Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n710 View Post
    "Basically, it makes no sense to me to do all this stuff to try and conceive a baby of a certain gender before ovulation, without trying to optimize environment for that baby, esp. since that's the one thing we know to be true!"

You mean making sure we are keeping the right environment, either LE or HE in the two week wait, right? to ensure if the gd egg will implant?
    Yes, exactly. Why go to all the trouble of trying everything under the sun to conceive an XX or XY, if we're not going to keep it up for a few days after O. I'ts not that I think it's going to, like, KILL your baby not to do that, but why not keep it up since we do know it can help??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n710 View Post
    Okay, I think I get the glucose thing now.

Basically, the XY suck at sucking up glucose so a higher level in the uterus will ensure they get enough. Meanwhile the XX are so good at it, they may actually get too much if they are in a higher level glucose environment.

I wish science could discover the pre-ovulation part because it does make sense that somehow the body would know ahead of time which gender would have a better chance of implanting and being carried to term.

Like maybe do the think the different XY/XX sperm are affected somehow by the glucose levels? Do they know if uncapacitated/capacitated sperm soak up any of the glucose on the way to the egg? Or maybe they are just affected somehow by the different levels
    Yes, that's it exactly.

I'd love it if science would do that, but until they do, we have to operate on the assumption that such a mechanism does exist, because it's just sensible that it does.

I think it could be capacitation, or it could be that low glucose allows fewer sperm to survive (doctors often put glucose into sperm when they do IUI so we know that glucose can up sperm survival), or it may be that the eggshell itself is changed in some way that makes it easier or harder for X/Y sperm to penetrate the egg due to their slightly different size. Or it could be some other factor entirely that we haven't even begun to guess at!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for answering all my quest. AS, I def. am one of those people who wants to know the "why" of things.

I think it helps me to understand the bigger picture and not get hung up on all the little details which seem to be the things that can cause stress for folks

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did IUI and had a boy. I was really interested in gender too because it seemed like you would most likely always get a boy from IUI, if done correctly at ovulation. So I created an anonymous survey where participants can see the results too! Gender results from IUI Survey

5. Likes Eneli liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Done! Really interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Smilomarie View Post
    I did IUI and had a boy. I was really interested in gender too because it seemed like you would most likely always get a boy from IUI, if done correctly at ovulation. So I created an anonymous survey where participants can see the results too! Gender results from IUI Survey
    Mum to a beautiful and dreaming with a little (or two!!!! )

--------------------------

Cycle #1 HRC. September 2014. 7 retrieved, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and tested. One XX comp EB B/C transferred. BFN

Cycle #2 HRC. January 2015. 4 retrieved, 1 mature, 0 fertilized. NT.

Cycle #3 HRC

Little Mon we're waiting for you!!! 06.17.

Baby Mon is coming

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    interesting. Keep us posted!

Just want to clarify, it's NOT TIMING because the best data indicates that timing does not sway. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html Whatever with IUI that is swaying, it does not seem to be timing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234