Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Embryos that are already created

Hi

I have so many questions. I will start by asking this hoping that someone will have an answer ....

My partner & I have 4 embryos. Is it possible to have these tested to see what sex they are? We live in the Uk- I understand this would mean travelling and a lot of expense but just wondered if it was possible. Thanks in advance .....

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. You would have to ship them to a clinic that does PGD and will disclose gender.

What day were they frozen on?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Nuthin but pink

We had them frozen June 2016, does this make a difference? From this site can I find out what clinics disclose gender? Thanks. Like I said am new to all of this. We may not even go down this route but I wanted to know what our options are. Thanks

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump for any more replies X

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just keep in mind that this is a numbers game. In general people aim to have 20 eggs, 50% will fertilise and make it to day 5 which is when the testing is carried out (acgh or ngs), another 50% will come back abnormal so you'll have 5 completely healthy, but 50% might not be desired sex so at the end of it you'll only be left with 2-3 healthy embryos of desired gender.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But in response to testing your existing embryos there's no reason it can't be done. Often with clinic C they allow you to do 2 rounds of egg collections so you have the first one, fertilise and grow to day 2 then freeze. 2nd egg collection they fertilise and get the 1st lot out & let them all grow to day 5. So long as they've been frozen properly there's apparently only a 5% extra risk of harm to them so it can be done

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi kemi did you find anywhere?