Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get the comments ALL the time from friends about "wow, boys are so much harder than girl"..." now you need a girl to complete your family"...and then there are the comments from my family about how they "need a girl".....
    especially my sister who I hate anyway..she has 2 boys and 1 girl...Just today she said at Easter dinner " You need to have a girl, come on already, we need another girl in the family" so I told her that SHE should "consider adoption" (she is 47) if she wanted one so f'n badly....that shut her up!!!
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never had a comment about me having two girls, I get a lot of comment about how cute they are!! But I don't think ANY comment is worse than the one you get from your own family, i cry all the time after I speak to my sister
    I get you. The comments from family are the worst. LIke you said, you can't just walk away or forget as easy with a family member as a with a stranger. Most of my family and Dh's family have made insensitive comments at some point. I try to get over them as I usually like them all pretty much...but somehow the gender thing makes people say rude things. My SIL told me several times she "hopes she's not CURSED with all boys like me." And how she's basically terrified of ending up like me. (She has no kids yet) The last time she called my kids a curse, I went off on her finally. First time I've told a family member off for their rude comments.
    Love my 4 happy, healthy, handsome boys. Thinking of trying HT for a girl.

Twin boys! My easy to conceive, biggest suprise of my life, pregnancy. I was young then!

Clomid baby

Clomid baby

Cycle #1 at Reproductive Care Center
    Planned SET
    FSH: 11 AMH: 1.16 AFC: 12
    Antagonist: 375 Bravelle stim for 9 days
    ER: 15 eggs, 13 mature, 10 fertilized
    transferred 1 normal xx hatching blast
    BFP at 6dp5dt -- chem preg

4 more fresh cycles and 4 FETs later...finally pregnant at 39 with a baby girl.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What you have to realize is that the comments never stop even if you get your DG. People love to say sh-- to you. Even if you had a pigeon pair they'd still be making SOME comment, it's just because people are freaking idiots with big mouths. I get comments all the time about a) asking whether my younger boys being from a different father than my older ones or if I have a bunch of kids in the middle b) my 2 blue eyed boys being from an affair because DH and I have brown eyes and "everyone knows that's impossible" c) people assuming that my little boys are accidents when they aren't and basically calling my a liar to my face.

So far I've gotten "I hope she's not a lesbian" "You know she's just going to be a tomboy" "You'll realize girls are much harder than boys" "Oh, you're going to make SO MANY mistakes" (this was really upsetting to my husband because he's already very concerned about that.) "She's not going to be anything like you wanted or expected you know" "You just HAD to keep going for the girl, didn't you" "You're so old you'll be dead before she ever gets married and has kids" and about 20 other things. All these people were actually really HAPPY for me, they just had to say something. It just never ends.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved reading this thread. I've had nearly every comment mentioned! I'd like to say it's like water off a duck's back but I'd be lying. 4boys retort was brilliant! I've used something similar in response to a lady saying how "OMG one boy is enough for me!" I think I said "is he really that bad? I actually quite like my boys, they're lovely" or something along those lines. I think the worst thing is that more often than not the stupid comments do come from people who are only trying to make conversation and be funny. I rarely get any comments that people mean in a hurtful way. That makes it harder to put them in their place. Most of the time now I just shrug and say nothing. When I was PG and hormonal I would be so angry and tearful. If I get PG again I won't announce it until the last minute and I probably won't go out in public very much either!
    5 bouncing boys!
    2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011

FSH 14.8 - AMH 0.72 (low ovarian reserve)
    Genesis Cyprus - 1 healthy transferred 13/07/2012 BFN

Swayed pink unsuccessfully 2012-2013. Stopped vitex and other supps in Jan 2014, abandoned TTC, then fell pregnant! Me and DH both 40.
    Blog http://asisterformysons.tumblr.com/

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS , i get that too about the tomboy thing all the time "why are you bothering even trying for a girl with all those boys she will just be a tomboy anyhow " stupid on them cause i actually dont CARE if i have a girl that is a tomboy not everyone wants a "princess" , i grew up with all boys i was the only girl and i LOVED it, i never wanted a sister either i was very happy in my position as the youngest and only girl ,my mum use to get stopped all the time by people telling her how beautiful i was ( not tooting my own horn but i was pretty cute lol) i had long hair ,wore dresses sometimes but i was happiest outside on my brothers moterbikes , riding skateboards and BMXs and playing in dirt with our dog ,i just wanted to do what the boys were doing ,my mum had no expectations on me and just let me be a CHILD ,and then i hit 13 ish and became girly girl and have been ever since so go figure, but i can promise you 1 thing i never got pushed around at school and i knew just how to handle boys as i got older thanks to my brothers lol
    And then on the other end of the of the spectrum i have friends with all girls and 1 boy and they cop the idiotic comments also 'oh no he will grow up a sissy ,weak ,girly a sook with all of those sisters "what a load of crap, i know plenty of guys that have grown up with all girls that are nothing like that ,
    people will always comment especially when you have alot of kids, they are just rude and are unhappy in their own lives

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    What you have to realize is that the comments never stop even if you get your DG. People love to say sh-- to you. Even if you had a pigeon pair they'd still be making SOME comment, it's just because people are freaking idiots with big mouths.
    ITA. Some people just HAVE to say something.

Loving reading everyone's comebacks here Go get 'em mamas!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    So far I've gotten "I hope she's not a lesbian" "You know she's just going to be a tomboy" "You'll realize girls are much harder than boys" "Oh, you're going to make SO MANY mistakes" (this was really upsetting to my husband because he's already very concerned about that.) "She's not going to be anything like you wanted or expected you know" "You just HAD to keep going for the girl, didn't you" "You're so old you'll be dead before she ever gets married and has kids" and about 20 other things. All these people were actually really HAPPY for me, they just had to say something. It just never ends.
    Yes!! I can relate to this so much, Atomic. I received the 'future lesbian' and the 'girls are much harder' crap too. And from normal people I see all the time. The most annoying thing is, these are same people who would also say 'poor you, you'll be the odd gender out' and 'I bet you'll never get a girl' before dd was born . It's like some people don't want you to be too happy or too excited, whatever your family make-up is.
    Last edited by Myloves; April 9th, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    These comments are unreal. They are the reason I pretty much became a recluse during my 2nd pregnancy. I find when you're pregnant and hormonal and emotional, it takes almost anything easy to make you cry. So the comments are super mean.

Atomic I am in awe of the comments you've gotten. Just what the ____ is the matter with people?!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234