Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Would you find out?

I am trying to follow the HE diet but I am so worried it won't work.

I haven't spoken to DH because he didn't understand why I was so upset after our DD's 22 week ultrasound.

This is our last baby and I am honestly not sure how well I would cope if we had a scan that revealed girl.

Even before we conceive I am trying to work out if I find out on my own first, or perhaps suggest we don't find out till the birth.

Has anyone else done something similar?

1 last baby to join our family.
    Hoping and trying for

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/57da58

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure what to say, but I just wanted to say how refreshing it is to hear someone wanting a boy so badly. I had another "ohwell at least he's healthy" comment today and I replied and said "I actually want him you know?"....

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have three boys and am already thinking the same things. I think it will be hard, but I know I will love the lil one, either way. I am going to the gender scan on my own. I am going to make sure she knows I DO NOT want to know the gender there in the room. She can either write it down or type it up in one of the pictures. I want to be able to see it on my own, in my own time and be able to react accordingly. I hope that you get your dream gender...good luck to you!!!
    18132: @ 8wks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg peebell!!! How rude. He is gonna be An amazing part of your Fam.

I think team green would be best.
    So you can enjoy the new life inside you.
    I had those feelings and wanted to stay team green but caved.
    But we heard our DG.
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am still trying to conceive #4; But I am already thinking about the u/s and wondering if I want to know... I have 3B's so I have a chance at having another. So I am setting myself up for that. I am going to have a potty shot printed and put away in the sock drawer, just in case I have one of moments when I have to know. I am going to sort all my boy clothing and pick a boys name. If I end up with a girl then that would be exciting but if I a ready for another boy then I wont be super sad but just a little since this is our last.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I plan on going to the scan myself without my hubby. I want to know so I can be prepared either way if we get what we want or if we do not. I will be extremely happy with a healthy baby but we are praying for a boy. Honestly my hubby will need time to cope if it is another girl.
    2006, 2007, 2010, 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I stayed team green for my second pregnancy because I had one boy and knew deep down my 2nd was a boy, we was so unfortunate to lose out baby at 41 weeks who turned out to be my gender desire, I sometimes wish I had found out and would have bonded with my DAUGHTER rather then baby in my tummy so to speak. I've gone on to have another baby boy and now pregnant with my fourth and so convinced it's boy no3, will find out in 4 weeks xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in your shoes, but reversed. I have two boys first, then a girl, and we swayed girl for #4. We are staying team green, but I wanted a "clue," so we got a nub shot and I am pretty glad it shows I stand a higher chance for blue (an opposite). I feel it is giving me the opportunity to accept my third son and love him as he is, while still keeping that tiny bit of hope that it might be a girl after all. I don't know if it would be bad if my scan had showed a higher likelihood for pink, because then I might have needed to find out so I didn't get my hopes too high. I think, for me, the process of bonding with a potential opposite is an important one and I am glad I am getting to do it in pregnancy if it stands a likelihood to come to pass.

I do think that finding out gently and privately is a good option. If you really think you want prep time, I'd go that route.

I'm not as "disappointed" as I tbought I might be. Sure, it's not a certain thing, but I am really not feeling like I was sad over another boy or like I am missing something by not having another girl. I feel really lucky to be in the place where I do already have one of each and I remind myself that it is more than a lot of people get. I will say that if we go for #5, we will sway girl again if this is a boy. But I do feel like I am at peace with the route my family is taking. I did my best to sway and whoever we have is meant for us. I hope you feel the same when your time comes.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a friend who found out with her second boy and it totally ruined her pregnancy she is now pregnant again and won't be finding out as she said when baby is in your arms the love you have takes over were as when she didn't know she felt sad and to a point where she didn't even want baby!!! I have a son and a baby girl I did find out and glad but I guess because I had my desired gender. I'd say if you want boy/girl soooo bad it's all you think about and your be sad if its not then don't find out.good luck xx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are ttc, but plan to stay team green. I am going into this expecting to have my fourth the same gender. DH in particular is not too keen on swaying and thinks we'll get what we're meant to have regardless.

I found out for two of the three and while team green with #2 felt frustrating at times, once that baby was in my arms, it just didn't matter. I had planned to stay team green with 1 and 3, too, but the doctor accidentally ruined it for #1 and DH caught me at a weak moment with #3. I still wish I'd stayed team green with 3, because I had been so hopeful and GD made it very hard to bond during the pregnancy. At the moment they placed the baby in my arms, I remember how surreal it was, because as silly as it sounds when you've carried before, I don't think I quite realized there was a baby at the end. If I change my mind about team green, I like the idea to find out in private.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast