Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update Is XX=Female and XY=Male Alone for Real???????

Hello ladies, The article below is trying to explain that XX and XY chromosome alone can not determine gender. It goes far to illustrate that other hormones can alter these chromosome somewhere in the 10th week of pregnancy to trigger blue or pink baby. Those hormone I believe is high or low testosterone.
    I would love everyone to read through this and lets brainstorm together.

Does having a Y chromosome make someone a man? | Intersex Society of North America
    How Is Gender Determined? | eHow

This is very difficult to believe but seems a very interesting subject.
    Your opinion on this will make a huge difference. Lets do this ladies, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, this is true but people who are intersex is a very small percentage of overall people and it's considered a birth defect - not something any of us should try to incorporate into a sway. Kids who are intersex are often sterile and have all sorts of medical problems. It's not a good thing. You can't turn an XX into an XY or vice versa, gender is set at birth and then for a few individuals something goes awry that does not allow them to fully turn into the gender that they were "supposed" to be.

It goes far beyond just having a mother who is higher and lower in testosterone. There are genetic causes why a baby does or does not make testosterone and when it happens in the "wrong" gender, that's BAD for development. The baby makes or doesn't make its own testosterone for genetic reasons and it's not something we can control (nor should we try)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a family member who is like this, and lemme tell ya, it's NOT something you want to do (or try to do) to your unborn baby. "She", and I use that term loosely, has a whole host of problems... Her ovaries and uterus never fully matured so she cannot have children. She does not identify with the female gender really, but she "looks" female mostly on the outside... except that she grows facial hair and has a deep voice. She has, and always will have, a very hard road

There are some things in nature we as human beings just SHOULD NOT mess with, and this is one of them!!! If gender is a huge concern for you, you should read some of atomic's swaying essays, she has done an excellent job

(Sorry if I have come off as rude but I have a very strong opinion about this subject)
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, this is true but people who are intersex is a very small percentage of overall people and it's considered a birth defect - not something any of us should try to incorporate into a sway. Kids who are intersex are often sterile and have all sorts of medical problems. It's not a good thing. You can't turn an XX into an XY or vice versa, gender is set at birth and then for a few individuals something goes awry that does not allow them to fully turn into the gender that they were "supposed" to be.

It goes far beyond just having a mother who is higher and lower in testosterone. There are genetic causes why a baby does or does not make testosterone and when it happens in the "wrong" gender, that's BAD for development. The baby makes or doesn't make its own testosterone for genetic reasons and it's not something we can control (nor should we try)
    As, I agree as the article from ehow also noted that they could have fertility issues which is very bad. IMO then people needs to be careful with what they do around the 10th week of pregnancy.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I have a family member who is like this, and lemme tell ya, it's NOT something you want to do (or try to do) to your unborn baby. "She", and I use that term loosely, has a whole host of problems... Her ovaries and uterus never fully matured so she cannot have children. She does not identify with the female gender really, but she "looks" female mostly on the outside... except that she grows facial hair and has a deep voice. She has, and always will have, a very hard road

There are some things in nature we as human beings just SHOULD NOT mess with, and this is one of them!!! If gender is a huge concern for you, you should read some of atomic's swaying essays, she has done an excellent job

(Sorry if I have come off as rude but I have a very strong opinion about this subject)
    Hello Charlee, its ok to come off the way you did, am not pregnant, I came up with this so we could brainstorm and not attack each other. I only wanted us all to see that certain things we may do at some point during pregnancy especially the 10th week may alter gender which may bring forth unhealthy baby. The article from ehow also mentioned the strong possibility of infertility in individuals with cross chromosomes.
    You have a point.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely! Well, coming from a person who has suffered first, second and third trimester losses, you really have to be careful during the whole pregnancy, but the first trimester especially

I hope I didn't offend you, I just wanted to be very clear about the real life implications of experimenting with altering the DNA replication of an unborn fetus. This family member of mine's mother did not even do this.... she took a medication that interrupted the replication (or so the doctors think)....

I think the short term pay off seems so inviting (re getting your desired gender)that it seems like something that might not be so bad. BUT, the long term implications are SO much worse than dealing with GD for period of time.... know what I mean?
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this *may* be part of the reason why some people say they were "born gay"... As in they have always felt they were in the wrong body, were never attracted to members of the opposite sex and so on.... Because the signals from their brain and hormones were crossed at some point in development. Now, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being gay or lesbian, but I'm not sure if it's a road that most of us mothers would willingly chose for our children. The family member I spoke of is a lesbian, and she has faced a great deal of adversity in her life... it breaks my heart
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Absolutely! Well, coming from a person who has suffered first, second and third trimester losses, you really have to be careful during the whole pregnancy, but the first trimester especially

I hope I didn't offend you, I just wanted to be very clear about the real life implications of experimenting with altering the DNA replication of an unborn fetus. This family member of mine's mother did not even do this.... she took a medication that interrupted the replication (or so the doctors think)....

I think the short term pay off seems so inviting (re getting your desired gender)that it seems like something that might not be so bad. BUT, the long term implications are SO much worse than dealing with GD for period of time.... know what I mean?
    I agree with you completely.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebabies2 View Post
    Hello Charlee, its ok to come off the way you did, am not pregnant, I came up with this so we could brainstorm and not attack each other. I only wanted us all to see that certain things we may do at some point during pregnancy especially the 10th week may alter gender which may bring forth unhealthy baby. The article from ehow also mentioned the strong possibility of infertility in individuals with cross chromosomes.
    You have a point.
    I was not in any way trying to be troll! haha
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On this note though, I have often thought about why some babies develop obvious gender clues early on, while others stay ambiguous for longer... maybe higher testosterone in the mother can make girl babies have a larger nub for a longer period of time? My DD had a very large nub and the u/s tech was convinced she was a boy, but the chromosome test showed clearly she was a girl.... So maybe an estrogen dominant mother would have a DS that takes longer to develop a pronounced nub too? Food for thought!

Thanks for sharing
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast