Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

what if I feel disappointed at the birth?

38+1 so my team yellow baby is due any time now... and I feel so scared that if it's another boy I'll feel disappointment
    I really think it's a boy, but that shred of hope has been tormenting me all this time.

This is my last chance to ever have a daughter and didn't even get to sway again this time :'(

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh hun, i can't say that you won't feel a little disappointment, but even if you do, it won't be for too long and when you have him in your arms you will feel amazing about the little life you have created. I was team yellow with my second son, and in all honesty, I was disappointed when they said 'boy'. It even took me a little while to bond with him too, but now he is a beautiful little 5 year old, and those feeling are a distant memory. I did find out with DS3 though, as for me personally, I needed to know, but I take my hat off for keeping the surprise. Good luck to you for your impending birth, and I am sure you will be in awe of you new baby, whoever they are. xx
    DW 36
    DH 38

2008 2010 2012
    Our HRC HT OHW was born April 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs hun. You can't know how you will feel if it's another boy but you know that after all is said and done you will love him beyond measure. We were team green for my first DS, had myself convinced he was a girl. Had clothes bought and all, full sure my "mother's instinct" was right. I didn't feel disappointed at the birth, more like shock and once that wore off I was able to begin to bond. It took about 2-3 months all told to really bond but I loved him from day one. His birth was a wonderful experience but I do feel a little sad looking back at my reaction and how removed from everything I was. Maybe some of that was the shock of having my first child too, who knows. All I know is that now 3.5 years later I absolutely idolize my firstborn son. He is the most sweet and gentle child and honestly is my very best friend! The feelings, be they good or bad, will pass and become a distant memory. Sending you lots of positive vibes and I hope labour goes well for you x
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hats off to you being team green! I was very disappointed when I heard DS3 from my anatomy scan, I needed to know beforehand in order to avoid birth-disappointment. You know yourself best, so if you think you can handle hearing boy at birth, more power to you. In the end you will find out some time, you just choose when. I hope you get a girl, or otherwise peace and love if it's a boy.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You might feel disappointed but that probably won't be all you feel. I knew the sex and still felt a little disappointed that it wasn't (SURPRISE) really a girl. I also felt that my new son was perfect and beautiful. You might have some complicated emotions but you can still love, appreciate, and bond with your child.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I knew my second was a boy following the scan at 20w and dealt with the feelings then, but when he arrived my first thoughts were just how beautiful he was and how lucky I was to be holding a teeny newborn again. I was so relieved to hold him in my arms that it honestly didnt matter what was between his legs. I truly hope that you are ok whether you have a baby boy or girl but whatever you feel there's always here to talk it through, good luck xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thought I'd just update - I gave birth to my 3rd baby boy last Saturday. The birth itself was traumatic, and was more upset about that than anything else. When I saw it was another boy, I wasn't disappointed at all (and wasn't surprised either!). He is so scrummy and I'm very happy to have him. I'll always be sad I never got a girl out of 3 chanves, but it's not something I'm dwelling on at the moment

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry the birth was traumatic, but I'm glad you two are doing well!! Congratulations on your third little man! I too will be having ours in Nov/Dec .