Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Siblings with close birthdays

I'm on CD 21 and am on my 2nd day of a "high" fertility reading on my clear blue advanced ovulation test (it is suppose to read high for 2 days and peak for 2 days). I was "supposed" to ovulation 2 weeks ago (based on past cycles) and I knew that would put my EDD in the same month as DS1 and I didn't think it was a big deal. However now my EDD (if we conceived of course) would be the day of DS1's birthday. The birthdays we have so far are spaced equally one in March, one in June, and one in September. We haven't made an attempt yet and I'm looking for any experience with siblings with really close birthdays and the pros and cons. Do you think it matters that it will be a 7 year difference as oppose to siblings close in age with close birthdays?
    Jamie
    Mama to
    Nathaniel (Nate or Nathan) (03/26/08) Logan (06/12/10) and BFP on 12/28/2011 after using swaying techniques from Gender Dreaming leading to Emma (09/06/2012)
    BFP on 7/13/14 Due 3/28/15 hoping for another

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When this baby is born we will have a dec (Christmas Eve) birthday, January (dh), feb (this baby), March (ds1) birthdays. I just shop the other half of the year and save up so I don't have to spend so much at one time and we'll do birthday parties every other year-ish. My bday is in June.
    praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mine aren't THAT close but are two weeks apart and also in the same month as Christmas (my 4th son's bday is 3 days away from Christmas) and I ended up liking it that way. It doesn't detract from the festivities, it adds to it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess that's why I'm having a hard time we are all so spaced out (in our immediate family) we have January (DH), March (DS1), June (DS2), September (DD), and November (me). But when I start to think about extended family my sister's is 3 days after DS1 and my moms is 4 days after DS2 and DD's is 1 day after FILs.
    Last edited by Jamie86; July 3rd, 2014 at 09:51 AM.
    Jamie
    Mama to
    Nathaniel (Nate or Nathan) (03/26/08) Logan (06/12/10) and BFP on 12/28/2011 after using swaying techniques from Gender Dreaming leading to Emma (09/06/2012)

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    mine aren't THAT close but are two weeks apart and also in the same month as Christmas (my 4th son's bday is 3 days away from Christmas) and I ended up liking it that way. It doesn't detract from the festivities, it adds to it.
    Yeah I was thinking about that too, that the celebrations will just be bigger and we can be sure to make each feel special. DH was having a hard time letting go of some past stuff so he is the one who started me worrying about it but then I reminded him (and myself) that we are nothing like his family. He has a nephew who is 1 year younger and who's birthday is a couple days after DH's. However their family dynamic is pretty dysfunctional. DH was adopted and the biological children of his parents didn't agree with the adoption because his parents were older in age (hence the nephews and nieces so close in age to DH) so they often treated DH like a second class citizen of the family and sharing a birthday with someone they considered "real" family made it worse.
    Last edited by Jamie86; July 3rd, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Jamie
    Mama to

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We actually had a pretty cool joint birthday for my sister and son! She was turning 18 and he was turning 1. They each had their own cake and we had pink and black decorations on one part of the house and blue sports decorations on the other and it was the best birthday party we've had for any of our kids. How I forgot that until this moment is crazy!
    Jamie
    Mama to

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have three in March and 1 in February. Clearly my fertile time! I just go into Bday mode, and make all plans and once and pull through. Then I am done for the year. Not a big deal at all. I always do separate birthday party's. There ages are spaced out. If they were closer in age then maybe I would do a big party together. I don think that's a reason not to try a get pregnant.

Good luck!

3 boys and 1 HT princess!
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not siblings but my birthday is November 3rd and my second sons is November 4th. I dislike it a lot actually because no odd wants to go out two days in a row and it would be too much cake for both of us to get our own so I've basically stopped celebrating my birthday at all. A few days in between would be better! Or even the same day.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    Not siblings but my birthday is November 3rd and my second sons is November 4th. I dislike it a lot actually because no odd wants to go out two days in a row and it would be too much cake for both of us to get our own so I've basically stopped celebrating my birthday at all. A few days in between would be better! Or even the same day.
    I'm sorry that really sucks! My DS1s due date was actually April 8th but I was induced 2 weeks early. However my next two I had naturally and DS2 was born 2 days after his due date and DD was born 4 days before. So I'm hoping that the due date being on his birthday will make them at least a couple of days apart. Although the whole issue may be moot, we might not even get a BFP this month (past experience we always conceived 1st month trying but that doesn't mean it will happen this time).
    Jamie
    Mama to

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha I'm sorry! I didn't mean to complain. I was being honest though. But we all know moms bdays aren't important anyway haha. It will be what it will be and I'm sure it will all work out. My husband was due on the same day as his brothers bday. He came 6 days early so it worked out perfectly.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast