Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How many cycles? Why Dr. Potter?

How many cycles did it take you to be successful? First cycle it yielded One normal mail and one normal female. Transfer the female but it didn’t take :-(

2nd cycle only one normal Mail came back. As we are trying for a female we are considering Third cycle. Does anyone have any help or recommendations to increase normals? I am 40 years old. Conceived our son naturally in 2015

We live in California but are not cycling with Dr. Potter… Does anyone know why he is considered the best? I’m not sure what magic anyone can do with older eggs even with a great reputation? We live in California but are not cycling with Dr. Potter… Does anyone know why he is considered the best? I’m not sure what magic anyone can do with older eggs even with a great reputation? Why do so many people use Dr. Potter? Is it because he will work with gender selection? When so many other clinics won’t? Thank you for your help in guidance

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

How many cycles? Why Dr. Potter?

Hi Everafter! Sorry to hear that your first two cycles didn’t work out, but that’s great that you can cycle again!

Dr. Potter does see a large number of patients for gender selection, so perhaps that is why a lot of people do go to him. He is considered the best likely because many have had success cycling under him, he is amazing at what he does, the staff are amazing and it is all around a fab clinic! It’s also a very busy clinic, so that says a lot about it being a first top notch choice.

Is there a reason why you haven’t gone to Dr. Potter, especially since you live in California? He obviously won’t be able to tell you what kind of chance you stand without having a consult and without having current pretesting, but it may be worth while to set up a consult with him and see what it might look like for you. You truly won’t know until you do.

How soon are you looking to cycle again?
    Last edited by Blushpinkbabyxx; December 8th, 2019 at 02:22 PM.
    Momma to two handsome boys Dreaming, wishing, hoping & praying to high heaven for our baby girl to complete our family

3. Thanks EVERAFTER thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for writing back. We haven’t gone to Dr. Potter just because I feel like there are so many clinics in California that do offer gender selection. So it seems so much more convenient to cycle locally in Marin and San Francisco County.

Thanks for the information about the supplements. I was using Coq10 but I’m definitely looking into the DHEA. I’m also doing some testing for my ovarian reserve to see what’s going on. It seems like our problem is having not enough “normals” we have sent a total of 13 blasts to testing and only three have come back normal unfortunately not female.

Like everyone here. I just can’t shake this dream gender of mine. I’m not sure why I can’t be like everybody else and just shrug it off and call it “not meant to be“ it seems to be my calling I just have to try.

What I can’t understand is I always seem to find ladies talking about having multiple cycle packages especially for gender selection. I haven’t heard of any local clinics that will offer multiple cycle packages… Roughly about 15 a cycle here…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks LMSM thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have plenty of clinics to choose from that offer GS, then I can understand going with somewhere that is closer to you. What clinic are you considering switching to?

Hopefully your pretesting gives you a better idea of where you stand with your ovarian reserve and cycling again. Sounds like you can get a decent amount of eggs, just that you need to increase the quality for more normals.

Interesting! I don’t know anything about multi-cycle packages since we never did that, nor were we offered anything like that. But to me, sounds like multiple cycle packages might be offered to patients who do have fertility issues and need some extra help, and extra chances getting pregnant vs. patients who have no trouble getting pregnant and are seeking IVF purely for gender selection. Maybe you won’t need a multiple cycle package next time though because you will get your girl!
    Momma to two handsome boys Dreaming, wishing, hoping & praying to high heaven for our baby girl to complete our family

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Everafter. I’m so sorry things didn’t work out. I too cycled with Dr Potter for a number of reasons. He’s a strong advocate for gender selection. He makes it’s extremely easy for international patients like myself to go there for GS. He seems to get amazing results for many ladies on this forum and some ladies I know in the Toronto area where I live. I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve. He was very realistic as to what my success rate will be and what my expectations should be. The fact that you live in California it’s totally understandable why you didn’t go there. You have so many options. I did end up being successful with my first cycle and first transfer with Dr Potter. Currently 30wks pregnant. Wish you every luck with you next steps. ❤️
    Mommy to: (2014), (2016) & our GS (2019)

Cycle #1: HRC February 2018 - 6 retrieved, 2 mature, 2 feritilized, 2 biopsied = 2 NORMAL XYs!!
    FET #1: Sept 2018 -BFP! Arrived May 2019

Thank you Gender Dreaming & Dr Potter for completing our family ❤️