Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much does Frequency sway???

I'm starting to think about my sway for this coming month. (I'm not out yet this cycle as AF is due in 2 days, but I got a BFN this morning so figured I should start thinking just incase)

I've been on the diet for 6 weeks super strict - no cheats, nothing! By next attempt it'll be 8 weeks and before that my diet was almost always veggie and relatively 'girly'. All that to say our diet component is strong. My issue right now is frequency. We want to get pregnant - the next 2 months is literally the goal and it basically has to happen for several reasons. (I know it's not a guarantee but both my boys we got pregnant first try so I know we're relatively fertile)

This month we did abstain with one attempt 2 days before O, maybe 3. That one attempt almost didn't happen - DH cannot perform under pressure. With both our other sons we would abstain (not intentionally) for a week and then BD for 4-5 days right through O with max 2 attempts in a day. Some of those attempts almost didn't happen as DH definitely felt pressure. I'm almost confident a long FR wouldn't be possible and he doesn't 'help' himself out ever so that's not an option. I even worry that hurry up FR might not happen and with abstain only giving you one shot.. What are our options? How high on the list for swaying is frequency? We aren't doing much else besides diet, rephresh and antihistamines so we don't have a huge sway as is. So confused as to what we should do regarding the frequency issue!
    Last edited by black&gold; January 6th, 2013 at 08:17 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know the answer for sure, but I do know it's something that I ended up abandoning. I had a strong diet, took all my supps and used rephresh, and had 2 attempts a day apart 3 days and 1 day before ovulation. It worked, I fell pregnant, but I don't know what I'll have. I fretted to Atomic and she said that the amount it swayed would not be enough to "make or break" and otherwise good sway. And in the words of NBP it's all about and overall change, not one or two specific things.

Good luck whatever you decide! x
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    frequency would sway (pink) as much as low sperm count does, and the study I read said that men with low sperm count have 6% more daughters or something like that so it's not a big percentage. None of the things that sway do so by a massive percentage, but they probably do all add up!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    frequency would sway (pink) as much as low sperm count does, and the study I read said that men with low sperm count have 6% more daughters or something like that so it's not a big percentage. None of the things that sway do so by a massive percentage, but they probably do all add up!
    Do we have any idea how much diet sways? Is doing a super strong diet for 2+ months a strong sway already or is it sort of pointless if you aren't adding any other tactics?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diet sways the most out of everything, so I'd say diet alone is still a great sway if you do it to the letter. Atomic will probably weigh in at some point. x
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if the only thing you do for your sway is diet (plus skipping breakfast) I'd say you have a good shot of getting a girl! your hormones and pH will be lowering, as will body condition and blood glucose, so all of those sway pink

all of the other things will nudge the odds more in pink favour on top of that

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Abstain and cutoff is not at all effective for getting pg. If I only had 2 months to get pg I would not even remotely entertain the idea of cutoff, it's not going to work.

I personally do not feel frequency sways much when viewed in the bigger lens of an overall sway. It may sway slightly if people were doing nothing else to sway, but when you start throwing diet, RepHresh, antihistamine in the mix the slight diff. frequency may make falls by the wayside totally (BTW - diet, RepHresh, and antihistamine is actually a pretty strict sway!)

What I would do personally is forget frequency all together and aim for one attempt the night of pos OPK. Keep RepHresh and antihistamine the first month and drop them the second.

giving it to you straight here - if you REALLY only have 2 months to get pg, drop RepHresh, antihistamine, frequency and have more than one attempt. If you don't get pg, you have NO chance at a girl.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MSBLAKELY View Post
    Do we have any idea how much diet sways? Is doing a super strong diet for 2+ months a strong sway already or is it sort of pointless if you aren't adding any other tactics?
    Diet is the strongest sway tactic there is by far. All the rest of the stuff is just trying to imitate diet. I believe a good diet alone is better than no diet and all other sway tactics in combination.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    But only if all men are equally susceptible to frequency, and I'm not totally sure we can assume that. I think there are plenty of guys out there who can make a cr--load of sperm with abstain and/or FR. Maybe a better way to say it is frequency could ~potentially~ sway 6%...if that makes any sense!?!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Abstain and cutoff is not at all effective for getting pg. If I only had 2 months to get pg I would not even remotely entertain the idea of cutoff, it's not going to work.

I personally do not feel frequency sways much when viewed in the bigger lens of an overall sway. It may sway slightly if people were doing nothing else to sway, but when you start throwing diet, RepHresh, antihistamine in the mix the slight diff. frequency may make falls by the wayside totally (BTW - diet, RepHresh, and antihistamine is actually a pretty strict sway!)

What I would do personally is forget frequency all together and aim for one attempt the night of pos OPK. Keep RepHresh and antihistamine the first month and drop them the second.

giving it to you straight here - if you REALLY only have 2 months to get pg, drop RepHresh, antihistamine, frequency and have more than one attempt. If you don't get pg, you have NO chance at a girl.
    Thank you for this!! Definitely has changed my plans a little as we are on month two. Was wondering if I should be dropping rephresh and antihistamines so I will most likely drop it or use it very minimally!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast