Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

EXPERTS (hee hee) if you are on the older side and TTC a Girl would you......

DTD everyday after AF (but release outside) and only have dh release inside once on a 2 day cut-off or DTD everyday starting On CD 10 straight through O with releasing inside every time or abstain for 7 days and DTD only once with a 2 day cut-off or abstain for 7 days and do 0+12 and a 2 day-cut-off but releasing once before the 0+12 then do the 0+12 or abstain then do a 3 day cut-off and a 2 day cut-off. Hmmmmmm........which one would be the best possible balance of getting a girl and getting pregnant?????? This also is along with diet of course and I have had creamy cm my last few cycles and no ewcm so I need to use lube....maybe canola oil??????

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Princess.

You reference yourself being on the older side ... may I ask your husband's age? That will factor in whether or not you'd want to go the abstaining route, probably (as in, if he's older than 35, you might not want to choose abstaining).

I guess my concern is that several of the strategies you've listed here (only one attempt, doing a cut-off or doing O+12) will make it tougher to get pg. That may or may not be a problem depending on how long you think you can stay on the diet and how impatient you are overall to conceive.

Is frequent release an option for your DH? I like the idea of maybe having him do FR starting on CD3 and then adding on your second option (DTD everyday starting on CD10 straight through O). That will have some sperm-lowering strategy (with the FR), but having a number of attempts will increase your chance of actually conceiving. If it were me (and, of course, it's different for each of us), I wouldn't hassle with O+12, as it makes pg really tough, esp. in moms that might be somewhat older. Have you had a chance to read Atomic's essays about O+12?:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...ry-o-12-a.html
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...do-o-12-a.html
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...es-o-12-a.html

You'll likely find that you'll establish a strategy you like ... and then still end up tweaking as you go along. I think that's how we all do it (except for those lucky gals who succeed in the first month).

Good luck!
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your response. My dh and I are both over 35. He has a high sperm count I had him tested recently because I was swaying ( I just told the dr we were having problems getting pregnant). He has a high sperm count the dr said and great motility (is that what its called....mobility, I don't know). It was like in the 90's and the dr said that they like them over 50%. The dr told me that its more likely the egg quality and that I need to remember that the % every mont for any women is pretty low when you think about it. I think he said 20%. I never had a problem getting pregnant before, although I did not tell him I was swaying and that I was dtd only once! So, I am scared to do fr release because with my boys we dtd a lot during my fertile window and I got boys. Now, I know FR is different than FR bding, so would you still do FR everyday then and then just do the attempts bding straight through O. So, can you give me an example??? Like on CD 3-11 release dh only (NO bding) and then on CD 12, 13 14 (4 days DTD and release inside me) or dtd and only release on CD 12 and CD 14??? I am so confused???

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can definitely be confusing! There is a difference between FR and frequent BD -- my understanding is that frequent BD can not only raise your pH (which ~might~ be bad for a pink sway), but it can also send a signal to your body that a steady mate is present, which can sway blue.

Some ladies wait to get their attempts in until they see a positive OPK. Others (as I did) just pick a relatively arbitrary day (CD10, CD12, etc., depending on when their usual ovulation day is) and then BD through O.

So I would suggest at least seven days of FR, at least once daily (my DH alternated once a day vs. twice a day, to average three releases every 48 hours) and THEN get your attempts in. After a week or more of FR, your DH's sperm count should be lowered before anything gets introduced to your reproductive tract ... whereas, most likely, when you conceived your boys, your DTD was starting from square one, so "all guns blazing," as it were. So the first example you gave ("Like on CD 3-11 release dh only (NO bding) and then on CD 12, 13 14 (4 days DTD and release inside me)"), seems a very valid strategy.

One thing to remember is that frequency (and timing even less so) seem to have a pretty minor impact on sway. So women tend to go so hardcore on trying to get timing right that they go month after month with BFNs and then start loosening up on the diet, which seems to have a greater impact on swaying. And you also don't want to get yourself so stressed out about timing and frequency that you raise your testosterone levels, either.

So, personally, I like the idea of FR CD3-11 and then commencing with the BDing.
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both dh and I are 37 going on 38, and here's what we did:

7 days of him releasing daily, then we started to dtd every day as soon as I started getting signs of O until I was sure it had come...or at least that was the plan and it was what we did for several months. But the month I got my BFP we had logistical problems because we were staying out of town. The stress of the upcoming trip also delayed O slightly for me. We ended up with 6 days of frequent release, then I panicked and thought O was coming, so we started our daily dtd. I think we dtd 6 days in a row, then stopped because I thought O had come, then O really ended up coming a day later, so in the end it was a 1 day cut-off.

Many on this site don't believe in timing - lots of women here have gotten their girl from dtd through O. Atomic Sagebrush, our resident expert, doesn't recommend abstaining for men over 35 because there are studies that suggest it could lead to a higher rate of birth defects. She also doesn't recommend O+12 because for women over 35 our egg is not likely to survive long enough to be fertilised. I know you said you don't want to do lots of BD, but what I would do in your situation is start dh doing fr every day sometime between CD1 and 3, then when you start to see a fade-in on your OPK start dtd every day until you know O happened. Alternatively, wait until your +OPK and dtd once - I think that's what Zanacal did, and she got her girl.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    answered via PM but please let me know if you need any additional help!

thanks Drama and Mocha, you guys rock.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG thank you ladies. Ok, so I am not confused here...... I should not abstain even if my dh has a high sperm count??? I had it checked and said we were having trouble getting pregnant and his count was high and his motility/mobility was in the 90's. That scares me a lot!! So, you are saying that I should have him release everyday lets say starting on cd3 - 11 but NOT dtd and then on cd12 and CD13 DTD and have him release inside me as well as CD 14????? That would be 12 days of releasing, so that will lower sperm count???? Or have him release 3-11 and only dtd once when +OPK and through O???? Confused.....I know!! What if he is NOT on diet???? Trying to not give him any red meat but he refuses!! He's back on cranberry and that is it!! I might sneak folic acid in there again but he is reluctant. I am on diet......eating crap...yogurt and rice cakes and white rice and pasta, veggies which I love....no red meat. A little chicken here and there in the 2ww but nothing substantial. I am just so scared my diet is not good enough. I have lost a few pounds but cannot afford to really drop too much. Then I will be un 100 lbs!!!
    Last edited by Aprincessforme; June 5th, 2012 at 02:38 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully atomic will chime in again, but I don't think the risks of men over 35 abstaining have anything to do with sperm count.

As for when and how often to dtd - totally up to you! More times dtd give you a better chance of getting pregnant, but some women worry they 'll end up with too much sperm up there. Personally I felt that since I was doing so many other things to sway we could bd several times without ruining my sway, and for me it worked. Depending how quickly you want to get pregnant you could try just one attempt at O your first month and add more attempts the next month if you don't get your BFP.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have already done 2 0+12 attempts and have been on this diet for a while and really cannot do it anymore. I also am getting too old to take a break( I know with my boys we dtd everyday in my fertile window BUT that was with releasing inside me. So, I was thinking have dh release 3-11 once a day 2 if he wants...hee hee and then on CD 12 DTD and CD 13 then nothing on cd 14 or have dh release CD 3-10 then DTD on cd 11 and CD 12 only and nothing on CD 13 or 14. Or would it be better to release from 3-10 and then DTD on CD 11 and on CD 13. What do you think. I am thinking that DH and I didn't really do FR the whole month but during the time we wanted to conceive it was on which possibly upped his count......I don't know though. I wanted one attempt but I know that the last few months, 1 attempt has not worked!!!! But maybe I should just have dh FR 3-12 then DTD when I get a +OPK and thats it!!!
    Last edited by Aprincessforme; June 5th, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I were only going to have 2 attempts and I normally O'd on CD 14, I think I'd dtd on CD 13 and 14, or possibly CD 12 and 13. I don't think you want more than a 1 day cut-off at most if you want to get pregnant quickly. Make sure if you do decide to skip a day DH still releases on that day or you'll be undoing all the hard work of FR.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast