Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidgetbeach View Post
    Hello,

I've been a member for several months and while I've stalked I've never posted but as my girl sway approaches (this month) I will start clarifying some things that I'm not sure of. I joined a gym 4 months ago and have been doing four classes of body pump, spinning and aerobics (these always include light weights) weekly. I'm naturally thin but have very little muscle so I've really grown my muscles in these months though I'm still very slight. Should I just switch to spinning classes (not sure what they're known as in the US but perhaps group cycle classes?) or just run on the treadmill and elliptical? Plus I also do clinical Pilates with a physiotherapist weekly. There was a run on babies in my classes and all the girls had baby girls except me!

I have two boys conceived when I did 3 half hour runs a week.

In addition my husband has just begun running for twenty minutes, four times a week.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated on what I could do to improve my chances of a girl. I'm happy to exercise 6-7 times a week.
    You ahve not added muscle unless you've gained weight and particularly on a higher protein diet. What happens is that you lose body fat (losing body fat sways pink as well BTW) and it makes it look as if your muscles have really grown but it's just that they['ve been revealed under the padding LOL.

That having been said I do think that straight cardio is better for pink than cardio + weights is, because using your muscle may raise T to some extent as well (regardless of whether you've gained). But I do see many gals who use light weights in exercising, getting girls so I know it's not a dealbreaker

agree that 3 half-hour runs is mod exercise that woudl swya blue.

Running for hubby is one thing shown in studies to sway pink so good for him.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    From what I am hearing from others is runners--marathoners get girls! I think a 30 minute run isn't good enough to really get your heart rate high and keep it there. Part of cardio is to have that elevated heart rate for a decent amount of time. I am going to start doing the treadmill. walking at a brisk pace is considered cardio as long as your heart rate elevates and stays that ways for at least 20 minutes. Treadmills don't build up muscle either.

On my bike i was using I saw zones for fat burning and cardio. For a 30 year old it said a heart rate of 159 or higher was considered the target rate for cardio.
    agree totally about runners and like I mentioned where men are concerned, it is one thing that's been even proven in studies - male long distance runners and bikers have way more daughters than the population as a whole.

I don't wnat you guys to get too into tracking the heart rate. Fro swaying pink we're finding that a lot of attention to detail and monitoring tangible things involving numbers etc. can harm the sway. For pink you want to go with the flow as much as is possible, and trying to get your heart rate into some particular zone is precisely the type of thing that may sway blue.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    I am so out of shape right now I have to stay around 30 minutes...I need to progress to that 1 hour time! It is such hard work to get back into shape. For me I want to make sure I am doing the 1 hr cardio for the 2 weeks before ovulation and the week after for sure too. Hoping that is good enough!
    You don't have to do super difficult exercise if that doesn't work for you, even walking for an hour can help.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    agree totally about runners and like I mentioned where men are concerned, it is one thing that's been even proven in studies - male long distance runners and bikers have way more daughters than the population as a whole.

I don't wnat you guys to get too into tracking the heart rate. Fro swaying pink we're finding that a lot of attention to detail and monitoring tangible things involving numbers etc. can harm the sway. For pink you want to go with the flow as much as is possible, and trying to get your heart rate into some particular zone is precisely the type of thing that may sway blue.

hahahahaha! Here I was just looking at heart rate monitor watches. whoa. Totally NOT buying one now! Gah!!!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    See makes me nervous as I am naturally a stress head always have been

Hubby has started cycling to work add back 4 days a week so that's positive! X

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We ALL are tho. That's the thing about all this. Almost to a one, the boy moms are control-freaks and perfectionists, it's not that we like stress, but it's that we inadvertently create stress for ourselves by trying to get everything to this unattainable level that we feel will make everythign "ok" - like, getting our heart rate to a perfect zone for a pink sway, KWIM??? - and it is very difficult to acknowledge that there are things out of our control.

But despite this, we are still getting girls. So it isn't hopeless!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK I have a question about this. I am 29 years old, ran cross country and track (long distance) through middle school, junior high, high school, college, and then I did 2 marathons in a year recently. My last marathon was in October 2013. Obviously I was training hard, running a lot of miles (20 mile runs on Sundays). Since my body has been a runner for all of my life, is it best for my pink sway to not exercise at all? I am also very petite (about 5 foot 1, 100 lbs). When I am running a lot, I am skinny but muscly "runner" legs if that makes sense. I have not run since the marathon, maybe just a few times, and my weight is the same, but my legs are not as toned, just thin. Does that make sense? So for me, running 60 minutes per day is something I have always done so I feel like that would not sway for me because it's what I do! Anyway, do you think it is best for me to just not exercise? Thanks!!
    DS then swayed for a DD in 2014...and got her! Now back to sway for a girl.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a crystal ball question that I just don't have enough info to say, and when that is the case it is a decision I must leave to you, I'm sorry!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to add some info for the new pink swayers. When I first started off my TTC journey I started off with strict LE & cardio little did I know I would stop Ov. I was already small to begin with (5'3 & 116lbs). My extremity and strictness on both got my down to 105lbs & a size 0 in clothes. I looked so anorexic and I was ok with it because that was what I though would be a great sway. As time passed I got frustrated with no Ov and my doctor told me I was underweight and that if I wanted to Ov needed to gain weight and be at a minimum of 115lbs. I slowly loosened up on LE but not exercise till recently that I was put on Clomid I was walking on the treadmill, but just now dropped all my exercise due to feeling fatigued. I'm now at 114lbs and probably swaying blue since dropping my intense cardio. With all this said PLEASE I advise you to not include intense cardio if you have nothing to spare, unless you want to waste to nothing. You will stop Ov I'm a great example of this . Just my 2 cents of advice
    Last edited by lovemy2blessings; January 26th, 2014 at 04:10 PM.
    DS1 DS2 DS3

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you lovemy2 - I still think you have lots of hope for pink!!

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast