Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Idea for displaying gender swaying stats...

Hi,

I’ve been reading all the stats as I’m trying to sway pink - I’m wondering if there’s any common denominator that may have made sways successful despite other factors. I’m wondering if someone with the information would be kind enough to display our stats in a slightly different way to see if we can find one common thing that could be helping sways. Eg. Low everything diet or exercise. What are your thoughts atomic? I’ve drawn a diagram of how results could be displayed x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes momtobe3 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That would take literal months of work for someone, it would have to be an unpaid volunteer as giving a person money to do that would be unethical and could skew results, and it would be pointless because most of the combinations of things would have miniscule sample sizes and would be useless data.

Plus, it would only be a mere snapshot of a moment in time and would lack the perspective that comes from watching these numbers go up and down over the course of time in a larger context. I know it's hard to understand but we have way more, better information that we gleaned during other times that was actually by far more informative than what the stats are saying here and now...the data gathered from times our success rates were lower actually tells us way more about what is really working than the data we have now, when our results are high. Many things that are actually doing nothing (and we know they're doing nothing since we know from the past they didn't work) are now piggybacking on the success of the things that DO work. To put it another way - if diet is working, but a baby outfit under the bed isn't working, but most people do the baby outfit anyway just for fun...this makes a baby outfit under the bed look super effective even though it's really doing nothing.

People have done that type of analysis both here and on Ingender and ended up drawing completely wrong conclusions about these bizarre weird combinations of things (like taking 3 things that DON'T WORK, combining them, supposedly "proving" that people who did those three things got more girls (aka statistical fluke), reporting loudly everywhere "these are the three things that will get you girls" then having people do those things and then watch the statistics for all of them drop like a stone - which happens again and again and again when people hear about something that supposedly gets great results). Then, 6 months later, someone does the entire thing again, comes up with some other weird combinations of things, and the same thing happens. It just doesn't tell us anything. It only misleads.

Since I've been doing this for 10 years, and have watched all this happen again and again, I really do feel that none of this stuff is worth anyone's time because swaying just doesn't WORK that way - there's never going to be some magic recipe of things that if only we do them just so, make us have a boy or a girl 100% of the time. it makes much more sense to me that there is simply some set amount we human beings are able to easily sway and then there is likely an upper ceiling upon that, that we can't really crack. Because if swaying ever could be 100%, there would be someone out there, some tribe or culture or religious group that had mostly boys or mostly girls because of sheer dumb luck, but the fact is that it's 50-50 whereever you go and thus the only conclusion I can draw from that, is that at least some of this has to be relatively impossible to change.

Additionally, some things that ~should~ sway biologically don't always show up clearly in our results. Things like breastfeeding, conceiving after a miscarriage, getting pregnant coming off birth control and a few other things appear less effective than I truly believe them to be (and I'm happy to explain why if you would like) - I think all those things sway pink in a big way. So by focusing too heavily on the results we very well may end up getting rid of some things that can really help a lot, to our detriment.

The unfortunate truth is, statistics on swaying sites are really barely better than entertainment purposes only. Everyone is doing 700 things to sway, some of us - say, with 3-4-5 boys or girls - may be coming into it way more "set" than people with only 1 or 2, plus there are gobs of things out there in the world that may be swaying that we don't even KNOW about yet. For example, the one attempt, no one even guessed was swaying, so things that used one attempt (such as timing and frequency patterns) looked more effective than they were, when all along it was the one attempt that was working. So even if we analyzed those things, we have no way to know if the conclusions we draw from our analysis are even correct or if we are missing a huge piece of the puzzle. I have an essay all about the shortcomings of the stats here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...hts-stats.html

The things that are really truly working are a) the things that have, over the course of time (not necessarily the stats as they sit here and now, this month, but over the course of time) improved the numbers over the success rate of the site as a whole and cannot be piggybacking on more effective sway tactics - since they ARE the more effective sway tactics, LOL. And b) gotten better results for those using it than not using it. If something is getting identical to the success rate of the site and people not using it are getting the same success rate as those who are using it, it is ~probably~ not working (but it really still may be if biologically it's doing something that isn't being reflected in our results right now, like breastfeeding and TTC coming off the pill)

What has consistently seemed to work for us so far is LE Diet longer than 12 weeks plus fiber, coffee, alcohol, and dropping probiotics and multivitamins; cardio exercise 4-7 days a week, 60 minutes a day; one attempt; Clomid or Femara if you can get them; jogging/biking and smoking for DH. Pregnitude/myoinositol for those who need it but not everyone needs it and those who don't need it, shouldn't take it.. Maybe breastfeeding, coming off BCP, conceiving after a miscarriage for DW, maybe OLE and soy milk for DH.

These things, luckily, are fairly easy to see and spot. Whenever there has been a strong trend in the direction of something swaying, it jumped out at us. Things that are super ridiculously hard to spot, that require magic combinations of this plus that plus some other thing (none of which appear to work on their own) are really not very likely to work overall.

I get that this is a really irritating answer I'm giving you here. But trust me on this - it would be SOOOO easy for me to just be all like "y'all just do what's in the stats" and then stand back and not try to interfere with that. But I really really really want you guys to get your desired gender. The truth is that our stats are super misleading for a variety of reasons and I would not be doing you guys any favors at all if I encouraged you to take them even more seriously than people already do and waste even more time and energy poring over them than people do already.

Fact - our results for pink are better than ever before. We have quicker times to conception and fewer miscarriages than the other sites. We are on the right track here and so I really urge you guys to just do what has revealed itself as the best sway and let go of the statistical analysis (because I even had a statistician analyze the stats already! I promise I'm looking out for your best interests here and have done my due diligence in the stats department) Not only does it not work to dwell on the stats, it actually can undermine your sway by making you so "control-freaky" and all detail oriented that you end up swaying blue trying to find the magic pink recipe that doesn't exist.

Please, please please feel free to ask any follow up questions, because I know this stuff is quite confusing and I"m happy to explain till it all falls into place.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianBlossom View Post

Hi,

I’ve been reading all the stats as I’m trying to sway pink - I’m wondering if there’s any common denominator that may have made sways successful despite other factors. I’m wondering if someone with the information would be kind enough to display our stats in a slightly different way to see if we can find one common thing that could be helping sways. Eg. Low everything diet or exercise. What are your thoughts atomic? I’ve drawn a diagram of how results could be displayed x

What is j and d?

I had a girl when I was drinking LOTS of coffee in my life and low cal, lost 10 extra pounds diet. I was not on any vitamins or sups

My son- I drank some diet pop and had a hearty diet. 10 pounds heavier when conceiving him. I also may have started a prenatal. he was more planned.

-Mama Meg
    TTC 2018

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow thanks for this in depth reply atomic.

I know I’m crazy about maths and science and trying to find answers - but as we know there are no straight forward answers to science especially where Mother Nature is involved.... my brain likes there to be straight answers lol and I’m wracking it to try and get one. I know in this situation I’m going to have to let Mother Nature decide ultimately, all I can do is sway.

Very thankful for such an in depth reply and every word makes great sense - I’m just one of these people that’s desperate to get my head around things like this and i know after all the experience of the people on this site - nobody has their head round it entirely! I hope in my lifetime there’s a scientific breakthrough with gender selection naturally - I’d just love to know - even in years to come when I’m not ttc anymore x

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve been reading about KY jelly lowering PH and lowering sperm count which sways pink... how does lowering sperm count sway pink? Does that mean there are different properties that make the x and y different apart from obviously one being male and one female (obvs) maybe theres some truth in what shettles suggested? I’m struggling to get my head round how lowering sperm count sways pink - although I love this! X

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a straightforward answer, but the answer is that it's likely just not possible to get to 100%, that's all. At least not with existing knowledge and technology.

I was wondering if you've seen the actual spreadsheet? It really is more in the format of what you're suggesting already and after I replied last night I started thinking "hmm maybe she hadn't found that yet". https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...oRWN0/htmlview

I intend to do a writeup of the statistician's findings SOON but I haven't had the time yet. Pretty much confirmed everything we'd already concluded, with a couple of minor exceptions that I disagree with her conclusions on for the reasons I explained above.

Also, you may be interested in this set of essays I wrote about ways I think about swaying and chance that may help shed some light on the entire thing here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...s-swaying.html and here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...-swaying-odds=

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianBlossom View Post
    I’ve been reading about KY jelly lowering PH and lowering sperm count which sways pink... how does lowering sperm count sway pink? Does that mean there are different properties that make the x and y different apart from obviously one being male and one female (obvs) maybe theres some truth in what shettles suggested? I’m struggling to get my head round how lowering sperm count sways pink - although I love this! X

We don't know how it works. It's simply that everything that seems to lower sperm count and sperm numbers at the egg appears to sway pink. Now, that having been said, some of the "lowering sperm count/numbers" stuff has not panned out as effective using those criteria I mentioned above - getting better than the overall succcess rates of the site, and getting better results for people using them than not using them. pH stuff, antihistamine, frequency have all been very disappointing so I would suggest not getting too hung up on them. Give em a go the first month or two, but then start dropping them to boost odds of conception while still doing things that are proven to actually work.

Now, if you want my speculation as to why lower sperm count might sway, the larger evolutionary reason is that I suspect less sperm indicates to the body that there is either not a daddy around regularly to help protect the young (and girls tend to survive better in that situation) and/or that the maternal/paternal physical condition is less healthy overall (again, girls tend to survive better in that situation). Or both.

But the biological, practical reason I theorize is either that something about fewer sperm send a message that cause more X than Y sperm to "wake up" and be ready to fertilize the egg - sperm have some unknown form of communication where they coordinate their periods of dormancy and activity to always have some sperm ready to fertilize any egg that shows up and I think this might be a method of gender selection. Or, that something about actual numbers of sperm trying to penetrate the eggshell give X or Y an advantage - more sperm may benefit Y for some reason, fewer may benefit X. But this is all just theory. I prefer that instead of worrying too much about the theory, that you guys just do what has worked for most people most of the time.

X and Y sperm swim the same speed, live the same length of time, and are only just barely different in size. Dr. Shettles' claims are as debunked as anything in science can be - he was wrong, we know why he was wrong, we know the exact mistake he made, and all subsequent research has proven that his claims are untrue. https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html and https://genderdreaming.com/forum/swa...m-y-sperm.html But, it's better to be lucky than good so who knows, maybe Dr. Shettles was in the parking lot of the ballpark of what reality is. (don't count on it though! )

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by momtobe3 View Post
    What is j and d?

I had a girl when I was drinking LOTS of coffee in my life and low cal, lost 10 extra pounds diet. I was not on any vitamins or sups

My son- I drank some diet pop and had a hearty diet. 10 pounds heavier when conceiving him. I also may have started a prenatal. he was more planned.

J and D is jump and dump - getting up after intercourse and going to the bathroom, getting rid of excess semen.

10. Likes momtobe3 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    J and D is jump and dump - getting up after intercourse and going to the bathroom, getting rid of excess semen.
    Ohhhh does that tend to sway pink? Never heard of it.

-Mama Meg
    TTC 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by momtobe3 View Post
    Ohhhh does that tend to sway pink? Never heard of it.

Based on the theory that lower sperm numbers sway pink, we decided to use it as a possible sway tactic and then in our results it did seem to add a small statistical improvement so I do recommend it at least to start with for pink.

Since you want blue you should try to stay laying flat for 15-30 minutes or longer before getting up.

13. Thanks momtobe3 thanked for this post
    Likes momtobe3 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast