Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic.... question.. I know that cardio will build and tone my muscles it has before so for my sway plan what are your thoughts on 4 weeks on an hour a day cardio and then the two weeks leading up to ovulation off then after ovulation back on again?? and so forth. Maybe even having to skip the month in between off and on??
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right few questions pls!!

I do an hour a day on the exercise bike (id like to go running but with the uk weather of darkness and rain I cant at the moment as its not safe after I finish work) So bike it is for now.

So far in 9 days I have lost 2kg. My Bmi is now 23.8. I am sticking to LE strictly.

I weighed myself this morning and I had gained!! Only a tiny amount but its the first gain since I started LE/exercise 9 days ago. I paniced!! My hubby said muscle weighs more than fat (which I know is true) But I thought I was supposed to be loosing muscle so know I am on a panic on if I should stop the exercise???? HELP!!!
    Last edited by dreamingofwin; January 16th, 2014 at 04:40 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

I've been a member for several months and while I've stalked I've never posted but as my girl sway approaches (this month) I will start clarifying some things that I'm not sure of. I joined a gym 4 months ago and have been doing four classes of body pump, spinning and aerobics (these always include light weights) weekly. I'm naturally thin but have very little muscle so I've really grown my muscles in these months though I'm still very slight. Should I just switch to spinning classes (not sure what they're known as in the US but perhaps group cycle classes?) or just run on the treadmill and elliptical? Plus I also do clinical Pilates with a physiotherapist weekly. There was a run on babies in my classes and all the girls had baby girls except me!

I have two boys conceived when I did 3 half hour runs a week.

In addition my husband has just begun running for twenty minutes, four times a week.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated on what I could do to improve my chances of a girl. I'm happy to exercise 6-7 times a week.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I am hearing from others is runners--marathoners get girls! I think a 30 minute run isn't good enough to really get your heart rate high and keep it there. Part of cardio is to have that elevated heart rate for a decent amount of time. I am going to start doing the treadmill. walking at a brisk pace is considered cardio as long as your heart rate elevates and stays that ways for at least 20 minutes. Treadmills don't build up muscle either.

On my bike i was using I saw zones for fat burning and cardio. For a 30 year old it said a heart rate of 159 or higher was considered the target rate for cardio.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so out of shape right now I have to stay around 30 minutes...I need to progress to that 1 hour time! It is such hard work to get back into shape. For me I want to make sure I am doing the 1 hr cardio for the 2 weeks before ovulation and the week after for sure too. Hoping that is good enough!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the exercise bug now! I think even if I don't get my girl at least Im getting fit in the process!!x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by deb View Post
    Hi all, I will be trying to sway pink this year. Have about 40 lbs to loose and have never exercised on a regular basis. Should I try to do the 60 minutes a day 6 days a week exercising or just continue not exercising? I work 12 hr shifts so I am a bit worried about working out on the days I work. I can work out 4 days in a row for sure because I always have at least 4 days off after I work my set of shifts. Also, I am worried I won't be able to keep up high intensity cardio for a full 60 minutes. Would walking/jogging on the treadmill for 60 minutes be good enough for a couch potato type like me or is it better to not work out at all?
    Any opinions appreciated
    We have gotten such great results with exercise that I feel like I have to recommend it for anyone who is able to include it. So far it's our best sway tactic by a good 15% percentage points and even though I know it's really tough, best sway means including it for anyone who won't waste away to nothing while doing it.

All it has to be is intense for YOU (walking is fine, meandering prob. isn't LOL) and if you can't make it the full 60 6-7 recommendation, we have bene having success even doing less than that. I would just have you stick with the 4 days a week 60 min. a day and let it go on the 12 hour days because I can't even imagine doing exercise after that!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow baby View Post
    Atomic.... question.. I know that cardio will build and tone my muscles it has before so for my sway plan what are your thoughts on 4 weeks on an hour a day cardio and then the two weeks leading up to ovulation off then after ovulation back on again?? and so forth. Maybe even having to skip the month in between off and on??
    Cardio really doesn't build muscle for ladies, without your eating a pretty nutrient-dense diet (and taking some pretty heavy hitting supps.) YOu may think you're getting more muscle but really all that's happening is that the fat melts away and reveals what was already there.

I think we see best results with consistent exercise. Taking 2 weeks off will only give your muscle time to rest and repair themselves and that is not what we're going for here.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingofwin View Post
    Right few questions pls!!

I do an hour a day on the exercise bike (id like to go running but with the uk weather of darkness and rain I cant at the moment as its not safe after I finish work) So bike it is for now.

So far in 9 days I have lost 2kg. My Bmi is now 23.8. I am sticking to LE strictly.

I weighed myself this morning and I had gained!! Only a tiny amount but its the first gain since I started LE/exercise 9 days ago. I paniced!! My hubby said muscle weighs more than fat (which I know is true) But I thought I was supposed to be loosing muscle so know I am on a panic on if I should stop the exercise???? HELP!!!
    I answered this in your other thread but it's totaly normal to have fluctuations in weight evne as much as 5 lbs with water and food in your stomach. It has nothing to do with adding muscle, it is impossible for women to add muscle unless they are eating very very nutrient dense diets.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast