Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Eating habits before AF?

Right, I've been soo good at working the LE principles into my life (OH still havent sorted my paypal so not dream member yet grrr). But then AF came on visit today and it's all gone out the window. I start craving food and sweets like man and like the weak little worm I am I give in. Only time of month I didn't have the willpower to say NO there's only x hours to next meal.

But is it OK to go absolutely mad on the day/days before AF as long as you get back on the train when its there? (Like, I've scoffed like mad all day - then when AF comes the cravings are gone).

And can you give me some advice to stop the cravings? I've heard chromium supps should help, but is chromium OK on the LE diet?

So annoying >_< But I completely loose my will to not eat when AF approaches and it's not voluntary at all. My body just screams for food and sugar. It usually starts about 1 - 2 days before AF comes, but is really bad either the evening before or the day AF arrives.
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    great question and am waiting to see what others say.
    Mom to 10 8 7 1.5 and 2 step daughters 14 and 15
    2002, 2008, 2009 (boy trisomy 12), 2010, 2012 (my first attempt at swaying pink resulting in a girl), 1/2013.

Praying for a healthy

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think 1 or 2 days out of 30 isn't going to ruin your sway. Most of us have a day every now and then. Some things I have found is to find a LE friendly snack that you enjoy and if the urge strikes to eat that( I go with tahini and strawberry jelly on a low salt corn tortilla or swiss cheese). Also if there is a certain thing you crave (chips for instance) try to find a lower calorie,lower salt one or do as a normal dieter does and just don't buy any of that stuff so it's not in your house for easy access. Another tactic is to have a little bit of what you crave and then switch to the LE stuff to fill you up. I think you mostly want to avoid snacking all day as this will keep blood sugar up, so if you normally are eating 5 times a day(3 meals and 2 snacks say) bringing it down by even 1 or 2 less going to be less then average for you. Also I read a post in which Atomic said that if your eating sweets it's good to do it right before bed so you crash when your sleeping. I have always found that dairy helps my pms so even though I don't normally drink milk on the LE, I will usually have a glass around af. Hope some of this helps.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing is, I can completely control my cravings all other days EXCEPT the 24-48hrs before AF. Its as if my body goes into starvation mode and genuinely believes that for some reason its not getting what it needs and therefore craves food like I've not eaten for weeks.

All other days, I'm fine. Like today - I'm on the third day of AF and went shopping, after one meal during the day (no snacks) and didn't even feel tempted to buy sweets or a sandwich. Had it been the day before AF i'd have been all over the chocolate aisle and inhaled every sugary treat in the vicinity. It's really odd.. I don't know why my body reacts like this o-O
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd have you skip chromium if you can, I think it could potentially sway blue.

On LE Diet, cheating now and then is allowed. it can be a good idea to plan for cheats, that way rather than nibbling a bit all day only to say "eh F-it, I need a hot dog" you can start off with the hot dog, plan for it, be satisfied, and skip the nibbling beforehand.

It's not carte blanche to cheat nonstop, it's just that you CAN cheat now and then with no harm done. Keep it minimal and try to stay within your day's totals and it's all good.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    totally normal BTW - I think women get hungry at O, at AF, and sometimes right in between possibly becos that's when an egg might implant. Expect it and you can nip it in the bud.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the great question!