Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much!
    How far in advance should I start the exercise program before TTC and sway pink? I'm remaining active this pregnancy and once I get clearance will start exercising after delivery but when should I start aiming for 6x a week for an hour?

Also I'm most likely going to buy a plan to conceive this time. But I have questions regarding them and what might be the best fit for me considering I'll be nursing and just have had a baby and a vegetarian. Is there a way to submit questions to you to see what would be a best fit?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Well, the worst thing you can do is start stressing about having stress. Do you see how that just makes matters worse?

The exercise has been great. There's no denying it. We can debate about who had failed sways because of this, that, the other thing, being a control freak, or whatever, but exercise has had darn good results. So as a general rule it's best to do the exercise if you can. You'll get used to it over time and it will become a lifestyle thing.

Your weight is by far and away more a reason to not exercise than stress. YOu will need to up cals accordingly and I'd probably start off with 4 days a week on the exercise and see how it goes. If weight flies off anyway, it's ok to drop it.

All that having been said I did not exercise and still got a girl. not I nor anyone can tell you what would give you the best odds, all I can do is look back at what has worked the most often for others, and that is exercising. But that doesn't mean you have to do it or even that you should.

Good luck and pink dust!!
    Thanks! I'm already feeling less stressed about it after reading this! I'm really going to give it a try and keep up with my 1 h brisk walking at least 5 or 6 times a week, as long I don't loose to much weight, if I do I happily just eat some more candy wouldn't that be enough to prevent further weight loss?

I have always walked a lot, but more like 30 minutes here and there. I always try to walk or take the bike instead of taking the car when I'm going somewhere.
    Last edited by Inhope; January 12th, 2017 at 10:53 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    So take what I say with a grain of salt, but for fellow crazy Type A stress-mongers like myself: I got a girl. I had all that sort of stress right before conceiving my DD, but not with swaying (since I didn't know about it). I was OBSESSED with getting pregnant, obsessed with getting to the lowest weight I could before gaining weight with pregnancy (I have an ED). I had to control everything. My SIL had literally just told me she was pregnant again right around when I was ovulating, and I don't think I can accurately convey how competitive and determined I was to GET THAT EGG, haha.

So what I'm saying is: I have all the personality markers for having a boy. The stress, the perfectionism, the focus on doing everything right. There's some quiz based on Travers study* (I know I'm misremembering this) on here somewhere that predicts what the sex of your child would be on how your personality was around conception: I took it and I had a 95% chance of a boy based on just that, haha.

But I had a very LE lifestyle and exercised a ton. I think those factors trump personality and stress dramatically.

The real issue for you would be less stress and more not losing weight, imo. Like atomic said, the cardio seems like a big girl sway tactic, and I have to agree.
    Thanks for sharing this, I really appreciate it! It's really good to hear that I'm not alone with my type of personality Like I wrote earlier I already feel less stressed about it, just by reading what you wrote! I'm really going to give it a try and keep up with 1 h brisk walk, 5-7 days a week.

What kind of ED did you have? if you don't mind I'm asking?! Did you recover from it when you get pg?
    Last edited by Inhope; January 12th, 2017 at 10:59 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Marileigh View Post
    So, I thoug I had the exercise figured out and now I'm confused?? I'm 5'4, 115lbs, almost no muscle and pretty out of shape. I've been aiming to ride bike 30 min a day, 4-5 days per week. Is this a good idea or should I just drop it altogether??

So sorry for all the questions today!
    If you have PCOS or insulin resistance or more than 30-50 lbs to lose, this amount of exercise is ok. Everyone else it is best to do 60 min. at least 4 times a week.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Scurlys View Post
    Thank you so much!
    How far in advance should I start the exercise program before TTC and sway pink? I'm remaining active this pregnancy and once I get clearance will start exercising after delivery but when should I start aiming for 6x a week for an hour?

Also I'm most likely going to buy a plan to conceive this time. But I have questions regarding them and what might be the best fit for me considering I'll be nursing and just have had a baby and a vegetarian. Is there a way to submit questions to you to see what would be a best fit?
    You just need the personalized plan. That's all. there's really only two options, the personalized plan and the plan that isn't personalized for people who just want to buy something right away. then you can decide if you want the diet and books too or not. With a personalized plan I'd then make your plan to take into account your nursing and stuff.

I would want you to wait at least 3 months before starting the intense exercise.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhope View Post
    Thanks! I'm already feeling less stressed about it after reading this! I'm really going to give it a try and keep up with my 1 h brisk walking at least 5 or 6 times a week, as long I don't loose to much weight, if I do I happily just eat some more candy wouldn't that be enough to prevent further weight loss?

I have always walked a lot, but more like 30 minutes here and there. I always try to walk or take the bike instead of taking the car when I'm going somewhere.
    Yes just eat more if you lose weight. Not just candy, eat good foods too.

Usually when people get into trouble with exercise, they are running and eating very low cals too.

7. Thanks Inhope thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhope View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, I really appreciate it! It's really good to hear that I'm not alone with my type of personality Like I wrote earlier I already feel less stressed about it, just by reading what you wrote! I'm really going to give it a try and keep up with 1 h brisk walk, 5-7 days a week.

What kind of ED did you have? if you don't mind I'm asking?! Did you recover from it when you get pg?
    I had anorexia nervosa; I was at my worst in my teens, including a brief stint in a juvenile psychiatric ward, but it had been more or less managed for several years. I started to relapse in the spring before we conceived my DD (I conceived her in the fall) because I knew we were going to start trying in the summer and quickly became obsessed with getting to a low weight through unhealthy means because I was so scared of the pregnancy weight gain.

I more or less was forced to recover in pregnancy, because that weight gain happened no matter how much I ate :P

Now the real struggle is keeping those unhealthy thoughts and habits at bay postpartum, since I want to have a boy!

9. Thanks Inhope, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes dancingdiva88 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I had anorexia nervosa; I was at my worst in my teens, including a brief stint in a juvenile psychiatric ward, but it had been more or less managed for several years. I started to relapse in the spring before we conceived my DD (I conceived her in the fall) because I knew we were going to start trying in the summer and quickly became obsessed with getting to a low weight through unhealthy means because I was so scared of the pregnancy weight gain.

I more or less was forced to recover in pregnancy, because that weight gain happened no matter how much I ate :P

Now the real struggle is keeping those unhealthy thoughts and habits at bay postpartum, since I want to have a boy!
    Thanks for sharing! Good luck with your blue sway

11. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would it be ok if I walk, let say 15 minutes, then stop by at the grocery store to quickly buy some food etc for about 10 minutes, (I will continue to walk in the store, but not so fast though ) and then continue with 45 minutes brisk walk. I would in other words be active for 1 hour and 10 minutes but only do the brisk walk for 1 h. I guess that what I'm wondering is if it ok to take a 10 minutes (active) shopping at the start or the end of the exercise, and then continue the exercise (brisk walk)? Do you understand how I mean?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that's fine provided you aren't having a snack in the middle of the exercise.

14. Thanks Inhope thanked for this post
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast