Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PCOS, do i have any chance of having a girl??

Hi i have pcos, and without being on the pill, i have next to no periods, (only 2 in over a year, when i was trying to concieve my last DS) so i feel with that i have no idea if or when im going to ovulate, and also i see alot of people with pcos who have boys, is there any1 who can give me some hope please? or even someone with pcos who succesfull swaying pink? thank you x

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello there, and Welcome! Take Vitex, I have heard many success stories of ladies who either had a baby and were waiting for their period, or there were ladies like yourself that hardly ever get periods.. Vitex sways girl mostly, and it also helps fight the PCOS to help you conceive!!
    With me, the past few months well, have been VERY strange. I've gotten multiple OPKS in a row, one of the symptoms of PCOS, anyway.. this went on for like 3 months.. one time 8 + in a row! I heard all these wonderful ladies taking Vitex and I hopped online and started doing my research! It actually helped with regulating cycles and bringing back periods! So this is my advice to you, and the good news is.. It won't cost you a pretty penny! Vitex is priced GREAT in my opinion!!

I took it and my +OPK moved from day 23 to day 15! and I was one of the really lucky ones and conceived in one cycle! I still had 6 positive OPKs in a row this cycle but I did conceive, and even with a SUPER nurser boy!
    I got mine off of amazon.com It's the Nature's Way 400 mg capsules. I took 2 in the am with my Calcium, Magnesium, and B-50 Complex

There are ladies on youtube that share their stories of conceiving with Vitex that have PCOS.

Good luck, and get ready to start this exciting journey!

Amazon.com: Nature's Way Vitex (Chaste Tree), 400 mg, 100 Capsules (Pack of 2): Health & Personal Care

Once your period returns there is a lube you might want to use to sway, it's called SYLK and sways girl..
    Amazon.com: Sylk Natural Personal Lubricant 3.0 oz ( Double Pack) [Health and Beauty]: Health & Personal Care

Then along with that you use RepHresh and it makes the environment in the vagina
    girl sperm friendly for 3 whole days! My conceiving cycle is the only one I've ever used it on.

Amazon.com: RepHresh Vaginal Gel, 4 Prefilled Applicators: Health & Personal Care

I used both of those.

Feel free to look over my PINK sway!
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...way%2A%7E.html

But you might want to look into the girl diet.. other ladies here would love to help you with that!

And lastly here's the thread on my Vitex Adventure

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...itex-time.html

I just want to throw in there that women have conceived boys on Vitex, nothing is a magic pill, but it's the best thing you should use for your situation!

goodluck2.gif thinkpositive.jpg
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; April 29th, 2012 at 05:38 AM.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for all the info butterfly spirit!! Id never heard of Vitex but i'll be out first thing tomorrow to get some, I just checked out your girl sway, (fingers crossed for you its paid off and you get ur little girl) i noticed that you took vitex on certain days, is a certain day to take them? and if so when? x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you do have hope of getting a girl, altho I agree that many with PCOS do tend to have more boys than girls. I have a thread about PCOS and swaying here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html Please don't be put off because this is a bit of a long essay, it's important for you to read because the rules have to be different for those with PCOS. You may also like to read this essay, it talks about changing sway diets with insulin resistance http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...ar-issues.html Under no circumstances should you do the IGD/FGD and start drinking a lot of milk becuase milk can wreak havoc with your blood sugar levels and make them very high, which is both bad for pink and will raise your testosterone. You'd be best off doing LE Diet with focus on lower carb veg, small amounts of fruit and whole grains (no more than 2-3 servings a day) and slightly higher protein intake (50-60 g)

I think your best idea is to see your doctor and see if s/he is willing to prescribe Clomid, metformin, spirolactone to get the PCOS under control medically. If not, then you can start looking into herbs, diet, lifestyle changes (and the essay talks about this a bit more.)

Above all, if you are heavy (and even if you're not) lose some weight. Losing even jsut 5-10% of your body mass will really help get your insulin resistance under control.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boys,boys.boys!!! View Post
    Thank you so much for all the info butterfly spirit!! Id never heard of Vitex but i'll be out first thing tomorrow to get some, I just checked out your girl sway, (fingers crossed for you its paid off and you get ur little girl) i noticed that you took vitex on certain days, is a certain day to take them? and if so when? x
    Take vitex from AF - the day before O, but I think you'd be better off seeing a doctor and looking into Clomid first, before you have to resort to vitex. Clomid will sway pink and will also help you ovulate and many women with PCOS take Clomid.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went to see my doctor as i kept getting AF on day 10 into my pill, so she suggested i try another type of contraceptive (as this pill is high hormone and have had this happen a different types of pills before) but once i said i'd be trying for another she didnt want to start me on anything else if only for a couple of months. I asked her if there was anything i could take to make me more regular as it took over a year to fall pregnant with DS but she wants me to try naturally first
    Thank god youve said that, as id read on another site (ingender) to up calcium intake so had been drinking loads of milk arghhhhh!!!! i currently weigh 120lb and am 5'4 so not got the weight issue of pcos, thankfully, but can lose a few pounds happily lol!!
    Last edited by boys,boys.boys!!!; April 29th, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh you're welcome no problem!!!
    That was just due to my situation. But Atomic was fantastic to hurry and step in and let you know AF-FIRST positive OPK!
    Since I forgot that little detail!!!
    I took it the wrong way and I ended up bleeding from the day my home pregnancy test showed a ghostline..since I was having many +opks I didn't know when I was to ovulate!
    to this day I don't know exactly what it was, but the bleeding stopped so that is good. Atomic says stop on Ovulation because Vitex is not good to take while pregnant, and she can testify that she had a tragedy occur because she didn't make sure she wasn't pregnant before taking it again.

Another very important thing is, if you are able to get on clomid do NOTHING else to sway (except maybe some preseed for lube), because with Clomid you want to get pregnant as soon as possible and swaying, especially for a girl, decreases chance for pregnancy. I got pregnant SO fast with both of my boys, but this pregnancy took almost a year to achieve!

What high hormone pill are you taking?
    If she won't give you Clomid, do Vitex and don't tell her lol that will go along with your "natural attempt".
    I didn't go to my doctor before trying Vitex, I was nervous and all but now I know that it was the only way that I could get pregnant before DS#2 was finished nursing!
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; April 29th, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im taking Logynon, as all the other birthcontrol pills i took before wernt working, and this one has 3 different hormones to suit each stage of your cycle, and because im getting my period in the highest hormone bit my doctor thinks the pill doesnt suit me and would be best on another contraceptive. il definatly try vitex, thanks for the warning although with my cycle i prob have no idea whne im ovulating x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went to see my doctor as i kept getting AF on day 10 into my pill, so she suggested i try another type of contraceptive (as this pill is high hormone and have had this happen a different types of pills before) but once i said i'd be trying for another she didnt want to start me on anything else if only for a couple of months. I asked her if there was anything i could take to make me more regular as it took over a year to fall pregnant with DS but she wants me to try naturally first
    Thank god youve said that, as id read on another site (ingender) to up calcium intake so had been drinking loads of milk arghhhhh!!!! i currently weigh 120lb and am 5'4 so not got the weight issue of pcos, thankfully, but can lose a few pounds happily lol!!
    Yes, Ingender doesn't take PCOS into account unfortunately.

We've been having equal if not better results on this site without the calcium (you may want to read this http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...roversial.html) but if you do want to increase calcium, yogurt and cheese are ok with PCOS because the microbes that turn the milk into yogurt/cheese digest the milk sugars for you and don't cause your blood sugar to rise. Also, it's fine to get your calcium thru supps rather than diet.

Can you see another doctor? If it's taking you over a year to get pg and you have PCOS, you NEED Clomid. There's no medical reason why you shouldn't have it because it's a pretty safe drug that is the standard recommendation for PCOSers who are TTC.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to clarify about my tragedy, I had already suffered a miscarriage of a twin BEFORE I started the vitex. This baby had implanted directly onto my cervix and my doctor told me there is not enough blood vessels in the cervix to sustain a pg and the baby most likely could not get enough nutrients/oxygen and passed away.

I assumed the bleeding was AF (it was heavy and lasted about the same time as normal AF) and started the vitex, but it turned out I was carrying twins, only lost one, and my other baby was still with me, so I inadvertently took vitex for 2 weeks while I was pg with him.

My baby I lost was already gone when I started vitex - the vitex did not cause me to lose him/her, that happened because it was placenta previa and poorly implanted. The baby I was carrying when I took vitex is alive and well at 2 1/2 and has nothing wrong with him, but I just want people to be very careful because vitex is a great unknown for safety. always take a pg test before starting vitex.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast