Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dental work a couple of days before DTD

Does anyone know why affect (if any) dental work has? I'm getting my impacted wisdom tooth out on Monday, getting it done in the chair, so just lots of local anaesthetic, but he is going to have to dislocate my jaw and chip into the bone, so I think I'm going to be on heavy pain killers for a fair few days afterwards (codeine based), I'm due to ovulate on Thursday or Friday. What do you girls reckon about TTC ?? Will it be ok? What impact will the local anaesthetic and pain killers have?

I don't want to skip a month, but i also don't want to conceive, and then have serious issues because of the affects of the drugs?
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I asked Atomic about this before my second sway and she said dental work sways PINK! I never went though oops. You should go and get that all done babe!

And narcotic pain meds lower testosterone and also sway PINK!
    I learned this because I have a SIL addicted to them and she popped out 2 girls.
    I did the research last week and thought...wow.. dangerous way to sway.
    I don't recommend doing it on purpose though for anyone because well..
    they are addicting. You'll have to make the decision to TTC or not during this time..but if I were you I would honestly go with Motrin and see if it helps your pain first.
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; August 24th, 2012 at 02:38 AM.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that pain killers are harmful when ttc but he might also want to give you antibiotics if he thinks, and about that I don't know. However I have read several girls who said they took antibiotics and got girls. I would tell the dentist that you are trying to conceive, he will know if the pills are harmful. But you should defenitaly go, once you're pregnant, you won't be able to go and teeth can be very painful if not removed. I think you should be ok Lassie
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    I asked Atomic about this before my second sway and she said dental work sways PINK! I never went though oops. You should go and get that all done babe!

And narcotic pain meds lower testosterone and also sway PINK!
    I learned this because I have a SIL addicted to them and she popped out 2 girls.
    I did the research last week and thought...wow.. dangerous way to sway.
    I don't recommend doing it on purpose though for anyone because well..
    they are addicting. You'll have to make the decision to TTC or not during this time..but if I were you I would honestly go with Motrin and see if it helps your pain first.

Awesome!!!!! Thank you

The tooth definitely has to come out NOW. It's literally days away from cracking the tooth next to it - which of course means a hell of a lot more pain and dental work.

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingpink77 View Post
    I don't think that pain killers are harmful when ttc but he might also want to give you antibiotics if he thinks, and about that I don't know. However I have read several girls who said they took antibiotics and got girls. I would tell the dentist that you are trying to conceive, he will know if the pills are harmful. But you should defenitaly go, once you're pregnant, you won't be able to go and teeth can be very painful if not removed. I think you should be ok Lassie
    Thats true - i hadn't thought of that, but yes i think its probably routine to avoid any infections.

I'll let him know about the TTC - thanks for the advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassie1982 View Post
    Awesome!!!!! Thank you

The tooth definitely has to come out NOW. It's literally days away from cracking the tooth next to it - which of course means a hell of a lot more pain and dental work.
    Definitely do that work now, don't put it off! I haven't been in years because everytime I am not prego I say "I will go I will go after the baby"...and after my M/C I said "I need to go before I get prego again"... LoL
    GO!
    Sway Pink while you are at it!!!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You may find O is delayed after all that anyway!!

my understanding is that codeine is considered safe to use in pg so long as you're not in the third trimester (as always, with the caveat that it hasn't been adequately studied - but more studied than some things!!) Plus, it probably sways pink as would the dental work itself. I would go ahead and TTC if you feel up to it.

Hope you mend quickly and good luck!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingpink77 View Post
    I agree, you may be prescribed antibiotics which some will tell you sway blue. Just use antihistamine to control any increase in EWCM and you will be fine.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ