Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    It's an interesting theory but they only get 2 urine samples from 2 months. From there, they ASSUME that they continue to alternate if the months were opposites. What if that's not the actual pattern if there is actually a pattern? What if it's B/G/G/B? Also with fraternal twins, 50% are B/G so that kind of blows up the theory that only one gender will thrive each month!

With IVF, usually we have 50/50 gender splits.

None of us know who's right. This company has been around for a while and there is absolutely zero data or peer review to back up any claims. And anyone who uses 90% gives me pause.
    Def agree I think it would be better if they tested at least 3 samples. I decided it was worth a go but I know it's not proven in any way.
    Love being Mommy to my fab kids

2008 and my ectopic angel lost August 2008

???? 2014 Maybe a next time

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Y'know, I should just walk away from this thread but I do have to point out that there are reasons why medicines and procedures are published for peer review and not "sworn to secrecy" and having to sign confidentiality agreements - it's so people who are experts in many different fields, can go over extraordinary claims and investigate them. I'm sorry but I find it, as we Americans say "bass-ackwards" to sell a product based on privileged information that is not available for general review.

From the Urobiologics site itself: "This hypothesis has not been proven or backed by any scientific body. Also, no large scale clinical trials have been performed except our in-house studies and use of this concept on nearly 500 couples. We do not know the exact nature of the compounds involved at this time but we have some analytical data and observed that the difference between two cycles is clear and almost 95% women alternate. Those who are conceiving in appropriate cycles are getting the babies of their choice. The success rate appears to be approximately 90%."

This begs the question, if one was truly getting 90% success rate and have 500 couples, WHY would you not publish a study?? There are published studies done on 10 people that get tons of media coverage. A sample size of 500 with 90% success is HUGE. If you can prove that 95% of all women are having alternating cycles between conceiving a boy or a girl, that is the biggest news in reproductive endocrinology since Louise Brown. You would be freaking famous and wealthy beyond belief and more than that, you'd go down in history as the person who solved one of the hugest biological mysteries of all time. You would sit on that information, why?

I may not be able to debunk these claims on the basis of data (yet) but I know human nature and it is simply not plausible that anyone would sit on that information in order to sell preconception gender tests for 300/400 dollars a pop.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; August 29th, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wilma_five View Post
    They tell you to drop the diet, douches etc. because that can influence the outcome of the samples.

This is what they emailed me:

This is just to let you know that some customers who have been following other gender selection programs (diet plans, treatments like douching or body pH alteration using weird ways) along with our natural preconception method, have met with failure. This applies to post-conception test as well. Therefore, should you decide to go with our protocol, you are requested to leave other programs behind because urine is the first thing which gets altered by these artificial techniques.

So, you should choose only one tactis. Swaying or urobiologics, not both!
    I didn't know that when I signed up

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wilma_five View Post
    They tell you to drop the diet, douches etc. because that can influence the outcome of the samples.

This is what they emailed me:

This is just to let you know that some customers who have been following other gender selection programs (diet plans, treatments like douching or body pH alteration using weird ways) along with our natural preconception method, have met with failure. This applies to post-conception test as well. Therefore, should you decide to go with our protocol, you are requested to leave other programs behind because urine is the first thing which gets altered by these artificial techniques.

So, you should choose only one tactis. Swaying or urobiologics, not both!
    Hmm...would this not then indicate that either a) swaying can undo the "alternating months" thing and therefore swaying would still be a good idea or b) that your lifestyle as a whole can make their urine tests unreliable to begin with and are not anything to rely upon??

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly don't know, I'm very confused now No idea why I decided to do this! Seemed like it was worth a go at the time

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's why I hate stuff like this, just seems like it causes all this stress and has people even secondguessing their sways. :/

Ask yourself - what makes more sense - that our bodies would sway gender based on maternal condition and what baby has the best odds of survival to adulthood, or that we are alternating back and forth between boy and girl cycles for some mysterious reason that no one seems to know??

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally understand doing it. You simply want to give yourself the best chance. That makes total sense. There's no harm attempting in the months they tell you to and that way you don't second guess yourself when it comes to doing whatever you can go sway your odds. I just wish there was some actual proof. I see no harm trying though.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand that you signed up for it. I almost did! It playes with your mind big time isn't it?
    Loves of our lives:

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I signed up for it because in my mind it was worth a go and I figured if I did diet, supplements and tried in the months they said were best for a girl I'd have it all covered and I'd have a great chance of conceiving a girl. I wanted to try everything I can because having a baby girl means the world to me and DH and if we are unsuccessful this time we will try high tech next time around and I'm really hoping to avoid going down that road. Even if the Urobiologics test actually works I have probably messed up my samples as I was using swaying methods when I took the samples and I took my last sample on day 14 of my cycle assuming I would get AF on cd 28 but now it's cd 32 and I'm still waiting for it. So I doubt the reliability of their results based on that as well as just doubting it in general so more than likely I have wasted my money I just have a feeling they'll come back to me with some mad result as well, lol but if they do say one cycle is better than the other I agree there's no harm trying in that cycle. The whole thing definetely plays with your mind It prob sounds a bit mad but I figured if I was swaying and had the back up of ttc in a "girl" cycle then if I cheated a little with diet it wouldn't matter SO much as it was a "girl" cycle. Now when I say cheat on the diet I mean drinking a full sugar drink in the morning or between meals not having a 3 course meal!!
    Atomic, it does of course make more sense to me that maternal condition sways more than the magic alternating cycles I think sometimes when you want something so much logic goes out the window and when you see these places that offer you some hope of conceiving the gender you want then you want to give it a go even if it doesn't make perfect sense.
    Last edited by elle82; August 30th, 2012 at 06:05 AM.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just back from vacation. What's up Elle82?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast