Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just curious... do losses count? I have been preg 4 times, but only 2 live births. I'd love twins... GG twins would put me on cloud 9 (2 of each, matching dresses... seriously drooling over the girly dresses over here lol, built in best friend, etc.) but BG twins would be great too! I know they are a handful but would be so worth it. We aren't "trying" for twins but would gladly welcome them, and the fact my odds are upped with clomid is not lost on me. My mom lost fraternal twin boys (conceived through fertility meds so no fam history through her but on my dad's side my great uncles are twins-fraternal) and I've kinda wanted twins ever since. I'm avg height (5' 5"... wonder what it is about height that increases likelihood *shrug*). BMI fits the bill, not by much but it's something I take 4 mg of folic a day, too. but that's all I got. No BCPs, BFing, etc. and I'm only going to be 32 this year :/ Guess we shall see how it plays out
    Last edited by twointow83; June 10th, 2015 at 06:48 PM.
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm hoping for twins too. I should read way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

3. Likes twointow83, maidentomother liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trying4twins View Post
    Have you read that any particular month or season is better for TTC-twins? I heard that more are conceived during the summer months, June-July, because of the longer daylight hours. I haven't been able to confirm that though. What do you think?
    Oh gosh I missed this, sorry!!! I am not sure they have the data pinned down on that, because there is also the possibility that more twins stay stuck at certain times of year. I would actually suggest trying in late summer/fall Aug-Oct so you get the benefits of the sunlight but at the same time, the babies will be born during warmer weather - there is an increase in conception rates at that time of year, possibly trying to get more babies born when the weather is nice the following year, if that makes sense.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES losses do count, absolutely. The fraternal twins on your mom's side may indicate you have the genes for hyperovulating.

RE height - it is very likely that it's just an evolutionary coincidence, taller women were possibly more likely to have successful twin pregnancies than us shorteez (I am 5-4 and conceived twins but one didn't make it) and thus the ability to hyperovulate may be linked with height to some extent.

Clomid is by far and away best tactic for getting twins!! GL!

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so glad that I found this group! I am doing a light twin sway for boys. I am going to look into the One A day Womens.
    I am about to start my first cycle on ISO I am currently on CD1 and will be taking SOY from CD3-CD7. I am mainly taking it in hope to ovulate earlier then normal. Any suggestions on how much I should take? A little view of my cycles.
    Starting from January I Oed on CD16 w/a 30 day cycle
    February I O on CD26 w/a 37 day cycle
    March I O on CD 20 w/a 33 day cycle
    April I O on CD22 w/a 34 day cycle
    May I O on CD31 w/a 42 day cycle.
    Suggestions on dosage? I will be making my first attempt in October so I have a few months to practice but was wondering if I shoud start at 80mg for 3 days 120mg on the 4th day and 160mg on the fifth day?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The soy iso may very well change when you ovulate.

I feel that we are seeing best results with all the "ovulation stimulators" taking from CD 3-7.

I would have you take 100 mg (or 120 since I get the feeling yours are in 40 mg increments) every day for those 5 days. Same dose.

Do not start them till the month you are planning to TTC.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have/had fraternal twins on both sides, but my Mom's twins were due to injectable fertility meds, according to my dad at least but he isn't always the most reliable source (back then he was fighting an internal war- gay but trying to be straight- and it messed his head up bad there for awhile). The natural fraternal twins are from my Dad's side. Genetically I am more like my Dad than my Mom (paternity test) to the degree that almost all the markers that I matched my mom on, my dad also had the same markers. Literally, I have 1 marker that is my mom only, lol. So I guess it's still possible though I don't know how all that works. I know if DH had any history it wouldn't make a lick of difference but I have my dad's genes, so maybe? We have always talked about it being a possibility but never put in any stock in it. Figure it's better to not expect and be surprised than to expect and be disappointed.

If I don't get preg on the first cycle of clomid my doc wants to do a follical study. While I would love to get preg right off, I'd be curious to find out what things look like in there around O time like the High-tech'ers do Sometimes I do wonder if I do hyper ovulate because I can feel ovulation pains... not usually on O day but a few days before and sometimes the pains can be a bit much... though with PCOS those times could just be a ruptured cyst and not the eggie kind.

The height thing makes sense. My torso isn't very long and by the end of my 2 pregs that made it to the end it was a battle for room lol. They needed room to grow and move and I needed room to breath and eat lol. I get HUGE when preg cause baby has to grow OUT to have room lol.
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I will take 120mg but would like to start taking them now so I can get a better idea of when I will O come October. I never O on the same CD so im hoping with SOY that it will help regulate so when October gets here I can know what day im going to O instead of guessing. If that's ok.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    O pains do not tell you anything about what is going on in ther, unfortunately. Some of us have just awful O pains on both sides every month (Me!!) and there are many people on here who have felt strong pain on one side only to have ultrasound and find out that they actually ovulated form the OTHER. Ovulation can actually relieve O pain - we develop many eggs in both ovaries every month and only the best one or two are released, when that happens it can relieve pressure (like popping a sore pimple) and then the other ovary is just sitting there all full of eggs and that can really hurt.

I wouldn't read too much into genes, we all have the potential for twinning and if you have genes on both sides, even better.

11. Thanks twointow83 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iwanttwinboys View Post
    Ok I will take 120mg but would like to start taking them now so I can get a better idea of when I will O come October. I never O on the same CD so im hoping with SOY that it will help regulate so when October gets here I can know what day im going to O instead of guessing. If that's ok.
    NO, you can't do that. What happens in this month or next month or the month after tells you NOTHING about what will happen in October and the longer you take them, the "pinker" they may become for you. Also less effective, more side effects, etc. What you are suggesting will not work and it may both undermine your sway and your chances of twins on the soy iso.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast