Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry for your loss atomic. i did think she would have given me something as its in my notes of the pcos and the time i took to concieve, its not like she knows nothing about me?!? nevermind i went out and bought some vitex today so just gotta wait til AF.....could be a while lol!! Think im gonna go with the LE diet as it seems like its getting good outcomes, is there anything on there you'd avoid if you were me? thanks for taking time out to answer all my questions x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had an accidental sway where I conceived and miscarried at 5 weeks in March. I don't know what caused the miscarriage, but I spotted for an entire week and had horrible night sweats before I miscarried so I'm guessing progesterone levels were really off.

I have two boys and I have PCOS. I am the same height and weight as you, but have a hell of a time losing weight even though I use metformin, eat low carb, and exercise regularly. If/when we sway again, I will only be using all of the supplements I take from AF to O.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boys,boys.boys!!! View Post
    sorry for your loss atomic. i did think she would have given me something as its in my notes of the pcos and the time i took to concieve, its not like she knows nothing about me?!? nevermind i went out and bought some vitex today so just gotta wait til AF.....could be a while lol!! Think im gonna go with the LE diet as it seems like its getting good outcomes, is there anything on there you'd avoid if you were me? thanks for taking time out to answer all my questions x
    Yes, you should avoid the "empty carbs" that some people eat on LE Diet to keep weight on.. Focus more on veg, fruits, small amounts of whole grain (no more than 2-3 servings per day), and you may want to increase protein up to 50-60 g. Be sure to read this essay (sorry if I already posted it), it has tips on how to change the LE Diet if you have blood sugar problems http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...ar-issues.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fresas, its so nice to see thats theres someone like me i can lose weight quite quickly if im around the weight i am at the moment but if im any heavier i do find it hard to shift! can i ask what diet your following? i was gonna follow the LE diet but AS has suggested i change it slightly to suit me better?! its all soo confusing!
    AS thanks, iv read through the PCOS and Blood sugar esssays, maybe its just me but its soo confusing, im sure ill get there in the end

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's STILL the LE Diet though. As long as it's 1500-1800 cals a day, 40-50 g protein (and with PCOS you should go up to 50-60) and 20-30% of your day's calories from fat, it's the LE Diet. The LE Diet is not about 'forbidden' vs. 'good' foods, it's about the overall amount you're eating daily. You can eat anything you want on the LE Diet as long as you stick to those levels. Some people who don't have PCOS, lose weight very easily and NEED lots of empty carbs to keep from losing too much weight. Others, be they people with PCOS or insulin resistance or just who have a lot of weight to lose, need to focus more on vegetables, fruits, and whole grains, with a little extra protein because the carbs affect their system negatively. Two different strategies but it's still LE Diet.

It's confusing at first but just keep asking about anything that you don't follow and let me clarify. There are no dumb questions, only things that I haven't explained well enough yet.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me, in order to keep my own testosterone more in check, I have to avoid almost all carbohydrates. When I do eat carbohydrates, it is usually just one serving a day and it will be whole wheat, like a whole wheat tortilla, whole wheat pita bread, or whole wheat piece of bread.

I strictly limit my carbohydrates, minus fruit consumption. I avoid all processed/white flour carbohydrates, sugary foods, and the other stuff that's generally bad for diets, like fried foods. When I eat refined carbohydrates, my PCOS symptoms get worse. I sometimes joke that if I even look at candy, I gain 5 lbs and grow a mustache on the spot.

So for me, the LE diet is basically what I already do: avoiding carbs, but dropping most animal protein and replacing it with more vegetarian stuff, like beans and tofu. Rainbowflower actually suggest that for my version of the LE diet. RF and AS have been really helpful with my non-stop questions about their opinions on PCOS. I will be careful with my dairy consumption as well.

Again, it's just what I do. If you can eat more carbs without seeing an increase in PCOS stuff, then go for it, but I have to very strictly limit my carbs just because of how my testosterone levels respond to them. I'm very jealous you can lose weight! This is going to be one of the hardest parts of the LE diet for me because I have so much trouble losing weight with an already fairly strict diet.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to clarify, if you have PCOS or IR, you should not eat more than 2-3 servings of even whole grains. Serving sizes of grains are TINY - 1 small slice of bread, or 1/2 cup of brown rice or pasta.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi so sorry for the late reply back, just seem to be soo busy at the min! iv jst been reading one of your threads on pcos, and reading what suppplements youve been taking, do you already have regular cycles or have the supplements regulated them? i have just got a swaying plan from AS so will be sticking to that mainly. You mentioned Tofu and beans ive never had tofu but as its a non meat protein il give it a go, i didnt think we were supposed to eat beans? Also as u seem alot more clued up on PCIS and the diet than i do, do u have any meal ideas you could share? Haha the damn pcos mousche lol, ik the same if my weight creeps up lol, but i find if im really strict and go on the rowing machine every day it does come off, although you sound like your really strict with ur diet as it is

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS , i thought id sent you a private message of the type of meals i was eating for you yo look over, but i must have wrote it and forgot to hit send lol!! so i'll list them now.

Im skipping breakfast and waiting til at least 12pm for lunch which had been a weight watchers pitta with houmus, lettuce and slices of peeled cucumber followed by a muller light yogurt (although after reading my sway plan i shud stay away from the pita)

and dinners been a small amount of cous cous or rice with chopped tomatoes (salt/sodium only a trace) with sauteed mushroom, and courgettes (both sauteed in unsalted butter) and green beans
    or pasta with phildelphia light and sauteed mushroom and courgette.

both not too bad but not that imaginative lol! i did have a bad day last week when i had a bad uti and was generally feeling sorry for myself lol, so hope i havent messed up anything iv already done!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boys,boys.boys!!! View Post
    hi so sorry for the late reply back, just seem to be soo busy at the min! iv jst been reading one of your threads on pcos, and reading what suppplements youve been taking, do you already have regular cycles or have the supplements regulated them? i have just got a swaying plan from AS so will be sticking to that mainly. You mentioned Tofu and beans ive never had tofu but as its a non meat protein il give it a go, i didnt think we were supposed to eat beans? Also as u seem alot more clued up on PCIS and the diet than i do, do u have any meal ideas you could share? Haha the damn pcos mousche lol, ik the same if my weight creeps up lol, but i find if im really strict and go on the rowing machine every day it does come off, although you sound like your really strict with ur diet as it is
    Beans are ok in moderation - there ARE no forbidden foods on LE Diet. The prob. with beans, tofu, meat, eggs, etc is that they tend to have high protein for few calories, so many people have a hard time including them - they quickly go over their limits on protein and then have no protein left for the rest of the day, but have eaten very few calories (because even carb foods have some protein in them). It's very easy to get 40 g of protein and only have consumed 400-600 cals. That is starvation and so most people have to pick their foods more cautiously, to ensure they get both calories and protein.

With PCOS, you have 10 more grams of protein to play with (PCOS swayers should go up to 50-60 g protein in case I didn't mention it in this thread) so you have more leeway than people without PCOS to include beans, tofu, etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast