Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nini View Post
    this is slightly off topic, but just on one note you made: I think breastfeeding really really swayed girl for me heavily but I was still almost feeding fully (conceived my only dd when ds was only 6.5 months old and still almost fully breastfed). This included very frequent night wakings and a run down phyical status.... so just because you said all your girls where conceived while breastfeeding... I think for some it can sway girl a lot....

Sorry, no clue about IUI, but another thing I think swayed boy for me massively is taking epo capsules and drinking a lot of fluids - I got tons of EWCM in the cycle I conceived ds2 (I did everything to enhance fertility, no clue about swaying back then). I had virtually NO CM while breastfeeding.... No idea what I did for ds1, he was an "accident". This one is a failed sway..... Mainly thinking the stress of swaying got me him

I know, I am worried about the breastfeeding too. I am going to try and make up for it though with extra protein/nutrients. I really have been eating very little protein the last few years, just from cheese and pasta and ice cream/pb. I have rarely been eating beans or eggs as much. Ideally, I'd wait a bit, but age-wise DH says ifwe are doing 1 more kid, it's now or never kind of thing and I do want one more regardless of gender. DD#3 is 2 months now and only nursing 1 time at night. and 7 times during the day. She'll be 6-7months when we start TTCing and nursing 6 times during the day. It's still a lot, but I am definitely trying to eat much better protein/healthy fats than I was. We'll see

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    I agree, if your IUI is covered, go for it! Do the diet to the fullest you can and see what happens. I see a lot more boys conceived by IUI than girls, so I agree, I think it sways boy as well. (SO not a guarantee, though.....just keep that in mind.)
    I know, it's what is making me go back and forth so much. I figure if I am doing the diet/supps and we do IUI and maybe a natural attempt too, we'll be in good shape. It seems more folks think IUI could only help. I think the diet., etc. would be making my whole body and reproductive system more boy friendly so it's not just worrying about making my vag./cervix a more boy friendly environment. I hope it's doing something for my uterus as well.

In some ways maybe this will be a good experiment to see if someone who does a boy friendly sway but with IUI gets a girl or boy.

I feel like I see more IUI's result in boys too, but I am thinking it's maybe because it's usually the couple's first baby which I think I've read is more likely a boy and also like AS would probably say when you are exploring fertility help you're probably eating really healthy and getting in shape too. So I guess it's more of a correlation and not cause/effect, but it'd be nice if it was for my case

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n710 View Post
    Just to make sure I understand this, the higher amount of capacitated sperm are those ready to fertilize an egg? The sperm washing they do prior to IUI removes all uncapacitated sperm? Will the environment in the uterus demonstrate "better times" then as long as I have been doing the diet and supps (assuming my body responds the typical way)?

Like the higher blood sugar will have an effect of the environment in my uterus? I def. know I had a lot of spikes and crashes when getting pg. with my girls as I wouldn't eat for hours in the am
    Yes, the washed sperm are capacitated and ready to fertilize an egg, so you place a large amount of ready-to-fertilize sperm close to the egg right at the critical time. The docs also add some glucose solution to make the sperm very active (which may also sway blue!)

We don't totally know HOW blood sugar sways, if it's before conception or after conception (by improving the environment for XY babies to grow and implant) or both. It can't hurt and may help you to follow the HE Diet with IUI.

While I do think that for the most part, you bypass a lot of what does the swaying by going IUI (vaginal environment, cervix, and the rate at which sperm capacitate) the good news is, the safest boy supps will only help you conceive and that's best for getting pg with IUI and for swaying blue as well!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, it's what is making me go back and forth so much. I figure if I am doing the diet/supps and we do IUI and maybe a natural attempt too, we'll be in good shape. It seems more folks think IUI could only help. I think the diet., etc. would be making my whole body and reproductive system more boy friendly so it's not just worrying about making my vag./cervix a more boy friendly environment. I hope it's doing something for my uterus as well.

In some ways maybe this will be a good experiment to see if someone who does a boy friendly sway but with IUI gets a girl or boy.

I feel like I see more IUI's result in boys too, but I am thinking it's maybe because it's usually the couple's first baby which I think I've read is more likely a boy and also like AS would probably say when you are exploring fertility help you're probably eating really healthy and getting in shape too. So I guess it's more of a correlation and not cause/effect, but it'd be nice if it was for my case
    I don't think it's a correlation tho. I think it really DOES sway blue and not just a little bit. Most people who do IUI are doing so for fertility reasons (low sperm count and/or hostile CM) which tend to sway pink, and/or were also on Clomid which sways pink. That more boys are still being conceived, I think demonstrates that the IUI sways independently of any other factor.

Also, several of the timing studies did Clomid + natural conception with cutoff for TTC pink, and did IUI at ovulation for TTC blue. Some of these studies reported 80% effectiveness or even higher. Since we have other very well done studies where timing was proved not to sway (with even slighlty more girls than boys conceived O-1 and O day), logic dictates that if timing doesn't sway, but Clomid + cutoff vs. IUI yields such drastically different gender ratio, it simply has to be the Clomid vs. IUI that's really doing the swaying.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, I am worried about the breastfeeding too. I am going to try and make up for it though with extra protein/nutrients. I really have been eating very little protein the last few years, just from cheese and pasta and ice cream/pb. I have rarely been eating beans or eggs as much. Ideally, I'd wait a bit, but age-wise DH says ifwe are doing 1 more kid, it's now or never kind of thing and I do want one more regardless of gender. DD#3 is 2 months now and only nursing 1 time at night. and 7 times during the day. She'll be 6-7months when we start TTCing and nursing 6 times during the day. It's still a lot, but I am definitely trying to eat much better protein/healthy fats than I was. We'll see
    I conceived DS 4 while BF quite a bit.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know if there is a study out there that shows IUI rates of boy/girl with gender??

This is tough, I keep not being sure if I should skip making the sperm go through the vagina/cervix.
    I am planning to have a very friendly boy environment with diet., supps, and then the cough syrup, maybe also preseed.

With IUI they are all getting in there (uterus) together so then I am only relying on my uterus environment and the blood sugar which as AS says we don't know how it works.

"AS", you mentioned if I do IUI I am taking a lot of the work of my sway out of the equation, that's hard because in some ways I feel like then I have it less in my control, and therefore it almost feels like less of a chance to get my DG, you know what I mean?

I do feel like I could get a boy doing IUI because that is how I got my first, but I also know my diet and weight has changed since when I got pregnant with my son and has became so LE. So it makes me think IUI had nothing to do with me getting my son, it was all my diet and that is how I've gotten my 3 girls, all diet.
    Do you really think it's better to do the IUI than natural while still doing all the boy stuff leading up?

Sorry for all the questions and I know I just have to go with my gut, I think because there is no concrete studies that I know of about this, my head is second guessing.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS, are those Clomid vs. IUI posted somewhere? And do you know if the HCG trigger shot they give before the IUI sways?
    I know I can tell them I don't want to do the CLomid, but they will have me do the trigger shot so they know when to do the IUI. Thank you

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ScienceDirect.com - International Congress Series - Unbalanced sex ratio in newborns obtained by intrauterine inseminations

This study found 3.4 boys for every 1 girl conceived via IUI. I WISH we could get the full text because the graphs look super intriguing but it's $$$. There are other studies out there (both cows and humans) and some that claim the opposite as well of course.

the Clomid vs. IUI is somewhere on the site but I can't find it right now - does someone know where it is??

I do not believe HCG shot sways.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know if there is a study out there that shows IUI rates of boy/girl with gender??

This is tough, I keep not being sure if I should skip making the sperm go through the vagina/cervix.
    I am planning to have a very friendly boy environment with diet., supps, and then the cough syrup, maybe also preseed.

With IUI they are all getting in there (uterus) together so then I am only relying on my uterus environment and the blood sugar which as AS says we don't know how it works.

"AS", you mentioned if I do IUI I am taking a lot of the work of my sway out of the equation, that's hard because in some ways I feel like then I have it less in my control, and therefore it almost feels like less of a chance to get my DG, you know what I mean?

I do feel like I could get a boy doing IUI because that is how I got my first, but I also know my diet and weight has changed since when I got pregnant with my son and has became so LE. So it makes me think IUI had nothing to do with me getting my son, it was all my diet and that is how I've gotten my 3 girls, all diet.
    Do you really think it's better to do the IUI than natural while still doing all the boy stuff leading up?

Sorry for all the questions and I know I just have to go with my gut, I think because there is no concrete studies that I know of about this, my head is second guessing.
    They all get into the uterus together anyway. Both X and Y are all up in there mixed together, as far as we know.

You can still do cough syrup, diet, supps and they may very well all help. The sperm still have to make a journey from the uterus to the Fallopian tubes to the egg and there is a lot of room to influence the process.

I have no way to know which is best, but I do know that a couple people have had great HE Diet blue sways that ~should~ have worked and still gotten opposites, so my thinking is, if we can get a 3.4 to 1 ratio with IUI, then add in diet, supps, cough syrup, surely that has to be a good thing.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sheesh I'm totally doing an IUI next time if it's 3.4 to 1

Along those lines though, if IUI in and of itself sways boy, I wonder why MicroSort wasn't more successful for Y sorts then? You would think the sort plus the inherent tendency of IUI to sway boy would have made their boy efforts MORE successful than girl, when the opposite was true.

n710, I'd go with whatever worked for you -in this case IUI- in the past! And FWIW I love, love, love PB and vanilla ice cream. Yum.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast