Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Still feeling GD...... :-/

Im currently pregnant with my 3rd child. I have a DD that is 3 1/2, Another DD that is 18mo, & am expecting another DD due in December.

When I got pregnant with DD1 I didnt care about the gender, just couldnt wait either way....then I got pregnant with DD2 & I really wanted a boy (as did my DH), we found out it was another girl & I was a bit bummed right at first but quickly got over it...then when I got pregnant for the 3rd time I wanted a boy SOO badly. I got a BFP in April & had to wait til July to find out the sex. Everyone around me was telling me I was having a boy..my MIL even bought boy items (clothes, blankets)...then the day of the ultrasound came around & we found out it was DD3. I was so bummed. After the u/s I went out to the car with DH & cried. He told me it was okay & atleast she was healthy. I agreed, healthy is all we can really ask for, but I was so sure I would finally have my son. The day after the u/s I cried all day long. Then I looked at DD2 & remembed how badly I wanted her to be a boy & now I couldnt imagine life without her. That made me feel better because I knew I would feel the same about DD3.

I found out the gender at 18wks, I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow..I would have really thought my GD would be gone by now (granted it has gotten better since initially finding out the sex) but its still not gone. I still find myself looking at baby boy clothes, & having a tad bit of jealousy when I hear of someone else I know finding out they are having a boy.

Finding a name for our newest DD has also been a nightmare...I find it hard to attach to any name. We have changed the name SO many times since we found out. The day after we found out the sex we decided to name her Karson. Then I decided that wasnt it. We ended up changing it to Kameryn. (DD1 is Kaylee & DD2 is Kennedy, so we are looking for another K name) then that wasnt it either...and Ive changed it multiple times because I always feel like that isnt the IT name. But I think Im just having a hard time attaching to another girl name.

I feel like a horrible mother, Im excited about my baby girl, I cant wait to meet her..I just feel bad that im still having boy thoughts & am having so much trouble "attaching" to a name for her. I just want to feel better about the situation...DH & I plan to have One more child in the future...so I'll have one last & final shot at a son. We'll see what happens in the future.

Any advice from anyone that has ever felt this way?
    April 2008, March 2010, December 2012

TTC #4 sometime the middle to end of 2013, we'll be SWAYING & PRAYING God sends us a

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there...your feelings are totally normal, and I am sure with time you will get over them. Perhaps they will fly out the window the minute you see your new little baby. I was right there with you, just a month ahead before I lost mine, and I was sure I'd feel the same way. I don't know if this will help or just be annoying, but putting things into perspective really helps me get over not being able to get pg now. I thought it would be no problem having had 2 healthy kids already, but we are having issues, and at my point now, I would do anything for a healthy baby girl! It just helps me to look at everyone I know who has also lost babies and those who can't conceive and know I'm not alone and my situation isn't the worst in the world. I do have 2 amazing kids and am so blessed that they are smart and healthy. Anyway, I know you probably get sick of thinking about how you should be happy to have a healthy baby, but it's hard when you really wanted one particular gender. Just try to think about all of the wonderful things about the situation and concentrate on that. I hope you feel better soon! And hey, you get another chance, which is really awesome of your DH to be cool with! HUGS xxoo
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I went through the same thing with my 3 girls. Each time, I had hoped for a boy. All I can tell you is that it does get better. They are all different. They all have their own personalities. The other day, DD3 came and got in bed with me and she started rubbing her feet together under the sheet. I laid there and smiled knowing that I TOO do that and everyday I see a piece of me in her. She is a little piece of me, as our my other kids, walking around this earth and that is special. I think it takes time to get to know our little ones, fall madly in love with them and to get to the place that you cannot imagine your life without them in it. It doesn't mean that there isn't still a space where there is still longing but there is something special about groups of 3.

I'm so sorry that you are feeling down. I still remember that time. It's hard but you will be okay.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    She is a little piece of me, as our my other kids, walking around this earth and that is special. I think it takes time to get to know our little ones, fall madly in love with them and to get to the place that you cannot imagine your life without them in it. It doesn't mean that there isn't still a space where there is still longing but there is something special about groups of 3.
    I think NBP puts it all so well. And I really do agree with Lola too, it will start to get better (though probably not be gone) once she is here, and you hold her ... I know that for me, once DD2 hit about 1 and I could start to see her personality really coming through, and start to see her and DD1 and their bond ... it became so much easier. And now, of course, like you said TexasMommy - I can't imagine her any other way and am so glad she is exactly who she is. You'll get there. Give yourself some grace, because how you're feeling is real, and you can't expect to just "think" it away.

Re: the naming, with DD2 I had the same issue. We picked a short list of 3 and when she was born I just had DH pick one. I never really could get there. But I love her name and think it fits her perfectly now So perhaps get several options, take them with you, and work with that once she arrives.

Hugs Mama! Know you can post here anytime you need support! AND that is fab that y'all will have a 4th! I think a family of 4 kiddos would be amazing. FX you get your blue caboose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You ARE NOT a horrible mother!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Ladies!!! It means so much & helps a lot to know that Im not alone in feeling this way. I know when I was growing up I always pictured how my life would be when I was married & how many children I would have. I always wanted 4 kids; 2 boys & 2 girls. I guess society sticks it to us as to what the "typical" family should be & that is generally one that has a boy & a girl. All of your words have made me feel so much better though, truly. I dont feel like Im this horrible mother anymore...because I do love my kids more than life itself. DD1 & 2 are my life & as much as I wanted DD2 to be a boy Im thankful now that I have her that she wasnt, because I couldnt imagine going one day of my life not knowing her. She has brought such joy to my life already just in the 18 months that she has been here, as has DD1 & I know I will end up having these same feelings about DD3. I think once I get to the delivery, & I can finally see her & hold her...I will feel good.

Begonia-- I see youre pregnant...do you know what you are having?
    April 2008, March 2010, December 2012

TTC #4 sometime the middle to end of 2013, we'll be SWAYING & PRAYING God sends us a

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aw, well put, TM! I am glad you are feeling better. You are exactly right, there is not one day I wouldn't want my kick ass DD2 in my life. She is the absolute color in our family. And you are SOOOO right about society's notions of what the "perfect" family is....that is the reason we are ALL here on this site. We feel incomplete without our girl or our boy. I just hate that our cultures have done that to us. But, it is what it is, and yes, most of us would like to have both, but sometimes, we are meant to have the most awesome gaggle of girls and ya know what, our lives are not one tiny bit the worse because of it.

Just to make you smile, check out this video (it's the one you love, Begonia): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGwsOg1PArc

XXOO
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lola, that is soooo cute!!! What a great idea and such a lovely family!
    Tm, I agree with all the other ladies, when you see dd3 and get to know her you wil fall madly in love with her, I know that is what I am focussing on when I think about haing ds3. But your feelings are real, you shouldn't feel bad about them as you know you will love and cherish your beautiful new baby, x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww, it's not easy is it? Big {hugs}.

Lola - that video had me balling! I'm eating some sweets to console myself
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, isn't it adorable? I just love that family, and I don't even know them. LOL Every time I see it, it makes me think a brood of the same is FUN! And it is!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast