Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...Boy #3...

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

...Boy #3...

As I write this post I have tears ********* down my face. We had our 20 week scan this morning & it was confirmed boy # 3. I'm so sad... The dream of a little girl has gone as 3 kids is our limit (age, finances, etc). I know I'm probably being selfish & self-centered but I'm just sad that we won't ever be having a girl. And to make it worse a good friend is due with a girl (after 2 boys) in March - they weren't even trying for one! Plus another good friend is pregnant with a condemn-fail baby & I just know it will be a girl. My boys are absolutely gorgeous & I cannot imagine life without them but I'm just so sad... Hubby is being great, even offering that I can have some counseling to help cope as he knows how much I wanted a girl. I'm not sure where to next...
    + +... & hoping for

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Hun I'm so sorry I think it's totally fine to morn the loss and dream of never having a daughter.

It's going to be hard for awhile and maybe counselling is a good option. I know when you meet your little man he will steal your heart.

Focus on him how innocent and pure he is, think of a name for him and try to connect with him, in your own time.

I have thought about this situation many times as I have 2 boys trying for our third (taking ages). I know my biggest issue will be everyone else's disappointment, my pet hate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry you are feeling so down. I could have written every word of that about 3 years ago! It brings back a lot of memories! Give your self some time and be kind to yourself! It's ok to feel how you do. I think I cried every day for a month, but eventually I did come around to welcoming another little boy. And he was/is just so lovely! He has a very special little place in our hearts (that's him in my profile pic if you can see it). He was such a tiny wee little thing (6lb 0oz) at 41 weeks born and anyone would be hard pressed to get a cuddle lol. I kept everything really gender neutral for him and bought a whole lot of new things which I think helped a bit. I just couldn't face using the same clothes again.
    I just love watching him play with his brothers now and so glad that they all have each other xx

It's been terribly hard watching other people get what I wanted so effortlessly though. My brother and SIL had a little boy at the same time and got their PP that they wanted so was very hard to see everyone so happy for them and they go so many lovely comments while we got the "oh another boy!" "That's enough now!" kind.

We changed a few things (moved closer to family, cheaper house, new job) and decided to try again with a sway and have a little girl due in a couple of months. It's very exciting and my GD is slowly melting away but I will never forget how I felt.

Anyway I'm not sure I can say anything that will help at all but giving you big virtual hugs and hoping that you feel better soon xx
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

4. Likes belter, sunnygirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs! I just found out a couple weeks ago that we have boy # 3 on the way. It was very hard to take in at first. We have named him and started shopping for him. It's getting easier.

Covered in blue do you have your sway posted?
    2009 2011 7/2016

Due in October with our baby girl!

6. Thanks belter thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

...Boy #3...

I am sorry you feel this. It is a process. I also had boy #3 (no swaying) five years ago and had a slight GD. He turned out to become a huge blessing in our lifes and is a truly beloved and very spoiled littlebrother . My 3 sons have so much fun together and I would NEVER ever trade them for any girl. Being a all boy mum is so much fun and having 3 of the same gender is so cool and great. So don't worry. Time is your friend and you will be happy and feel gratefull again I am sure. Take care. Love and hugs.

3 beautiful & now pregnant with a baby girl due June 2017

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

8. Thanks belter thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This was me 3 years ago. It was also supposed to be my last baby, I was absolutely heartbroken, crushed, devastated, I just cried and cried. It took me a few weeks to come back to myself again, but the first 3 days were the absolute worst. After a while I just put on a brave face and faced the world with a smile, and announced how pleased we were to have another boy. When he arrived I fell in love with him immediately. And now, he's almost 3 and he's the most wonderful child, all he wants to do is cuddle and be happy, he is our little ray of sunshine. He just fits into the family, it's so natural and easy when he's the same gender as his older siblings. But I never imagined at the time that I could ever be happy with 3 boys. I was beyond crushed.

Give yourself time, and don't feel guilty. You will fall in love with him, even though right now you are just sad. Allow yourself to grieve, it's a loss of a dream.

As for us, my DH suggested going HT for a 4th. We never got that far as this one just made her appearance all by herself. I'm also in my late 30s but I really did want to do HT for a girl despite my age, 3 times was my limit. But I can understand that IVF at 40 is not easy.

Hugs to you mama

10. Thanks belter thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies. I'm trying to put on a brave face but I'm struggling so much on the inside. All I can hear in my head is "I don't want another boy!". I know I'm blessed to be able to have kids at all but I'm devastated it's not a girl. When they confirmed boy I physically shut down until we were finished. I'm struggling to keep it together. Hubby wants to think of names but honestly I can't. I'm not one bit excited. And I feel so guilty feeling this way about this bub - it's not his fault.
    + +... & hoping for

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

...Boy #3...

Give yourself time. It is not the end of the world and you will get over it - trust me. Fuck gender. It is not important and not what matters. Think about the special little personality who is growing inside and will become a blessing to all of you. Being a boy mum is so very special and having 3 of a kind is going to be so much fun. Relax and try to focus on something else. I wish you all the power.

Last edited by Dreamsister; January 22nd, 2016 at 04:16 PM.

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

13. Thanks belter thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

...Boy #3...

I think maybe swaying is getting ones hopes up because you put a lot of effort and attention into it, so when you don't get your DG you become maybe more sad than if you haven't done anything.

15. Thanks belter thanked for this post
    Likes sunnygirl liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. It just sucks! Loads of women get their little girl without even blinking, so frustrating! I know once he arrives it will be OK but right now I'm sad & don't want this bub . Loads of people have always commented on how gorgeous my boys are so I know I'm blessed. I feel this bub kick & it just makes me cry. And know people would judge & say I don't even deserve a bub with me feeling like this.

I have a friend's little girl's birthday party today & I don't know how I'm going to keep it together... It's a tutu & fairy party! Something I'll never ever do!

Thank goodness for forums like this -- I don't think I could ever tell my friends & family or even hubby how I'm truly feeling. So thank you for letting me just be me...
    + +... & hoping for

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast