Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SMEP? i had a look and cldnt find what it stands for? sorry!
    DD 2011
    DD 2012
    2014 TTC
    DS due 2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sperm meets egg plan Sperm Meets Egg Plan
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so thankful for this list, thank you so much for taking the time

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what does EOD mean??
    Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15
    Clomid and IUI #1 - 12/16 was unsuccessful
    Clomid and IUI #2 - 1/10/17 SUCCESS! Currently carrying baby#2!!!
    Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nann3r View Post
    what does EOD mean??
    Every other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

6. Thanks Nann3r thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ...which means unprotected sex every other day.

I just got a q that had some confusion as to whether I ever wanted any husbands to RELEASE every other day on their own. I DON'T. It may deplete sperm count more than the regular release every 2-4 days, so it gains you NOTHING for a blue sway or upping odds of conception, and at the same time it is not enough release to sway pink either so it's kind of the worst of all worlds. Does not up odds of conception, may be too pink for blue sways and too blue for pink ones.

If you want to do EOD (for a blue sway, don't do it for pink) it has to be unprotected sex every other day. NOT RELEASE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Abbreviation Translation!

what do you mean by release? In regards to unprotected sex. I mean I know what release means.. So ur encouraging unprotected sex EOD without DH finishing inside?? Sorry I'm a newbie here!

Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15
    Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a complex thing to explain and it's probably easiest if everyone just does what I tell them to do LOL but I'll try to fill in the blanks...it is a combination of swaying, trying to keep timing for people who want it, and also guarding against husbands being unable to perform when the fertile window is open.

Release means husband takes care of his own business or with you, with a condom. He ejaculates, either inside or not inside. Regular release every 2-4 days (no matter where or how this occurs) helps increase sperm count and quality as much as it is possible to improve it. Release every other day, is also great for quality but may make for slightly fewer sperm per batch.

Regular exposure to the hormones in your partner's semen may sway blue. Since timing does not sway, those of us who no longer believe in it (because we got so many opposites with it, usually) are often open to trying a different type of pattern even if it means we have Shettles pink timing, and one of the things we are using to good effect is having unprotected sex regularly even when you're not fertile. Some people do believe in timing and they don't want to do that, which is also fine (and they should stick to the 3 attempts at pos OPK method after having husband release on his own every 2-4 days.)

Many of us who have lots of boys got them by BD every other day, that's just the way we tend to BD on average. Then when we were actively TTC we'd have an additional couple of attempts around O. This is very much similar to the pattern I tend to advocate for blue swayers (BD every 2-4 days plus 3 attempts around pos OPK) The reason I am not necessarily advocating EOD BD for blue swayers (even though many of us with all boys, got boys that way) is the problem is that blue swayers' husbands sometimes run out of steam with EOD and cannot continue thru O. THis is the worst case scenario because it is very possible to have one of the EOD rounds fall on O-2 and then hubby can't manage to BD again until after ovulation, leaving you with one attempt in the fertile window and Shettles timing to boot!!! So it's bad for the 3 attempts and it's bad for timing, everyone's unhappy.

Long story short do this: Have hubby release every 2-4 days either unprotected with you if you're not a timing believer, OR on his own or with a condom if you do believe in SHettles timing. Then go for 3 attempts at positive OPK.

not that: Don't have hubby release every other day and then try for the 3 attempts at pos OPK. If you MUST do EOD be sure it's inside and even then it feels like a big gamble to me because he can run out of steam leaving you "stranded" with one attempt in fertile window.

The only exception is the handful of people whose husbands can really go that often and do regularly. In my experience about 95% of blue swayers' husband's can't do it and it is just really, really a big risk to take.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay it all totally makes sense now.. I don't know for certain obviously, but I think my husband would be thrilled to do the deed three times in a 12 hour window!!!! Lol at only 24 years old he pretty much likes to BD any opportunity that we get but again who knows! I'll do whatever it take tho to increase my odds of course and thankfully DH is totally on board. Thank you so much for the clarification Atomic!

Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AT 24 you can assume the rules will be different for you guys than for someone whose husband is 44 or even 54, we have several hubbies in that age range and thus my concerns!!!

13. Likes Nann3r liked this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast