Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP! CBE OPK positive twice? Should we DTD again?

I am guessing this is happening because I am still breastfeeding (although frequency has not changed).

But I got a positive OPK on Wednesday at 3pm. The one that morning was negative. It remained positive on thursday morning and at 3pm on Thursday. It was negative on Thursday night at 8pm. I felt some pain at 6-7pm on Thursday and was having some tummy upset (gassy) at the same time. I assumed I ovulated around then.

I did not test this morning (friday), since I figured it would be negative. BUT, I noticed some EWCM (and I hadn't had much on wednesday or Thursday, but there was a little) around 3pm today...so I tested on the OPKs again...and got a smiley again!??!

We DTD on Wednesday night after just five days abstinence (we are TTC a girl). My husband is on licorice root and is wearing tighty whiteys. He takes Zyrtec daily for allergies (but was when we had our boys too). We were not really caring about timing. If we DTD tonight, it's only two nights after our first attempt. We were sorta going for a short abstinence (because of the licorice root and Zyrtec) with one attempt. But now I feel like we might miss the egg, if I am, in fact, ovulating within 48 hours of the latest smiley.

What do you think? WWYD in this situation?
    (I do realize that my body might be trying to ovulate and is having trouble. Possibly because of the diet, weight loss, and breastfeeding combined. But I would figure if it geared up to ovulate and couldn't, I would get estrogen-release bleeding and not have a back-to-back positive situation with just a small window of negative in between.)
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't get the estrogen release bleeding unless you've gone quite some time between O attempts.

OPK don't tell you whether you ovulated or not, they just register the amount of hormone present in your urine and sometimes your body just releases some hormone for whatever reason. You can have a pos OPK without ovulating, a neg. OPK and BE ovulating, you can get a pos long before you ovulate or even after you ovulate.

I would always be willing to try if I felt good about my sway otherwise. I really don't think frequency even sways by much and I would never waste a good month worrying about frequency because most of the women out there who have both boys and girls never gave it a thought and just DTD when they wanted to, and most couples tend to DTD every 2-5 days anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic. I wish it were more cut and dried!! Lol. I did check my cervix and take another OPK at 8pm last night to see what might be going on and my cervix was low and firm, mostly closed (as i have kids). And the OPK was negative both last night and this morning.

We DTD anyway last night, since it really wasn't going to hurt anything. I would rather have some swimmers in here to meet the egg, pink or blue aside.

I do believe that IF I did ovulate, which is not nearly a sure thing, it was thursday evening. Maybe my urine on Thursday night was diluted or something and it wasn't a true negative. Of maybe my body surged quickly again. Who knows. I just am hoping I DID ovulate. I am so over the guessing games that come with nursing!

But I am a lazy swayer anyway, so I am about as happy with my sway as I am going to be anyway. One or two little things like an extra release or being off in timing is not going to make or break my comfort level with the sway. I just panicked for a second
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!