseful of boys x
    I am sure after all you have been through a healthy baby trumps all. But be kind to yourself and if it is a boy, let yourself grieve.
    Big hugs to you, honey, my heart aches for the loss of your daughter.
    Will this be your last child?

My Gender Dreaming

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He wants it to be the last but hope maybe can convince him otherwise, I don't want to go on to have 3 plus more children all boys just for the sake of wanting a girl. I will love all my children no matter what sex but obviously it would be nice to have what I should. If I never had my daughter maybe I wouldn't feel the need to have one. X

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to let you know I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter. I'm very sorry. And about the 12 week scan, I'm in the same boat as you. This is our first baby but I don't think we'd be able to afford anymore. I've been so depressed yesterday and today. Just know that you are not alone. let's hope your hubby will try again... let's hope we both can try to deal with all this, and have a happy and healthy 9 months. If you need someone to talk to just send me a message. I have no one to talk to except my hubby. It would be nice to chat with someone.
    [CENTER]
    Confirmed GIRL at 16w 3d!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much hunni, I do hope maybe we are wrong, a few have questioned the nub being a nub but if not then I'll have 3 beautiful boys and 1 beautiful angel. Had a reading about her and it was amazing after blaming myself for the last 2 years in her passing away I was told she said it had to happen and nothing I did caused her to be born sleeping, also I will have a girl very soon. I told her I doubt this pregnancy and she just turned round and said my daughter loves me and I will have a daughter. Only time will tell. And I don't know how to message on here Hun will have to let me know x

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbekki View Post
    So I had my 12 week scan yesterday and everyone has guessed boy, this will be my 3rd boy if it is (pic)

I feel cheated as I had a daughter who was stillborn at 41 weeks. I am still holding out hope this is a girl and zoomed in on the nub which looks like a flat fork with a lump above(pic)

I know I am clutching at straws here and I will get used to the idea but doesn't stop me feeling disappointed. Any advice greatly appreciated. I'll include 12 week of my daughter as a comparison and see what others think xx
    (My daughters)

I know exactly what you're feeling. Our youngest boy is 10 months old and we had hoped third time would be the charm but it wasn't. Now I am pregnant with number four and it's our final attempt for a girl and so far all guesses have also been a boy. It's very disappointing when you hear the wrong gender especially if this is your last. I hope that all guesses are wrong and you end up with the little girl you want. However if you do end up with a third boy I can tell you it is so much fun to have three boys and while you will grieve a little the moment you hold him you'll fall in love and forget everything else. Good luck, truly.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast