Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I say f* them!!! As much as I want a girl, I think it is cool to have 3,4,5 or 6 of one gender. It is unique and cool, plus you will probably be the cool mom when they get older and all their buddies will probably want to hang out at your house and think you are cool.
    Last edited by Juniebjones; March 21st, 2012 at 04:15 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wilma_five View Post
    Did I told you how people look when you buy a HPT with 5 kids?
    lol... That is pretty funny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a big fan of a good comeback comment that you have ready to fly....doesn't have to be mean, but how about something "educating?" I know that I always feel so much better when I say something immediately rather than walk away and WISH I said something. If they are rude, they deserve to be told so. I just don't understand why people feel the need to say anything but constructive things to strangers.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It never ends I think. Unless you have a perfect split of boys and girls you are going to get comments....then they are all about how MANY kids you have even if there is an even mix!

I have 3 boys and 1 girl (which of course I'm grateful that I got a girl) but I always get comments of "Your poor daughter! All those brothers and no sister to play with" and "Oh you better hurry and get on making another girl so that poor girl isn't alone"....like we have a choice! lol.

PS People are so stupid.
    Now SIXbabies!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think 4 and above must be the magic number. I have never been aproached by a stranger to comment on our 3 girls, but i bet that will change when we have 4.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say 3,4,5 more plus of the same gender is lovely and makes your family very special.

People say stupid things I honestly think, just to be heard. Don't pay any attention to the ridiculous comments !
    2007 2009 2012
    Cycle 2 June 2011 HRC, 20 eggs, 18 mature, 15 sent to GSN, 1 normal XX, 1 normal XY stopped growing at 7 cells, 1 mosaic monosomy 21, XY to be rebiopsied
    UPDATE XY came back normal after rebiopsy, FET coming soon !
    BFP 5days after FET Beta 1, 743 Beta 2, 2649
    My arrived 13th June 2012 !

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think 4 and above must be the magic number. I have never been aproached by a stranger to comment on our 3 girls, but i bet that will change when we have 4.
    Well, being that I used to have 3 boys, and now I have 4, I can tell you that I have gotten WAY more comments (esp rude ones) now that I have 4 boys. So I think what you said is true. 3 boys got me a few comments here and there, but not anywhere near the same as having 4. I think there are still enough families with 3 of the same gender so thats its somewhat normal. But 4 in a row starts to put you into freak show range.
    Love my 4 happy, healthy, handsome boys. Thinking of trying HT for a girl.

Twin boys! My easy to conceive, biggest suprise of my life, pregnancy. I was young then!

Clomid baby

Clomid baby

Cycle #1 at Reproductive Care Center
    Planned SET
    FSH: 11 AMH: 1.16 AFC: 12
    Antagonist: 375 Bravelle stim for 9 days
    ER: 15 eggs, 13 mature, 10 fertilized
    transferred 1 normal xx hatching blast
    BFP at 6dp5dt -- chem preg

4 more fresh cycles and 4 FETs later...finally pregnant at 39 with a baby girl.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I would try to change your point of view! My kids have heard do many comments they are very aware of others staring when we go somewhere but they love it. I actually think it boosts their self confidence!

If you do have a girl, the comments will not stop. The comments just change and the new ones are actually more annoying but I just don't care anymore.

Focus on the positive comments about how well-behaved they are! Stupid people have no idea that they are in fact stupid so I just pity them.
    I think this is the best thing I've heard all day! Never thought about it like that, but you are right! Instead of getting hurt by people's comments (and yes, I get comments all the time about having two boys so close in age - oh, the horror ), I need to remember that the stupid/rude/ignorant people don't actually realize that *they* are the ones with a problem, not me.
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fivebabies View Post
    It never ends I think. Unless you have a perfect split of boys and girls you are going to get comments....then they are all about how MANY kids you have even if there is an even mix!

I have 3 boys and 1 girl (which of course I'm grateful that I got a girl) but I always get comments of "Your poor daughter! All those brothers and no sister to play with" and "Oh you better hurry and get on making another girl so that poor girl isn't alone"....like we have a choice! lol.

PS People are so stupid.
    I hear this about my daughter too, but I have 2 boys and 1 girl. It really irritates me because deep down, sometimes I fear she really will be lonely when she and the boys get older. I wish people weren't so bloody insensitive!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw a mom recently at the store with several boys and I was unintentionally staring at her because I thought her boys were the cutest things ever and I was so wistful and jealous of her. I contemplated walking up to her and telling her what a beautiful family she has and I regret not doing so. I have 2 DD's and would seriously give up my life if it meant knowing I could have a boy (I realize that doesn't make sense but it's a metaphor). So if it is someone like me looking, it's b/c I am so envious.
    I wish people would say more nice things to families with single genders. The one time I had a grown woman come up to me after DD2 was born and she said "I love seeing families with 2 girls! I have 2 girls and my oldest is getting married and the younger one is the MOH and they're best friends." To this day it is literally THE only positive comment I have ever gotten regarding having 2 girls. When I was pregnant I had a woman laugh at me in the store when I told her I was having another girl. In the tone of "good luck with that" aka sucks to be you.
    People can be unbelievable sometimes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast