Christmas is a really hard time for me too. We have three nieces and when we get together, it is insane all of the stuff they get and how pretty it all is. Our boys get one gift to share. Don't get me wrong, it's not about the stuff I just do get bummed that noneof those pretty things will be at my house (cause I wouldn't mind playing with them with my dd !!).

Also, getting them dressed up.... it's just so boring for boys, although we try reaaally hard... And buying the girly gifts for all of my nieces... It feels like daggers through my heart thinking "why doesn't our dd want to come join our family???"...

thinkpink: my mil has slightly reddish hair and with each of our children I have wished for them to have her hair -- what a special thing!!! Your ds is a lucky one!!! I think the comments are the worst -- how are we really supposed to react to crap like that??? I get it all the time right now, so I have literally stopped telling people that I am even preggers for the moment, cause then they inevitably ask if we know what it is and then I have to say "most likely a boy" and be ready for the comments!!! My favorite is "oh my god girl, what are you going to do with 3 boys?? You are going to go crazy!!!" Sweet, right?!! Someday soon I hope to be able to laugh about it and/or have a super-cool comeback!!!