Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now what?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now what?

So.....it's probably girl#3 for us

I feel confused, ashamed, sad, betrayed, exposed, vulnerable and most of all I feel and pray it can't be true.

Lots of lovely ladies here told me how great is to have 3 girls and I know I'll have somebody's dream family, but the thing is-I don't know NOBODY irl who thinks 3 girls are great. 3 or more girls - you get the treatment like you're cursed.

3 boys - now that's a blessing and moms are getting all kind of compliments and congratulations on their succesfull mission as mothers.

I feel like a lesser mom, worthless, like I failed. All the nasty comments I'll be getting. We tell everyone we don't know the gender yet, how pathetic is that?

My poor DH will be an easy target He still hopes baby might be a boy although he told me he would love another girl. He is a good man and a loving dad to our daughters.

The support I'm getting here means a lot to me, because i'll be getting none irl. Thank you all again!!!!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well.......I don't know where you live but here multiple boys is NOT a blessing!
    I get stupid comments also and people pitty me because I can't do mother-daughter stuff (like talking, shopping etc) Plus getting a grandchild from your own daughter is so different then getting a grandchild from your son. Around here is a blessing to have more then 1 daughter.
    Loves of our lives:

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wilma_five View Post
    Plus getting a grandchild from your own daughter is so different then getting a grandchild from your son. Around here is a blessing to have more then 1 daughter.
    Agreed. I don't think it's the same at all either Wilma. Though I will the best MIL I can be to my future DIL, I know that it probably won't be the same as a bond with my own dd.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zivic, I'm so sorry you're hurting hun x
    I know how you feel about people surrounding not wanting girls; most of my own family/friends prefer sons (which actually ticked me off more than it made me feel better about my GD, because I wanted all girls/or more girls than boys).
    Please don't feel inferior, I love love love (3x the love for 3 girls ) everything about little girls and I would have 10 of them if I could! I love my boys to pieces, but I'll stick with having two only thanks . I feel like you're the lucky mum here.

I get shitty comments either way - before I had my daughter people would comment on when I was going to have a girl, and 'didn't you want a daughter? Why don't you have one?' As if I can choose the gender of my kids!
    Or I would even more annoying comments from family, saying that I shouldn't have anymore in-case I ruined my perfect 'boy' family, even though they knew I wished for a girl.

with my girl, I am told 'she will be lonely', or 'lucky you only had one girl (from my stupid Inlaws who I don't talk to anymore)', or even 'she MUST have a sister or she'll be 'stuck' with brothers for life!'. That last one was from my cousin to which I said, 'sure, she'll be 'stuck' with the best brothers on earth!' That shut her up real quick.

Trust me, boy mama's get annoying comments too.

And btw, your DH is a lucky man! He'll have three girls who will adore him. Girls love their dads too!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wilma_five View Post
    Around here is a blessing to have more then 1 daughter.
    Netherlands, here I come!
    I hope you get your ASAP!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Myloves View Post
    Zivic, I'm so sorry you're hurting hun x

I get shitty comments either way - before I had my daughter people would comment on when I was going to have a girl, and 'didn't you want a daughter? Why don't you have one?' As if I can choose the gender of my kids!
    Or I would even more annoying comments from family, saying that I shouldn't have anymore in-case I ruined my perfect 'boy' family, even though they knew I wished for a girl.

with my girl, I am told 'she will be lonely', or 'lucky you only had one girl (from my stupid Inlaws who I don't talk to anymore)', or even 'she MUST have a sister or she'll be 'stuck' with brothers for life!'. That last one was from my cousin to which I said, 'sure, she'll be 'stuck' with the best brothers on earth!' That shut her up real quick.

And btw, your DH is a lucky man! He'll have three girls who will adore him. Girls love their dads too!
    Thank you for kind words!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Z-Im sorry you feel sad I know how is that and I think I will join you again soon...That is so nice of your DH to say for sure he will love his baby girl. But really your pic is not showing a girl 100% it may be the cord . I hope you will get another u/s with a clear pic. And to think 3 boys is a blessing and 3 girls not that's just mean. maybe those ppl are jealous of you and your DH?
    Others also make some comment to my DH sometimes .I don't know I think guys are so stupid thinking making a boy show you are a big man or something. But he got 1 friend with 2 boys and he is jealous of DH because he wanted a baby girl.
    And you really don't know what is the baby yet for sure so don't feel that way.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Z, I know it is hard to think about this right now. Just try to remember how much you wanted to get pg and how we were in the long-timers club together for so long! This little one is a blessing! And you know what, just like every mom here with 3+ of the same gender, you will have a lovely family and everything will be just fine. You can't worry about what other people think.....who gives a S&%T really what they think? Your DH is a champ and will be so proud no matter what, and you know it doesn't make you either of you less of a man or a woman to have 3 girls. You will love this little lady just as much as your other 2 gals, and I think it's important to just try to push yourself away from feeling badly about it the best you can. I know you are disappointed, but in my eyes, you are SO lucky to have a healthy little baby on the way, honey!!!! I hope you can come to terms and feel good about all of this. She will be awesome, if it even is still a she!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    3 boys - now that's a blessing and moms are getting all kind of compliments and congratulations on their succesfull mission as mothers.
    Totally not true. I got rude comments with three boys, and now that I have four boys, I get downright mean comments all the freakin' time. Ranging from, "poor you, you will never get to do mother-daugther stuff" to "sons will leave you, daughters are forever" to someone who actually said having so many boys was a punishment from God!

I think no matter whether its boys or girls, having a few in a row makes people judemental and rude. I'm so sorry you are going through this.
    Love my 4 happy, healthy, handsome boys. Thinking of trying HT for a girl.

Twin boys! My easy to conceive, biggest suprise of my life, pregnancy. I was young then!

Clomid baby

Clomid baby

Cycle #1 at Reproductive Care Center
    Planned SET
    FSH: 11 AMH: 1.16 AFC: 12
    Antagonist: 375 Bravelle stim for 9 days
    ER: 15 eggs, 13 mature, 10 fertilized
    transferred 1 normal xx hatching blast
    BFP at 6dp5dt -- chem preg

4 more fresh cycles and 4 FETs later...finally pregnant at 39 with a baby girl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fun family, that is just awful. I cannot imagine ever saying anything to anyone like that. In my opinion, children are who you raise them to be, with a good dose of their own personalities in there, of course. It is so not true that one gender stays and one leaves.....good grief. It depends on the family. I have friends IRL with 4 boys and they are awesome!!!! I think their kids are just precious and they have a darling family, just like everyone I know. Kids are such a blessing, I can't say that enough. I wish people would shut their mouths with the comments unless they are saying something nice like "your kids are so cute!"
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast