Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

12week NT tomorrow, I am crumbling!

I need a little advice please....!

As the title says, I have my NT scan tomorrow, I will be 12w1day.

With my DS they told me he was a "he" on my NT at 12w0d (she said she was 80/90%sure). But of course I doubted it and looked at a million nubs online until months after it was pretty much undeniable he was a he. Anyway, I am thinking this time round it would be wiser to ask her for a nub sideways shot (hoping she knows what I am on about) post it here, and then it's all a bit slower and maybe easier to,process? Rather than her tell me? Is 12w1d too soon anyway?

The thing is, I have convinced myself this is another boy. I am feeling sad already. This is my last baby and I want a daughter so, so bad. I am nervous, sad...and not very hopeful at all.
    Did you have those negative feelings before your scans and were you right?
    Sorry about my doom and gloom!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was certain mine was another boy. Pregnancy symptoms the same as all my other pregnancies. When I posted my NT scan nubshot almost every guess I received was boy (to be fair, it was early and not a good shot).
    Imagine my extreme surprise when I went in for the anatomy scan and heard girl.

Personally, I think that 12w1d is too early for accuracy. Mine was at 12w3d (measuring larger), which I also think was too early for accuracy (but I didn't get to schedule my appointment, it was a referral and scheduled for me).

Good luck and take care of yourself.
    Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Angie

Congrats on your daughter, you must be super excited! Did you sway?

I only swayed one month and got pregnant the first month TTC!

I have had different symptoms this time round, feeling way worse, but after reading tons of forum entries I learnt I shouldn't read too much into it as it can mean nothing.

I feel so negative at the mo the last few years have been quite hard and we haven't had much luck, so I have learnt to not expect much.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your plan is my plan. I can't bear another u/s where I hear "its a girl" from a stranger. Even if its a boy, I will cry undoubtedly.
    I am going to pay for a scan at 13 weeks and have the ladies on here guess. They say 13 weeks is ideal.
    Good luck...if you get a shot at 12 weeks just know it could be too soon.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What you are asking for is a nice clear profile shot if they can get it
    My NT scan was 12wks1day I think and got mostly girl guesses and she is a she
    13 weeks is best but a good shot at 12+ can be good for guesses just bearing in mind it is still early.
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Adia, good to know I am not the only one with the plan I just think it's easier this way... Good luck to you!

True blue, thanks
    Last scan I was measuring 2/3 days ahead.
    But when I ask her to include the nub,will she know what I am on about?

I am so nervous I might see or hear something I don't wanna know about, I know it's stupid and I am in denial....argh!
    Last edited by CattyPad; December 1st, 2014 at 03:46 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been/am in a similar situation as you. I have one boy and am 19 weeks with my second and I too am desperate for a girl as this is more than likely my last. I had my nt scan at 13 weeks exactly and managed to get a perfect side shot including nub, the sonographer didn't comment on sex and I didn't ask, think I was too scared to ask. I posted my scan pic on here aswell as another site and have gotten pretty much all boy guesses, apparently it's a perfect nub shot and is classic boy. Needless to say I was gutted, I still am tbh. My anatomy scan is next Friday so it will be confirmed then but I am expecting to hear boy, I'm dreading it which makes me feel terrible as it should be such an exciting happy moment.
    So unfortunately I can't tell you yet whether I'm right or not but I totally understand how you're feeling. It's such a complicated, confusing set of emotions and it's so much harder when all your friends and family have to say is 'you'll get what you get' or 'just be happy to have a healthy baby', even my husband doesn't completely understand but he does try. All that has helped me is people on here and reading other people's stories, just knowing someone else feels the same way goes far.
    Good luck for tomorrow, I wish a very girlie nub upon you.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did sway. Took 3 months to conceive and started the diet 2-3 weeks before our first attempt. We did not request a nub shot....I just hoped to get one. Yes, we are thrilled and slightly worried she may grow a penis before we meet her, haha.
    Good luck on your scan try to breath, relax and enjoy seeing your newest little miracle.
    Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    13 weeks is best for a nub guess. 12 weeks is pretty sure if the nub is boyish, but I'm never confident in a girlie nub guess until 13 weeks, as it could still rise. For potty shots, I like 18-22 weeks, although lots of people get accurate gender confirmation at 16 weeks. This is just what the ultrasound techs on IG always say.

Good luck, and I sincerely hope everyone gets their DG!
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014