Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does when you got your first period have any influence on fertility?

I was curious if your eggs or fertility age would be younger/older depending on when you got your first period, anyone know? I would think if you didn't start till a later age you only started ovulating at a certain age and vice versa. Thoughts? When did you get your first period?
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure that it really matters. Although I didn't get mine until 13 and 10 months and later when I discovered I have pcos, that seems to be the norm for pcos suffers. A later starting period at puberty. Of course, not everyone who starts menstruating later has pcos. I can't see how it would effect your fertility though. You have a certain amount of eggs and when they are used up they are used up. But if you are older trying to conceive then those eggs that may still be there might not be as good quality. I think a lot of other things come into play when you think of overall fertility though, such as diet, exercise, supplements (vitamins), whether you drink/smoke, how healthy you are overall and how well you take care of your body. Even mentally how stressed and relaxed you are. If you do meditation/yoga can make a difference. Looking at your body as a whole (mind, body, spirit) and keeping it healthy inside and out is one of things that makes the biggest difference. Then of course, there are people who do all the right things and still struggle. But luckily there are a lot of options out there for people now and most will be able to have a baby with or without a little assistance.
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was 13 as well
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not until age 15 for me.

I personally don't think it plays a factor.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    10 (( I was worried when I read this post so had a google seems their is no relation to early periods and menopause, the more children you have looks like it increases your fertile window and to look at your mother and sisters for genetics is what you can go by. Unless other factors are involved and just because you start your periods early dosn't mean your ovulating. So who really knows. I just noticed I read the post wrong ahhhh I'll post in anywayz I typed it!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it matters. I got my first period at 12.

For the first few years your body's learning how to cycle anyways and many of your early cycles are anovulatory. In the overall scheme of things, a year or two earlier/later isn't going to noticeably affect ovarian reserves either way.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't get my first period till i was 17 1/2 and i don't have pcos. I was just a late bloomer as my sis and mom both got theirs at 16. Just curious.
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got mine at 13, my eldest DD got hers at 13 and DD#2 will be 12 in Feb and still doesn't have hers although most people in her class do already. My mother is 54 and has only just hit peri-menopause. I think we are later bloomers!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i was 11
    due 25th june
    in shock both blue sways worked!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads