Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...Boy #3...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you end up going to the Birthday party? How did it go? I can't even imagine!

Try and keep your eyes on your own family and fake it till you make it. That was my motto xx
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

2. Thanks belter thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks "covered in blue" . I did go, the boys had a ball. I just kept my sunnies on & kept blinking the tears away while I watched all the little girls around me. It was hard! Then my good friend arrived (the one expecting a girl after 2 boys) & she mentioned we must get together more once our oldest boys go off to school soon & it nearly sent me over the edge as she will have her baby girl in March & I won't ever have one! I'm trying really hard to focus on the boys & hubby but it's incredibly hard.

I do appreciate all the kind words here...
    + +... & hoping for

4. Likes covered in blue liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have four little boys. The last two I swayed for. Not a perfect sway but a good shot at it. I will say that now I have four the tide has somewhat turned. Everyone stops to comment on my boys in a good way because they are all super cute and look very alike, they are like a little team and best friends.

I decided I didn't want to risk another failed sway, not so much for having a boy but more the GD and feelings it brings, so we are trying to go high tech this year for a little girl. If it doesn't work, and we have limited funds on that front, I'd rather have a fifth boy than no more babies and will just accept that I'll probably not have a daughter.

I will say that my GD is a million times better now I have separated myself from social media. I get pangs but it is really pangs. When I'm around my family on a day to day basis I am never anything but totally all-consumed with how happy my boys make me. They are the most delightful creatures in the entire universe and I wouldn't swap any for a girl, because then they wouldn't be them and they are just perfect.

When I think I wanted all but my ds1 to be a girl it's quite funny. If I could have chosen as a child id always have wanted lots of boys and maybe one/two girls. For me my GD is very much about wanting a daughter and not personal to my sons.

I had the worst GD with ds3 (with ds4 think I just assumed it would be a boy anyway) and it did totally disappear when he was born. I was on a ward with lots of girls who had birthed girls and I showing him off proud as punch. I didn't buy much when I found out I was expecting a boy but I went mad shopping when he arrived. I gave him an awesome name and everyone thinks he is wonderful :-)

Take time to grieve and make a plan (high tech/future sway) if it helps. When he is here it will all be different :-)

6. Thanks belter thanked for this post
    Likes Dreamsister liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found out about 8 weeks ago that I am having boy #3 and spent the next few days (if not weeks) in tears and feeling like I was mourning the loss of having a daughter. It hit me in my stomach whenever I remembered it was a boy and the guilt I felt (and still feel) about those emotions were immense! Someone explained it well though in that I was not upset or disappointed I was having a boy just incredibly sad I wont be having a girl.

My boys are my world and I love being a mum of boys. I think it was just the shock for me as truly felt this pregnancy was different in every way and went into the scan fully believing I was going to hear girl.

I am still devastated about potentially being daughter less but my husband is being amazing. He doesn't want a fourth but says he is open to discussions with me if I still feel the same after this boy is born. I think I will but we will see.

All I want to say is that time is making it easier. I am now super excited about meeting this little man and seeing the bond grow between him and his older brothers. Boys are adorable and my current two are such mummys boys!!

Hope you start to feel better soon and congratulations on your gorgeous son xx

8. Likes Blueplease, belter liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12