Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How Do I Get Over This?

After finding out that I'm having my 3rd boy I was disappointed, but ok. I then got to a really good place. Now that I found out my best friend and cousins are having girls after I stayed so hard and then having boy friendly lifestyles I'm not doing well. I don't know if we will try again or not, but I don't ever see high tech as an option due to cost so I'm feeling like I will never have closure. I'm so tired of this whole thing weighing over my head all the time.

How do I get over this horrible feeling! I feel so bad for this poor little guy growing inside me that his mom is feeling this way about him. I also hate that I want to avoid my cousin and friend forever.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how we get over it but I know that we do
    I think our little opposites fill our hearts with so much joy that we look at them and know with all our being we could never change this little person who we love so much and who to them, we are their whole world

I found it hard watching family and friends having my DG, so easily it seems, and wondered why? Why not me? I tried hard, put in so much time but when I look at DD I'm glad things turned out as they have.

I am trying one more time, one more time than I ever wanted to or imagined - it may not work and I find that scary. Three family members are expecting, two are TTC and two friends have had my DG recently.
    I find that harder than I ever found having my beautiful little opposite if that makes any sense?
    Im scared they will go on to have our DG and us another DD who we will love so much but sad to let go of the hopes and dreams.
    Having been there and done that though I know it can be done. Time & the love for our beautiful babies heal so much.
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

3. Likes Foxcubblue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honey I cried for days when we found out about ds3. In the end I realized I was crying more about the fact that I felt so guilty about my disappointment than I did about the news, if that makes sense? It takes time. In the end it's this little man that you've been loving all these months (and more) and you will be so stoked long before he comes.... Cut yourself some slack; you're allowed to be a little heartbroken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

5. Likes XXforhubby, hopper, True Blue, Adia liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My GD with DS3 was the absolute worst. I was in a dark dark place for a few days and it took me a few weeks to months to get to a good place. In the beginning I would get so annoyed that he was moving around inside me, I wished he would stop as not to remind me that he was in there. I just wanted to escape, but felt trapped in my own body with a baby I didn't want. After a while I just tried to close my feelings off from everyone getting my DG, to just think of my own child, not theirs. Well fast forward and DS3 is 2 and he is the happiest little child who gives hugs and kisses to the whole family. My bond with him is so strong. Now I feel guilty towards him that he soon no longer will be my baby, as me and him are attached at the hip Now I can't imagine feeling so bad during the pregnancy. So this too will pass, but be kind to yourself in the mean while!

7. Likes Burakoam, Adia, japes liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cried for ages whn i found out about girl no3, trust me it will go once you hold that ltl guy in your arms, there's a reason he's meant to be here. I no longer feel GD but i think the desire for a boy will always be around, i just hope one of my daughters can give me a grandson.
    DHME
    DD1-2003 DD2-2005 DD3-2012
    Our family is complete.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to update. My baby boy is 6 weeks old now. I love him so much, he is my everything. He's such a happy baby, and so loving. I couldn't imagine my life without him!! I get teary sometimes that I had these feelings about him. I wouldn't trade him for a million girls. My desire for a girl is still there, although I don't know if we will ever try again. But I do know how much I love my boys.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations welcome to your baby boy
    Enjoy every gorgeous minute!!

If you do decide in the future to try again I'm sending you tons and tons of pink dust xx
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your son!