Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    This is just so not true! i know boy moms like to say things like this , but sorry no way I would love a boy more then my girls. I always wanted girls Im very happy to have girls and I love them so much .not everyone is the same.
    Agreed, but I think PurplePoet said that based on her own experiences and didn't mean to generalize.
    I'm a boy mum and I love my kids equally... though I'd have to say, I'm closer to my girl and my second son. DS1 is a huge daddy's boy.
    Last edited by Myloves; April 19th, 2012 at 03:27 AM.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mylove- Im friend with purple I hope she did not take it that way! I just read so much of this type of post back on IG omg...but if we dare to say our girls love us just as much they would yell at us...
    I know purple love her boys and she know I love my girls!
    Last edited by Flava; April 19th, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    Mylove- Im friend with purple I hope she did not take it that way! I just read so much of this type of post back on IG omg...but if we dare to say our girls love us just as much they would yell at us...
    I know purple love her boys and she know I love my girls!
    I do remember the old double standards on IG. I didn't like those type of comments either, and I am a boy mum. Of course you love your girls
    Last edited by Myloves; April 20th, 2012 at 04:15 AM.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry. Please take your time to feel upset and angry. Don't stuff those feelings inside. Give yourself time.

I personally am totally behind your plan to do HT when you are ready financially.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I felt the same way when I found out my third child was another girl. I thought oh no..this CANT be happening. Every u/s I hoped she would turn into a he. But no such luck. It was hard. Very hard. I cried for days..weeks & off and on during the following months. Took me until I was 30 weeks pg to give her a name. I just wasnt into the idea of ANOTHER girl. I was very detached from the whole pregnancy. Then on December 2, 2011 at 9:59am...that changed. I fell in love with my third daughter. And to my surprise, she came out looking just like ME! (DD1 & 2 look just like DH) As soon as I saw her I couldnt believe Id wasted the whole pregnancy wishing for boy. She is almost 5 months old now. I didnt even know I wanted another girl until I had her. Dont get me wrong..I still long for a son. Very much so that when I see people around me getting boys (childhood friend found out last month she is getting her first boy after 2 girls) i get pretty bad GD & cry. I just feel like Ill never experience a son. We plan to TTC next year & dear God I hope its a healthy baby boy.

It will get better. I promise. I was in a dark place after finding out dd3 was a girl & i thought id never love her the way I love my other 2 girls...but I bonded with her just fine & i couldnt picture life without her.
    April 2008, March 2010, December 2012

TTC #4 sometime the middle to end of 2013, we'll be SWAYING & PRAYING God sends us a

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zivic-Bubac: I know exactly how you feel. I am having my 2nd girl and I have been depressed ever since I found out. I feel awful about that. I also didn't tell people that I know the sex. I'm telling everyone that I am waiting until birth. Then people look at me and predict I am having a boy. It breaks my heart. I always pictured myself as a mom with boys...didn't think I would end up with 2 girls. I want to try for the boy next time but this time I am considering HT. We don't really have the money for it but it is worth the money and get what you want than to long for the gender you don't have. I am really sorry you feel that way and I totally understand your pain.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I found out I was having DD2, I completely snapped. It took me ages to get the courage to even try to TTC again b/c I didn't want another girl. DD1 and me are like oil and water to boot, so there's no happy mommy/daughter bond there either (not to diminish anyone's hopes for their DD closeness, that's just my experience, it doesn't mean it will be yours at all!!!). Instead of posting on IG - before I even found this place - the grief I was feeling was so overwhelming that I just basically disappeared from everyone's lives. I didn't tell anyone who didn't know that I was pregnant that I was. I avoided going out. It was such severe EGD that it scared me, the thoughts that went through my head.

The moment she was born, it was like euphoria. I remember crying and I felt like a years worth of pain was being pulled out of my chest. You know that deep cemented in hard rock pain that you carry when you are depressed and resentful. And she smiled at me. And for the first time (b/c I am now convinced I obviously had some form of PPD with DD1 b/c I did not feel this with her) I was like oh. This is what unconditional love is. I am certain that hormones have a lot to do with the height our emotions get with this issue when we're pregnant. I was expecting to be disappointed again. It was so opposite. I look at her now and I wouldn't trade her for a million boys and believe me I would have NEVER said that.

Do I still long for a son? Of course. Everyday. Some days are worse than others. Other days I am fine. One day I want to sway. The next I want to do HT. The next I refuse to have any more kids. It's just as with anything. But I don't find it's me that makes myself feel bad about GD anymore, as much as society does. The expectations that I am a failure to public perception b/c I don't have the Million Dollar Family. And it's weird b/c I don't look at single gender families of other people as a failure - especially all boy ones b/c that's what I wanted - but I feel like they look at me as that.

I should also add that if there's anything GD has taught me, it's that my want for a son has nothing to do with the love for my daughters. They are two separate things for me. Before I thought I could replace one "body" (metaphorically speaking) for another. It's not the case. My want for a son is something for me, to fulfill a dream that I have had about the life I envisioned (hence my user name) for myself.
    Last edited by envisioned; May 3rd, 2012 at 04:43 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234