Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now what?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know how you feel, I felt the same way upon finding out we were having a third little boy. The feelings are very overwhelming. Telling people is awful. Hang in there, you will feel better over time, not all better, but better.
    5/07 and 4/09 and 5/11

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ur not alone!! I have 5 girls and I heard all the comments that could be out there! I don't like it and I do get mad sometimes I try to ignore them and sometimes I say something back to them. I just don't understand how people can say things to another person without thinking first or be considerate. The worst to me was "why do u keep having more kids u will never get ur boy!!". Hopefully I'll prove them wrong on Thursday when I find out the gender of #6!! I already prepared myself to hear girl!! Good luck!
    [COLOR="#800080"][B]I have 5 beautiful daughters!! 11, 8, 3, 1, 11 months old!! Pregnant with #6!! IT'S A BOY!! YAY!! MY SWAY WORKED! THANK YOU GOD!!

Coccinelle33
    Im so sorry your going though this. It sad that any of us have to. I was sitting in my car thinking today after picking up my daughter a barbie toy thinking how I would have loved to have 3 girls and then a boy (I have boy, boy, girl, boy, boy). I would love to have my house filled with daughters. I love my boys with every last inch of my heart but if I could have I would have chose girls over boys. I know everyone has their own dream of what their perfect family would like like and it makes me feel better knowing there are people wishing they had what I have so hopefully it will make you feel just a little better knowing I would LOOOOVE to have what you have. Congrats!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

3 Girls

I have 3 girls and when I found out DD3 was a girl, I was depressed the entire pregnancy and depressed for a long while after she was born. I still feel sad at certain moments.

For me, my 3rd daughter was also my VBAC baby. After 2 cesareans, I wanted a vaginal birth as much as I long for a boy, and I pushed her out and she has been such a special little girl ever since she was born.

But very quick, I put my accomplishments to the side and I focucsed and dwelled on the fact that I did not have a son and I probably will never have one.

Did you try for #3 for a boy or did you try because you wanted to add to your family? With me I tried to add to the family, but then GD kicked in harder than with #1 and #2.

It gets easier once you get more used to it and know how to answer back comments.

I have a thread up on here on come backs.

Like some said even if you have a boy after 3 or 4 girls, you will still get "finally you got that boy". or "you kept trying until you got that boy". Believe me I much rather have those comments and have a son. But my point is people always have something dumb to say if that is the type of person they are.

Like yesterday my friend said to another Dad that has 3 girls also I will trade you for one of my boys for one of those adorable boys. This girl has 2 boys. Now I thought that comment was cute and of no hurt.

The Dad said "#3 was supposed to be a boy" but I said as long as they are healthy is what matters. So even the Dad has a come back. But the girl did not say anything mean.

So people who like that to begin with will make comments like that. Funny thing is one women who owns the daycare said to me "when are you going to have that boy". She herself has 2 sons and never had a daughter. So go figure!!!

Hope this helped some.
    2003 2006 May 2010 (My VBA2C baby)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry73 View Post
    The feelings are very overwhelming. Telling people is awful. Hang in there, you will feel better over time, not all better, but better.
    Thank you rasberry, you're very realistic. I've decided not to tell people bcos I can't stand the comments. Even when I say it's PROBABLY a girl, I get all kind of awful comments.

I do hope I'll feel better over the time, but at this point, I think I could never feel completely OK. I also feel guilty bcos of those feelings.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mysixpack View Post
    The worst to me was "why do u keep having more kids u will never get ur boy!!"
    That's awful. I pray you hear It's a boy!!! on your next scan!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you mommy*duke, you're so kind! It always cheers me up when someone here say they would love to have 3 girls

FamilyOfFiveRoses- thank you for sharing you story I'm too sensitive (or hormonal?) right now and I can't stand mean comments. I was crying last evening for a good hour with all kind of mixed feelings.
    I always wanted 3 boys, that was my dream family. I'm getting the opposite, probably God wants to teach me a lesson. Maybe I'll try for #4, but it would be hard to get DH on board
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Indira View Post
    Big hugs from me too ZB, I´m sorry you´re feeling so sad and I completely understand.
    Thank you huni!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post

ZB and Flava - How about a trade? You two can have my DH, my MIL, and my own boy thoughts and I will take your girl thoughts.
    Done deal!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I'm sorry ZB, massive {hugs}
    Thank you Zani-huni! Maybe it takes 4 to get what you want? Recently I've got the idea to try for a #4 during 2013/2014, I'm not completely sure yet tho.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast