Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

To IUI or Not? TTC-Boy

Okay, so when I start TTCing this fall I am contemplating IUI. My insurance covers it.

What do folks think? Would it increase the chances of a boy?

I would not be taking Clomid, but they would most likely have me do a shot of Ovidrel to force ovulation.

Here's my background. We had DS doing IUI with Clomid. My diet at the time was more HE. I ate breakfast, lowfat dairy (not HE), rice, beans, pasta, cheese, etc.

After DS, I have now had 3 girls. All my daughters were conceived when still breastfeeding. After having my DS though, my diet became more LE. I started skipping breakfast and eating fewer calories. Interestingly, I did start eating a lot more peanut butter, fruits and veggies and drinking lemon water nonstop. That is all I drink other than 1 cup of coffee in the morning. Anyway, those things are more boy friendly, but I think because of skipping breakfast, less protein and just having ice cream with peanut butter for dinner every night I must have a girl friendly environment.
    Also, I was 120lbs when I got pregnant with my son and between 112lbs-118lbs getting pregnant with all my daughters since.

So, this will be our last baby and my DS would LOVE a little brother. I've started the diet, supps. and have been lifting weights since last year after having my second daughter.

I am just not sure if I should do IUI w/out the clomid or just natural. Like how strongly does anyone think IUI could sway blue?

I am doing all the other stuff no matter what because I definitely think my diet has contributed to me having all girls since I've changed it, just not sure how much the IUI may have also contributed to getting DS???

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry I missed this one yesterday! I try to answer all posts so if you think I missed one, bump it or shoot me a PM and tell me to reply!!

I do think IUI sways blue and since it worked for you the last time, my inclination would be for you to do it again if that was an option.

Reason being, with IUI you bypass your internal vaginal environment and deposit a large amount of already washed/capacitated sperm very close to the egg, so a lot of swimmers can reach the egg very quickly and all are ready to fertilize. It removes a lot of variables from the equation - of course we don't KNOW how swaying works, but it is very likely that it has to do with your internal environment and also the rates of capacitation of your husband's sperm IUI does away with all those things.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd do what worked the first time!

Peanut butter and ice cream for dinner?? LOL.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks AS,
    I know it's tough figuring out what to do. I seem to be pretty fertile in general and did get pg. the first try with the IUI so I imagine I would again. I just go back and forth, like if I did IUI and it was a girl in spite of the boy supps. and diet, would I regret doing the IUI, vice versa if I go natural. Aghh, decisions
    I think DH would rather just do IUI too because he thinks that's the only way we'd get a boy

Anyone out there do IUI on boy diet/supps. or just a boy friendly lifestyle and get a girl?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I'd do what worked the first time!

Peanut butter and ice cream for dinner?? LOL.
    I have stopped doing that as of a week and half ago and miss it!!! I'd melt a little PB in a mug and then fill it with ice cream Yum!!! I know I got 3 girls eating lots of PB, fruits and veggies, potato chips and lemon water. But that is all I ate in a day. I am convinced the fewer calories and lack of protein is what got me girls in spite of the boy friendly food.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'm sorry I missed this one yesterday! I try to answer all posts so if you think I missed one, bump it or shoot me a PM and tell me to reply!!

I do think IUI sways blue and since it worked for you the last time, my inclination would be for you to do it again if that was an option.

Reason being, with IUI you bypass your internal vaginal environment and deposit a large amount of already washed/capacitated sperm very close to the egg, so a lot of swimmers can reach the egg very quickly and all are ready to fertilize. It removes a lot of variables from the equation - of course we don't KNOW how swaying works, but it is very likely that it has to do with your internal environment and also the rates of capacitation of your husband's sperm IUI does away with all those things.

Just to make sure I understand this, the higher amount of capacitated sperm are those ready to fertilize an egg? The sperm washing they do prior to IUI removes all uncapacitated sperm? Will the environment in the uterus demonstrate "better times" then as long as I have been doing the diet and supps (assuming my body responds the typical way)?

Like the higher blood sugar will have an effect of the environment in my uterus? I def. know I had a lot of spikes and crashes when getting pg. with my girls as I wouldn't eat for hours in the am

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Capacitated sperm are ready to go and do not live long. All dead sperm are removed via washing before IUIs and the process turns them "on". Literally!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, I am leaning towards doing it.

Anyone do IUI? What was your experience?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    this is slightly off topic, but just on one note you made: I think breastfeeding really really swayed girl for me heavily but I was still almost feeding fully (conceived my only dd when ds was only 6.5 months old and still almost fully breastfed). This included very frequent night wakings and a run down phyical status.... so just because you said all your girls where conceived while breastfeeding... I think for some it can sway girl a lot....

Sorry, no clue about IUI, but another thing I think swayed boy for me massively is taking epo capsules and drinking a lot of fluids - I got tons of EWCM in the cycle I conceived ds2 (I did everything to enhance fertility, no clue about swaying back then). I had virtually NO CM while breastfeeding.... No idea what I did for ds1, he was an "accident". This one is a failed sway..... Mainly thinking the stress of swaying got me him

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, if your IUI is covered, go for it! Do the diet to the fullest you can and see what happens. I see a lot more boys conceived by IUI than girls, so I agree, I think it sways boy as well. (SO not a guarantee, though.....just keep that in mind.)
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast