Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

exercise right before ttc girl

Hi everyone,
    So I understand that for a girl, you either need to exercise over an hour or nothing at all. I usually run 4-5 times a week, for about 45 minutes, and I have stopped, thinking I want to replace my muscle with fat. However, I have noticed that lots of girl moms seem to be doing lots of cardio.
    So here is my question...I can't do everyday of cardio, but the 2-3 weeks before I ttc, I could swing an hour a day. But how do you not build muscle? Would it be beneficial to only do it for a little while, or am I better off just stopping altogether?
    thanks!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2-3 weeks is not enough time to safely shrink your muscle mass unfortunately.

If you're losing a lot of weight, you ~may~ be able to get by with less exercise, but it's not as safe for your sway.
    Here's the in depth exercise essay.http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...h-genders.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always ponder this OP. I see a lot of girls moms OD on cardio and are very slim (don't eat much). I am a workout junkie. I actually did a trial of the diet for just under 2 weeks with 1.15 HARD cardio and I *gained* weight. I'm talking 5 pounds I gained. Very very very odd. I felt like ass the whole time I was so food deprived and tired from cardio. I would say don't work out. Just my two cents. I stopped doing weights a long long time ago just power yoga 1x week and running still and still cardio, I do intervals though during any cardio unless distance running (read on a site that builds muscle). I'm pretty toned, I'm small and thin but i have a toned 6 pack and runners legs lol. I'm going to try to drop a lot of muscle before we start. Not sure how but I'll try. Good luck to you!
    Also, not sure if you are the same, but when I don't work out I am cool as a cucumber. Not type-a at all and my skin gets really dry and cracked (signs of low T i think). I have had to stop 2x last year for about 6 weeks at a time and I was very, very, very calm I felt like a diff person.
    Nov 09 Jan 11
    Hoping to add some pink to this house soon!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    through with blue, here is my plan. i am total workout junkie, but i decided to quit. I am walking for about 45 minutes when I feel the need to exercise. i think the running builds too much muscle for my body type. also, i am eating pasta and bread, things i usually never do. my sister has two girls, and that is pretty much her diet.
    best of luck!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a question I have been asking myself from the get-go...To exercise or not? (swaying pink). When I conceived DS, I had been on a two month hiatus from running, as I had just trained for and competed in a half-marathon in November (conceived in January). I was maybe running 20-25 minutes once or twice weekly when I conceived (could have been less, as the weather was cold and nasty that December). In any case, I think I've decided to keep with exercise this time, at 6-7 days a week, with longer, slow runs to avoid building muscle mass. I'm trying to go with a more relaxed approach, as I tend to over-plan everything. For me, running is extremely relaxing, and helps me to wind down after a crazy day at work (which is very competitive), so I intend to use this as a stress-reducer. And my sweet boy loves going for "wuns ow-sigh" (aka "runs outside") with his mama.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If exercise is a major stress reducer, then it may have benefits for a pink sway that may outweight the risks.

I agree that 20-25 min a day, 1-2 days a week is def in the moderate exercise realm that might sway blue.

Re long, slow runs to avoid building muscle - actually the best way to shrink muscle mass is overtraining.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ